Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Rangers Media funnies.

My link

Stripping their tainted titles would be the greatest footballing achievement I have ever witnessed.

It's the constant reference to everyone else as 'our enemies' - LOL

You would think they were a beseiged country rather than a football club.

Not exactly filled with confidence if the SPL chief executive doesnt know the answer to this.

True - but the horror scenario of the deal being null and void may just be scare tactics.

I think there is a slight shift in light of what has happened with regard to a newco being guaranteed direct entry into the SPL. I still see it as likely, but with investigations basically going into Rangers entire existence in the SPL since its inception, there's maybe a sense that the clubs might not put pure commercial interests first.

I will up you....

Can't really get my head round that one, sounds like they are just going to use the but... "we are the people" defence, to try to get out of everything. I'm worried their crafty plan, might just work.

Why won't they die?!?!?

Doncaster believes that the Sky deal is not dependent on Rangers being in the league.

http://www.telegraph...r-payments.html

So the current TV deal requires 4 OF games but he 'believes' the new one doesn't. Firstly, does he not know the terms of the deal? Has he not read it? I would be very suprised if it doesn't have at least some renegotiaion clause allowing Sky to withdraw/dramatically reduce if the 4 main attractions do not materialise. So he is at the very least being disingenuous to imply that there will not be less tv money for SPL clubs if there are no OF games.

So the current TV deal requires 4 OF games but he 'believes' the new one doesn't. Firstly, does he not know the terms of the deal? Has he not read it? I would be very suprised if it doesn't have at least some renegotiaion clause allowing Sky to withdraw/dramatically reduce if the 4 main attractions do not materialise. So he is at the very least being disingenuous to imply that there will not be less tv money for SPL clubs if there are no OF games.

Did you not read the article?

“What will be in the next contract from the summer to be seen. You do a deal originally in a short-form agreement and then the long-form agreement follows that later on.

“That’s in process at the moment.

Very strange posture given that he was using the 4 OF games as a major argument against an expanded SPL just a few months back with the jist being that less OF games = smaller TV deal.

From rangers media (my new favourite comedy site):

"What do these cnuts not understand?????

SKY TV - Contract of £85m starting next season

Clause: fixture list must contain 4 RANGERS V CELTIC MATCHES.. Ok, if we are docked 30 points next season then SKY will get their matches. But if we get relegated then oooops there goes interest and the TV contract and the money. You can just picture Liewell: "but Sky, we can give you 4 games of C*ltic v Livingston?"

f**k off SPL, f**k off the other 11 "clubs", f**k off Thompson, f**k off Tainted FC and everything you's stand for (racism, bigotry, paranoia), f**k off SFA, f**k off HMRC, just everybody f**k the f**k off.

The sooner we get into England or some form of British league or an Atlantic league or something, anything that doesn't involve this corrupt country and their corrupt governing bodies, the better."

These fuds are superb - RM the site that just keeps on giving! :lol:

KTID

Clause: fixture list must contain 4 RANGERS V CELTIC MATCHES.. Ok, if we are docked 30 points next season then SKY will get their matches. But if we get relegated then oooops there goes interest and the TV contract and the money. You can just picture Liewell: "but Sky, we can give you 4 games of C*ltic v Livingston?"

f**k off SPL, f**k off the other 11 "clubs", f**k off Thompson, f**k off Tainted FC and everything you's stand for (racism, bigotry, paranoia), f**k off SFA, f**k off HMRC, just everybody f**k the f**k off.

The sooner we get into England or some form of British league or an Atlantic league or something, anything that doesn't involve this corrupt country and their corrupt governing bodies, the better."

KTID

He somehow missed off Whyte.

The Atlantic league is a brilliant idea. I can't believe they didn't come up with this sooner!!

They can take away our owners

They can take away our pies

They can even take away our freedom.

But they'll never take away our club and its proud history.

For we truly are the people.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Doncaster this morning saying if Rangers are found guilty of double payment they have upto 18 different sanctions, from a warning to stripping of league titles / trophies and even being kicked out the league

I'll wager they will just get a warning

Could be 0 in a row pleasing biggrin.gif

Did you not read the article?

"Doncaster, though, believes that the extended contract with their broadcast partners (which is due to last until 2017) will not be affected if Rangers are not in the top flight.

"What will be in the next contract from the summer to be seen. You do a deal originally in a short-form agreement and then the long-form agreement follows that later on. "That's in process at the moment. What will happen in the future? I never predict anything in football."

Neil Doncaster announced in November 2012 to great fanfare that the SPL have agreed 'substantially improved terms' with the broadcasters in a deal which takes effect from the start of next season and runs until 2017.

So does he have a deal or not? How does he know what the terms are?

"To have Sky and ESPN contracted for five years from 2012 gives our clubs the stability in a difficult economic climate and to plan for the future.

"It's a new five-year deal from 2012 to 2017. It's still the same 60 live games that ESPN and Sky show at present but it's improved terms. It's substantially improved terms financially."

So basically this 'short form agreement' to which he refers has yet to become a 'long form agreement' which is 'still in process' and which may change.

So I will predict something........if there are not 4 OF games per season then the deal will not be worth £80 million.

Edited by MacWatt

Just had a wee look on that Rangers Media site, check out the dumbstruck responses to DavyBoyBlue's reasoned post (around half way down) that life without rangers might not be all bad (sorry posting in phone and don't think I can shorten the full address):

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=213093&pid=1059839641&st=0entry1059839641

Edited by Jeff Venom

Just had a wee look on that Rangers Media site, check out the dumbstruck responses to DavyBoyBlue's reasoned post (around half way down) that life without rangers might not be all bad (sorry posting in phone and don't think I can shorten the full address):

http://forum.rangers...entry1059839641

I love how any vaguely sensible post is answered with "You're a Tim" or an offensive equivalent

snapback.pngWhiteRoseKillie, on 06 March 2012 - 11:17, said:

KTID

I wonder if Doncaster could tell me this weeks loto numbers ? How can the SPL "GUARANTEE" 4 Old Firm games. What would happen if one of the OF teams had a bad season and missed out on top 6 does that mean the deal is void ? As there would then only be 3 OF games in the league.

That messageboard is deranged; a mixture of bigots struggling to remain on their best behaviour, genuine cretins, and the terminally deluded.

I must admit there's a lot more talk of liquidation here than I expected. I actually think the longer the administrators are silent, the worse it is for them. Not only can they not get the wages sums to add up, the administrators must have lots of unknown accounting hand-grenades to defuse.

I'd still be pretty astonished of Rangers went the way of Third Lanark, Airdrie and Gretna but it really is looking bleak for them at the moment. I predict this will drag on for the rest of the season and will terminate in an almighty rule-bending clusterfuck over the summer.