Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Are we basically saying that Rangers can only basically end up either out of existence altogether or just ticketyboo and carrying on regardless, having released a few players now and signed a whole bunch more better ones in the summer?

Seems to me there's no real basis for them to be relegated to the third division, let alone the first.

They cannot keep Rangers in the SPL and allow Dunfermline to go down, neither can they stop Ross County from being promoted.

The only way around it is to extend the league.

We know the TV arrangement with Sky calls for 4 OF matches a season, I reckon the argument has to be that two are better than none. There may be a drop in the TV money but surely it's better than getting no cash at all.

It's one scenario I suppose but not one I see happening.

Indeed they are. Keeps me entertained, seeing as how at my own club there's no multi-million pound debt, dodgy contracts, offshore payment schemes, staff redundancies, player wage cuts, smarmy owners who bought St Mirren for a quid, season tickets sold off, or any other number of skeletons in the closet. Aside from that heady cocktail of gossip-worthy tit-tat, we also haven't been fcuked over in our last three home games.

It's boring being a Buddie, but you know, kinda' nice to know our 135 years of history is safe, and I'll be watching them next season, and the season after that... Pleasing.

You're saying exactly what I wish I had the confidence to say. But there is no justice in this world and I suspect that this post will come back to haunt.

They cannot keep Rangers in the SPL and allow Dunfermline to go down, neither can they stop Ross County from being promoted.

:o this is the SPL!

'let's have a ten team league' could fart out Rangers, Dunfy & let County up.

The only way around it is to extend the league.

We know the TV arrangement with Sky calls for 4 OF matches a season, I reckon the argument has to be that two are better than none. There may be a drop in the TV money but surely it's better than getting no cash at all.

It's one scenario I suppose but not one I see happening.

It's not a good scenario.

This 'there must be 4 OF league games' bit in the Sky deal. What happens if Rangers actually are liquidated and aren't around to complete the 4th bigotfest this season or one of the OF finished in the bottom 6 during a normal league season?

No matter how unlikely it would have looked at the time of drawing up the contract, surely Sky would have included some sort of get out clause, just in case.

This 'there must be 4 OF league games' bit in the Sky deal. What happens if Rangers actually are liquidated and aren't around to complete the 4th bigotfest this season or one of the OF finished in the bottom 6 during a normal league season?

No matter how unlikely it would have looked at the time of drawing up the contract, surely Sky would have included some sort of get out clause, just in case.

Keep up, neebs.

The worst bit about that is that Doncaster must have agreed to it! If that comes out in the wash, I want the c**t nailed to a wall.

You're saying exactly what I wish I had the confidence to say. But there is no justice in this world and I suspect that this post will come back to haunt.

The only part of that which could come back to haunt me is that St Mirren are eminently capable of being fcuked over in three successive home games! See, there's the thing though - if they did, I'd be unhappy of course, but far from suicidal like the Rangers fan on Saturday's phone-in who 'couldn't take it any more' because they'd lost two out of the last three. Glory-hunting, arrogant, whingers. 'We deserve better' banners - aye, as if year after year of trophy laden seasons and Champions League football wasn't enough.

I wouldn't swap one day of being a diddy team supporter for a lifetime of being an OF fan, and that's the truth. Now, if you offered me a season ticket for the Nou Camp, I might re-consider.

Keep up, neebs.

The worst bit about that is that Doncaster must have agreed to it! If that comes out in the wash, I want the c**t nailed to a wall.

I had to work this afternoon...almost impossible to back track and keep up! What's the answer to my little poser???

except Killy and Dunfermline

We'd laugh like a drain when it's your turn ;)

We'll sell hotel and stadium before we would even ve close to being in the state Rangers are.

I'd also bet that if the shit really hit the fan in relation finances, our fans would rally round a lot better than Rangers fans have.

Just like we did when our youth set up looked like it was going to be binned.

Dunfermline are in a far more precarious position.

We'll sell hotel and stadium before we would even ve close to being in the state Rangers are.

I'd also bet that if the shit really hit the fan in relation finances, our fans would rally round a lot better than Rangers fans have.

Just like we did when our youth set up looked like it was going to be binned.

Dunfermline are in a far more precarious position.

:whistle: