Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Sorry, but this is absurd. The administrators should have no concern for preserving the first team. They have to get the company to a position where it can break even, and if that means Rangers lose the majority of their first team and have to play youth players for the rest of the season then tough. The effect it has on Rangers on the pitch for the rest of the season shouldn't be taken into consideration at all.

Have these two ever actually dealt with a company in administration before? They don't have a clue what they're doing.

correct...gretna were in same boat..in fact many of the pnbers who were delighting in their demise were keen to play for them when they were struggling to get 11 players out just so they could say they had played a game in the spl....thinking bout it if hnd had their business hats on...theyd punt all the players and auction of places in the team for the remaining fixtures..could be a rare wee money spinner that..must plenty of overweight pub players who wud give £50 to play in the spl.:lol:

After being told by Duffman that wage deferrals are unacceptable because the budget has to be cut, not just staved off on the never never, the players have proffered another deferral plan to be considered over night. Sounds like unless the players agree pay cuts sharpish Duffman will be handing out P45's without Ally's input, who is trying to avoid the responsibility of saying who has to go.

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I'm practically clueless on the subject but if it was to come to a point where a new Rangers are formed, what would give them the right to a place in SFL 3 over other clubs that would like that opportunity?

Edited by JRD

I'd personally think it's highly optimistic to suggest that a "new Rangers" can only survive in the SPL. They've a big enough core support to happily sustain a decent SFL operation, whether playing from Scotstoun, Firhill, etc. if necessary.

yeah but since they wont get credit...filling those stadia would be their primary income..and that certainly wont bring in enough cash to push them up the leagues and onto spl title winning territory. it would be an existence, but certainly not what their fans would entertain on a long term basis. if you can only sell for instance 5000 tickets...you dont have enough cash to challenge celtic. you need a big stadium and lots of ticket sales. if you have a big stadium you need to sell a shed load of tickets simply to run the stadium before you even worry about players.. its a catch 22 for a newco if it doesnt get straight into spl.

They're a Private Limited Company.

Undoubtedly. The legal entity of a company isn't the issue though.

Were "Leeds Utd" founded in 1893 or 2007? You'll get different answers there.

Leeds Utd fans will say 1893. In 2007, the FA + FL didn't say 2007. Etc. etc.

The leeds united fans i know say they were founded in 1919,

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I'm practically clueless on the subject but if it was to come to a point where a new Rangers are formed, what would give them the right to a place in SFL 3 over other clubs that would like that opportunity?

Assuming you mean a new club formed from scratch... absolutely nothing. They would have to apply for the SFL3 vacancy like anyone else. Furthermore, if they were formed from scratch they would be facing something of an uphill struggle to get SFA membership (mandatory to play in SFL) in time.

The leeds united fans i know say they were founded in 1919,

Sorry, sub-conscious typo most likely; note Wikipedia says "1919; formed 93 years ago".

Edited by HibeeJibee

Money.

I can understand the administrator's quandary here, on one hand they have to decimate the team but on the other hand they have to look to the fans like they are doing their very best to keep fabric of the team together.

Within the past week there have been convictions for parcel bombs sent to people who have spoken out against Rangers in the past, there was, just today, someone arrested for posting death threats towards the Celtic manager on the internet. You only have to read the bile from Rangers forums which has been reposted in this thread to understand what a horrible and vicious bunch of fans form a section of the Rangers support. I believe any decision as to the future of RFC has already been made by the administrators but there will be delays and sleight of hand to make it look as if the administrators have tried their utmost to save the club and the squad whereas they are only protecting themselves from the scum faction.

I can understand the administrator's quandary here, on one hand they have to decimate the team but on the other hand they have to look to the fans like they are doing their very best to keep fabric of the team together.

Within the past week there have been convictions for parcel bombs sent to people who have spoken out against Rangers in the past, there was, just today, someone arrested for posting death threats towards the Celtic manager on the internet. You only have to read the bile from Rangers forums which has been reposted in this thread to understand what a horrible and vicious bunch of fans form a section of the Rangers support. I believe any decision as to the future of RFC has already been made by the administrators but there will be delays and sleight of hand to make it look as if the administrators have tried their utmost to save the club and the squad whereas they are only protecting themselves from the scum faction.

i get what your saying...but the law doesnt which is why hmrc should be pushing for different administrators...they are only there to protect creditors.

I don't think that's true. Their only remit should be to get the business into a such a state where it is viable. The fans, in this instance, shouldn't be anywhere near the top of their agenda

I don't think that's true. Their only remit should be to get the business into a such a state where it is viable. The fans, in this instance, shouldn't be anywhere near the top of their agenda

If you knew you had to pull the plug on the life support of a club who had such militant fans, death threats and bullets and bombs through the post being commonplace these days, would you want to be the one to hold the press conference and tell the world you were killing them off without trying to look as if you had done everything in your power to stop it?

Rangers are fcuked, we all know it, but the administrators are making it look like they are trying to save them.

Since when was keeping the knuckledragging support happy one of an administrator's duties? Their job is to secure the company as a viable entity, and carrying on paying the likes of Broadface four figure sums on a weekly basis ain't doing that!

This whole thing is beginning to stink so bad that I get the feeling that Strathclyde's finest, the SPL, the SFA, and (possibly) HMRC are just waiting for one of the others to tip this manky mob over the edge, so that THEIR organisation can say "we did what we could to keep the big hoose open."

Surely HMRC (who didn't want Duff & Duffer in the first place) must soon apply to the Court of Session to have them replaced by administrators who have no previous involvement with this disgraceful bunch of cheating, thieving, lying, tax-dodging bigots. And for anyone who thinks that description's a bit harsh, all four adjectives and the noun are 100% factually accurate.

KTID

i get what your saying...but the law doesnt which is why hmrc should be pushing for different administrators...they are only there to protect creditors.

Since when was keeping the knuckledragging support happy one of an administrator's duties? Their job is to secure the company as a viable entity, and carrying on paying the likes of Broadface four figure sums on a weekly basis ain't doing that!

This whole thing is beginning to stink so bad that I get the feeling that Strathclyde's finest, the SPL, the SFA, and (possibly) HMRC are just waiting for one of the others to tip this manky mob over the edge, so that THEIR organisation can say "we did what we could to keep the big hoose open."

Surely HMRC (who didn't want Duff & Duffer in the first place) must soon apply to the Court of Session to have them replaced by administrators who have no previous involvement with this disgraceful bunch of cheating, thieving, lying, tax-dodging bigots. And for anyone who thinks that description's a bit harsh, all four adjectives and the noun are 100% factually accurate.

KTID

You guys are picking up on the wrong part of my post.

If you knew you had to pull the plug on the life support of a club who had such militant fans, death threats and bullets and bombs through the post being commonplace these days, would you want to be the one to hold the press conference and tell the world you were killing them off without trying to look as if you had done everything in your power to stop it?

Rangers are fcuked, we all know it, but the administrators are making it look like they are trying to save them.

It wouldn't be Haudit & Daudit who 'pulled the plug'. On the contrary - the more money they save, and the quicker they do it, the higher the chances are of Rangers surviving. (As the Rangers with 140 years history). Which makes this administration seem all the stranger.... Unless of course, as Whyte-favoured administrators, their intent is to see Rangers liquidated.

I can't actually type this next bit without shaking my head in disbelief... In making it look like they care, Haudit and Daudit are trying to avoid a knee-capping, and make a club supported by lunatics liable to fire-bomb your home or blow up your office more attractive to investors...

Good luck guys!

You guys are picking up on the wrong part of my post.

Not at all, we're picking up on the fact that Duff & Duffer are part and parcel of whatever dodgy deals are necessary to minimise the disruption for rangers to carry on as an SPL club with minimal impact to their status which, IMHO, is morally reprehensible. This is why HMRC didn't want them in place, and the Whyte Knight did.

KTID

Aren't conspiracy theories entertaining? :)

Indeed they are. Keeps me entertained, seeing as how at my own club there's no multi-million pound debt, dodgy contracts, offshore payment schemes, staff redundancies, player wage cuts, smarmy owners who bought St Mirren for a quid, season tickets sold off, or any other number of skeletons in the closet. Aside from that heady cocktail of gossip-worthy tit-tat, we also haven't been fcuked over in our last three home games.

It's boring being a Buddie, but you know, kinda' nice to know our 135 years of history is safe, and I'll be watching them next season, and the season after that... Pleasing.

Indeed they are. Keeps me entertained, seeing as how at my own club there's no multi-million pound debt, dodgy contracts, offshore payment schemes, staff redundancies, player wage cuts, smarmy owners who bought St Mirren for a quid, season tickets sold off, or any other number of skeletons in the closet. Aside from that heady cocktail of gossip-worthy tit-tat, we also haven't been fcuked over in our last three home games.

It's boring being a Buddie, but you know, kinda' nice to know our 135 years of history is safe, and I'll be watching them next season, and the season after that... Pleasing.

Have a greenie, sir, and let's look forward to The Rise Of The Planet Of The Diddies...

KTID

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie