Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I can only speak for myself...I cant and wouldn't want to speak for the rest of the support. I will support Rangers for the rest of my days. I will continue to pay the money for my season ticket if it is the only way to keep the club going in. Obviously i am not going to be happy about it but at the end of the day i spent as much at Inverness for an overnighter as i do on my season ticket. I'll just miss a couple of away days to compensate for the expense if i have to. At this momnet in time nothing is more important than keeping the club going. They could always give us a wee thank you when we get back to the SPL by keeping the ticket price the same for those who continued to support the club through the darker days.

I have absolutely no doubt that we will lose 20,000+ supporters on a weekly basis..f**k them. Many claim this but i really did follow the club everywhere in the pre Souness days. I know better than most exactly what our support are like and how fickle they can be. To be perfectly honest there are 1 or 2 who sit next to me at Ibrox i will be happy to see the back off. We can maybe go back to the old 'Rover Season Ticket' which meant you could have any seat in the Copland or Govan stand..Those were the days before the ground was filled by glory hunters.

As long as there is a Rangers Football Club of some description in the league set up then i'll be there every week to cheer them on. If there isn't... Well it will break my heart but i am sure i'll survive.

A rabble rousing speech which still doesn't explain to me how a 3rd Division team (your preferred option) affords a decaying 45000 seater stadium and Murray's folly. My 2nd Division team can barely afford the leccy bill for the floodlights and train on their one pitch or at the public park.

BBC Scotland's James Cook

"A small group of worried #Rangers fans have gathered outside Ibrox"

Do these people not have jobs?

It's 11am on a Thursday ffs :lol: :lol:

couple of twitter bits....celtic to vote no ti newco and newco to start in 1st devision not 3rd?

There's no mechanism apart from relegation that would send a club from SPL to Div 1. If they are booted out of the SPL they'll not be getting a free ride to the top of the SFL that's for sure.

couple of twitter bits....celtic to vote no ti newco and newco to start in 1st devision not 3rd?

NOT having that !!

Straight off to the third with them to do their community service through the leagues. During their time there we all get the chance to verbally abuse them and our teams get their chance to boot them around the park every saturday. We know how to treat "Royalty" wink.gif

Please be the Big Hoose guy!

Call me an old sentimentalist but I don't think you can just throw out history and so whatever Greene and his posse say they will always be Newco to me. There...I've said it and I feel a lot better now.

Edited by Fasda

do these people no have te go sign on for their stamps?

The SPL, then the SFL, neither known for speedy decision making, are quickly running out of time to 'deal' with the newco Rangers situation IMHO. It's eight weeks on Saturday until the SPL & League Cup starts, with the SFL kicking-off the following weekend yet we're, what? A week away from the SPL making a decision? I don't think anyone can say with confidence Rangers will be in a situation to compete in (and complete) ANY competition next season.

Forget relegation to the Third Division - whatever the proceedural mechanism (via the SFA?), the best thing going forward in the short-term would be to suspend newco Rangers from all competition next season.

The longer this drags on, the more the uncertainty effects every league club in Scotland. Invite applications to join the Third Division for season 12/13 and leave those in Govan to sort their own mess out without it impacting on Scottish football.

This is a very good point. With lots still apparently to come out about the extent of the cheating and every chance that an entire squad of professional footballers will walk out to other jobs before the start of the season there has to be a real danger that Govan Disunited might not be in a position to fulfil fixtures until the whole farce has played out. That would cause yet more huge negative impact on the game, whichever division they're in, and would make our game look even more of a joke than it already does...

The SPL, then the SFL, neither known for speedy decision making, are quickly running out of time to 'deal' with the newco Rangers situation IMHO. It's eight weeks on Saturday until the SPL & League Cup starts, with the SFL kicking-off the following weekend yet we're, what? A week away from the SPL making a decision? I don't think anyone can say with confidence Rangers will be in a situation to compete in (and complete) ANY competition next season.

Forget relegation to the Third Division - whatever the proceedural mechanism (via the SFA?), the best thing going forward in the short-term would be to suspend newco Rangers from all competition next season.

The longer this drags on, the more the uncertainty effects every league club in Scotland. Invite applications to join the Third Division for season 12/13 and leave those in Govan to sort their own mess out without it impacting on Scottish football.

Makes a lot of sense.

BUT what happens the following season?

Bottom club in Div 3 relegated? Might be Rangers

Right then, I'm a wee bit puzzled here.

What is the procedure for transferring a SPL licence and SFA membership to a NewCo following liquidation?

There seems to be a presumption, and I appreciate it's in the Rangers-biased media, that Charles Green FC will take this up automatically. Is that the case?

There seems to be differing opinions about this. What was discussed on here yesterday was a transfer of the SPL share and SFA membership from the oldco before it is liquidated to the newco. However, this blog suggests that the newco will have to apply for, effectively, a new SPL share and SFA membership.

This guy is a sports lawyer, so you would think he knows his stuff, but I think he's wrong and the collective minds of P&B are right. His blog also says they would apply for SFA membership first, then the SPL, which goes against what Old Northerner posted this morning. Again, I think he is right and this blog is wrong.

If Green is serious (ahem, cough), about paying 5.5 million for whatever the hell it is he thinks he's buying - I thought in all of this, Haudit & Daudit stood to be paid first in any event.... over 5mil?

Yeah, strange coincidence that, isnt it. I bet Green and H&D had a few laughs about that one when they realised what Green was going to pay for the newco came to almost exactly what H&D are due.

The valuation applied by the administrators isn't relevant, the assets are worth what someone is prepared to pay for them.

What I can't understand, however, is why the administrators think they can set the price. As a creditor I want the value maximised. The assets to be transferred should be auctioned to try and achieve the maximum return. It's quite simple really, if Duff & Phelps wish to sell to Sevco for £5.5m then set a reserve price at auction of £5,500,001. If it is not reached then the sale can go ahead and the creditors know the assets have been sold for the maximum possible.

As someone else posted, its simple supply and demand. Rangers have been up for sale for years and in administration since February. If someone was going to pay more for Ibrox, Murray park etc then, H&Ds argument is, they would have done so by now.