Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Don't get yourself all worked up - people operating at this financial level are a bit more level-headed than your average Record reader, and they certainly won't be listening to Traynor and his ilk.

As has been posted on here for months, the myths about the collapse of our game in a currant-free future are exactly that - myths. Or, if you prefer, lies, fabrication, foundationless conjecture, absolute bollox.

One poster on here did a bit of calculation and came up with a figure required to replace the invaluable money coming to the average SPL side from rangers' participation. The figure he/she came up with was around 1500 extra fans per home game. Not without the bounds of possibility if supporters believed there was a chance of some more success in a league run honestly. Even if not, most clubs would survive quite happily, cutting their cloth accordingly.

Oh, by the way, those calculations were based on NO cash from TV, and NO replacement club visiting instead of der buns. I'm fairly sure Dundee United, at least, would happily punt this mob to see the return of the Tayside derby. (Hell, I'd rather see A*r back, like that's ever gonna happen :D)

The fact is that outside the tabloid-minded, OF-centric media, people are beginning to do the sums and realising that this mob of cheating b*****ds just aren't worth the trouble. The SPL clubs are starting to make encouraging noises, and so for that matter are those in the SFL should the cheats attempt to walk into a place in division 3.

I just hope that our chairman realises which way the wind is blowing, as I can see Killie's already low gates dropping by half next year if they bend over for rangers. Conversely, I believe we could be on the verge of a sustained period of relative success at RP if the chairman listens to his fans (and his manager) and lets the Mixu/KS project come to maturity.

Could you get the calculation up here so we could mail it to chairmen?

can BDO as liquidators once they take control of the club not sell on assets individually to recoup money to claim more cash than the pittance that green has offered.

sfa could get murray park as a training centre for scots national teams at cut price 2m, players such as mcgregor, whittaker, naismith an the like even sold off at 1m each surely they could end up with more than the 5.5m offered.

after all we're repeatedly told assets are 125m

Don't get yourself all worked up - people operating at this financial level are a bit more level-headed than your average Record reader, and they certainly won't be listening to Traynor and his ilk.

As has been posted on here for months, the myths about the collapse of our game in a currant-free future are exactly that - myths. Or, if you prefer, lies, fabrication, foundationless conjecture, absolute bollox.

One poster on here did a bit of calculation and came up with a figure required to replace the invaluable money coming to the average SPL side from rangers' participation. The figure he/she came up with was around 1500 extra fans per home game. Not without the bounds of possibility if supporters believed there was a chance of some more success in a league run honestly. Even if not, most clubs would survive quite happily, cutting their cloth accordingly.

Oh, by the way, those calculations were based on NO cash from TV, and NO replacement club visiting instead of der buns. I'm fairly sure Dundee United, at least, would happily punt this mob to see the return of the Tayside derby. (Hell, I'd rather see A*r back, like that's ever gonna happen :D)

The fact is that outside the tabloid-minded, OF-centric media, people are beginning to do the sums and realising that this mob of cheating b*****ds just aren't worth the trouble. The SPL clubs are starting to make encouraging noises, and so for that matter are those in the SFL should the cheats attempt to walk into a place in division 3.

I just hope that our chairman realises which way the wind is blowing, as I can see Killie's already low gates dropping by half next year if they bend over for rangers. Conversely, I believe we could be on the verge of a sustained period of relative success at RP if the chairman listens to his fans (and his manager) and lets the Mixu/KS project come to maturity.

It'll need a meltdown of gargantuan proportions for that to happen.

I'm doing my expenses claim at the moment, and have just completed an entry for 14th February. I instantly recalled that this was the day that Rangers (as distinct from The Rangers), went into administration. So distracted by this was I, that I only just remembered to get my missus a Valentines Day empire biscuit from Greggs on the road home.

From now on, Valentines Day will always be know to me as Valediction Day :)

One poster on here did a bit of calculation and came up with a figure required to replace the invaluable money coming to the average SPL side from rangers' participation. The figure he/she came up with was around 1500 extra fans per home game. Not without the bounds of possibility if supporters believed there was a chance of some more success in a league run honestly.

This is hopeful nonsense. Motherwell hardly registered (if they even did at all) an increase while chasing a CL spot at the end of the season. Saying something doesn't make it true.

The good thing about the boycott chat and the emails to clubs from fans though is that it reduces the value of Rangers being in the league. Boards are having to choose between a reduction in fans with no Rangers and another reduction in fans if there is a Rangers.

Could you get the calculation up here so we could mail it to chairmen?

There is nobody that could work it out better than the accountant of these clubs.

If I was party to all incomes and outgoings of Killie I could work it out no problem, no reason to assume MJ hasn't already done this.

I still don't understand how the assets can be sold for £5.5m when D&P themselves listed the value of MP and Ipox as over £100m between them.

The valuation applied by the administrators isn't relevant, the assets are worth what someone is prepared to pay for them.

What I can't understand, however, is why the administrators think they can set the price. As a creditor I want the value maximised. The assets to be transferred should be auctioned to try and achieve the maximum return. It's quite simple really, if Duff & Phelps wish to sell to Sevco for £5.5m then set a reserve price at auction of £5,500,001. If it is not reached then the sale can go ahead and the creditors know the assets have been sold for the maximum possible.

The SPL, then the SFL, neither known for speedy decision making, are quickly running out of time to 'deal' with the newco Rangers situation IMHO. It's eight weeks on Saturday until the SPL & League Cup starts, with the SFL kicking-off the following weekend yet we're, what? A week away from the SPL making a decision? I don't think anyone can say with confidence Rangers will be in a situation to compete in (and complete) ANY competition next season.

Forget relegation to the Third Division - whatever the proceedural mechanism (via the SFA?), the best thing going forward in the short-term would be to suspend newco Rangers from all competition next season.

The longer this drags on, the more the uncertainty effects every league club in Scotland. Invite applications to join the Third Division for season 12/13 and leave those in Govan to sort their own mess out without it impacting on Scottish football.

Edited by Kitty_Boy

I simply do not believe any 1 of the other 11 clubs will vote Rangers in. Rangers seem almost certain to lose the vote so why would say Kilmarnock for example vote to have Rangers in and upset their supporters. It would be madness for them to do this. Nope SFL 3 it is.

Just to add i never read Leggo bit i did read the post above. Was he trying to break some kind of record for getting the word 'Bigot' into the 1 Blog. :lol:

Why should this hypothetical team you're talking about get straight into the 3rd division? What about the other teams waiting for an SFL place? You're being a tad presumptuous.