Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Right then, I'm a wee bit puzzled here.

What is the procedure for transferring a SPL licence and SFA membership to a NewCo following liquidation?

There seems to be a presumption, and I appreciate it's in the Rangers-biased media, that Charles Green FC will take this up automatically. Is that the case?

As far as I understand it - membership of the SFA requires you to be playing somewhere in its league structure. The SPL chairmen as a body will vote on NewCo being accepted into the SPL. If that succeeds then SFA membership should be a rubber-stamp job. If not they will no doubt apply to the SFL - but there may not be a vacancy, or they may not meet the criteria, or a host of other issues. If NewCo can't manage the SPL or SFL then they'll have to go non-league to attain SFA membership - and that may take a bit of time

As far as I understand it - membership of the SFA requires you to be playing somewhere in its league structure. The SPL chairmen as a body will vote on NewCo being accepted into the SPL. If that succeeds then SFA membership should be a rubber-stamp job. If not they will no doubt apply to the SFL - but there may not be a vacancy, or they may not meet the criteria, or a host of other issues. If NewCo can't manage the SPL or SFL then they'll have to go non-league to attain SFA membership - and that may take a bit of time

Stop fcuking teasing us.

With Rangers not in the SPL voting reform will happen anyway and supporters still get to mock you for three years. From a Rangers point of view though I think SFL3 would be disastrous. I don't see how you could afford to maintain Ibrox/Murray Park without having to shaft supporters with huge season ticket fees. I would also be surprised if you made it straight back to the SPL in 3 seasons. Also think "fans" would desert the club.

Rangers have went about this whole process in the worst way possible. They should have shown contrition, regret and been humble and attempted to garner support from within the game. Instead they have been arrogant, obnoxious and down right stupid (e.g. court action, boycotts etc). Because of all that I think it is now too late for Rangers. You should have worked with Scottish football to sort this mess out rather than the us against the world mentality.

Excellent post, totally agree with the second part.

I can only speak for myself...I cant and wouldn't want to speak for the rest of the support. I will support Rangers for the rest of my days. I will continue to pay the money for my season ticket if it is the only way to keep the club going in. Obviously i am not going to be happy about it but at the end of the day i spent as much at Inverness for an overnighter as i do on my season ticket. I'll just miss a couple of away days to compensate for the expense if i have to. At this momnet in time nothing is more important than keeping the club going. They could always give us a wee thank you when we get back to the SPL by keeping the ticket price the same for those who continued to support the club through the darker days.

I have absolutely no doubt that we will lose 20,000+ supporters on a weekly basis..f**k them. Many claim this but i really did follow the club everywhere in the pre Souness days. I know better than most exactly what our support are like and how fickle they can be. To be perfectly honest there are 1 or 2 who sit next to me at Ibrox i will be happy to see the back off. We can maybe go back to the old 'Rover Season Ticket' which meant you could have any seat in the Copland or Govan stand..Those were the days before the ground was filled by glory hunters.

As long as there is a Rangers Football Club of some description in the league set up then i'll be there every week to cheer them on. If there isn't... Well it will break my heart but i am sure i'll survive.

Gers fan at work is actually saying there is some sort of link between McCoist leaving and Harry Rednap quitting Spurs. Un - fucking - believable :lol: Maybe Harry's heard of the brown envelope culture of Ra Peepul :unsure:

Could be going the other way, except Rangers couldn't afford the money to Harry Redknaps dogs account never mind Harry's.

Put bread in toaster

Stir mug then ding spoon against the top 3 times.

Put spoon down.

Sit down

Wait

Get toast, butter it.

Sit down

Wait

Try to martial thoughts into what the realistic outcomes are of today and the permutations that might unfold.

Fail

Tinfoil hat on, bath running, curry in microwave

Possibly the greatest first post in the history of Pie and Bovril.

I just wish I knew whether the 'history' transfers under any of the above - I'm assuming that may well be the SFA's remit as well as membership

I can't see how the history and the debt can be separated now, they chased away the guy with a cunning plan.

Edited by ayrmad

David Cowan@stvdavidc #Rangers cva meeting took 9 mins. Told assets go to newco by tomorrow at latest. Admin could take many more weeks before liquidation begins

I still don't understand how the assets can be sold for £5.5m when D&P themselves listed the value of MP and Ipox as over £100m between them.