Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Can you honestly see Motherwell fans boycotting their team this season? They have Champions League football to look forward to.

If Motherwell vote a newco straight back in then i'm out after 40 odd years :(

I'm sorry it's their just desserts for decades of cheating...where is the SPL double contract report? That should see them sine die from football

Looking forward to two investigations, one from the liquidators, and one from the police, maybe even a parliamentary one.

Any Rangers fan that see's Green should blow him a raspberry, drooling over the corpse of the club trying to squeeze fans for money from owning the cheaply bought assets

A newco will not be liable for the outcome of the dual contracts.

To be fair, a first year law student could have answered that one and anyone in this thread who didn't know that already really needs to read more and post less.

Terribly sorry. I take it all posts updating the situation are banned from now on?

Why are people reacting like this is some unexpected revelation :unsure:?

Where's the surprise? The only ones going to be surprised are those living in their la la dream world.

Edited by 7-2

If they're in Division 3, they will have a considerably higher revenue than other clubs around them. Light years ahead. Merchandise and gate receipts will cover it. They might lose all their players, but they will have absolutely no problems attracting the cream of the lower leagues to destroy division 2 and 3. Then they get into division 1, and again, will have no problems getting lower SPL players to sign. Then bam, back in the SPL, and watch the taps open.

Difference between Gretna and Rangers is simply the merchandise, crowds, and facilities. Rangers have it all in place already. Plus its often said that Rangers fans are gloryhunters. Well they have 2 years (minimum) of destroying all comers to watch. So crowds will still be high.

Do you have the foggiest idea how much it costs to run Ibrox? You should do, they've been telling everyone about it since February.

£2 million. Rents, rate, etc - Ibrox is a bloody expensive place to run. There's a reason Clyde got out of Glasgow - that city is not the cheapest place in the world to run a sports business in, and it is worse if you are in a prime site right next to a motorway turn off lots would love to get their hands on. If Clyde couldn't manage it in a rented stadium, Rangers have no more chance when they've got rid of one Whyte elephant, but still have another White Elephant in the shape of an Ibrox needing repairs for basic wear and tear Murray neglected when he was too busy trying to sell it off.

Next comes the revenue streams open to them. There isn't a club in the 1st Division that costs £2 million to run, let alone one in the 3rd where Zombie Orcs FC would be plying their trade where they'll be charging only £10 to £12 admission, and if you think they'll be getting the same old crowds as before, you're kidding yourself. That erroneous assumption doing the rounds is based on the 2008 Scottish Cup tie against East Stirlingshire where 34 000 turned up to watch Rangers win 6-0.

But that was a Rangers full of European calibre (at least in Rangers fans eyes) players - not the kids and old hoofers they will have to make do with as Ibrox drains away whatever money they are earning big time, and fans will not bother to turn up for them - they will sit in the pub watching Chelsea and saying they'll go back to the games "once they're up the divisions a bit".

This is even assuming that Rangers are allowed to play next season and aren't suspended as punishment for taking the SFA tribunal to court.

Unless someone comes along with a shit load of money, Rangers are dead - and that jumped up spiv Chas Green hasn't got that sort of money or the connections to get them.

Maybe not, but it's not going to help their bargaining position if it becomes clear that RFC should really have been relegated in 2001 or 2002 because of improperly registered players.

Tyrone Smith@TyroneSTV#motherwell say they've a duty to act in club's best interests & hope these cn be 'reconciled wth the interests of the game' #spl

That's the first yes to newco then.

There's no way they won't be voted straight back in.

The SPL chairmen should think long and hard about pissing off their supporters - if Stuart Milne voted to let the Govan Zombies straight back in, I estimate the already dwindling Pittodrie crowds would melt by an immediate 4-5 thousand. Certainly with 41 years regular attendance, I'd retreat to peterhead, fraserburgh, inverurie etc a lot more. (Not cove though)

SSN confirming newco also need SFA 'approval'. Hopefully if the SPL bottle it the SFA will be the heroes.

"Yeah, we know we broke the rules in taking you to court and wouldn't even confirm whether or not we were going to appeal but can we get a licence please?"

The SFA board has to allow the membership to transfer from oldco to newco, wonder if thats another bridge they've burnt beyond repair.:D

That's why I asked where it was, they could have done 10 investigations, it's being blocked. Everyone knows what it will say, it's a disgrace it's not been published, it would lead to further criminal investigations IMO

incidently a great article - http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/rangers-taxman-walk/1899

The moaning faced pessimistic aresholes who 3 days ago were convinced the CVA were going to be approved are the same moaning faced pessimistic aresholes who are now saying Rangers newco will definitely be admitted to the SPL.

1339515250[/url]' post='6327545']

And they'll have running costs comparable to the other clubs.... Eh, naw. As they'll have to operate on a cash-up-front basis with everyone from the taxman to the printers, with NO-ONE willing to extend credit to a business with their record, they could well be fucked before Christmas.

Merchandise - sold by (S)DM to fill a wee cashflow gap.

Facilities - which need maintaining/repairing. And with the lines of credit cut and crowds droppping, how much is going to be available for ANY players, let alone the 40+ they've STILL got on the books after 4 months of this farce?

These are good points, particularly facilities upkeep. Darlington was essentially destroyed by the upkeep costs of Reynolds white elephant. I can't see Rangers attendances sinking to anything like under 10,000, let alone what Darlington drew, but on the other hand that stadium was brand new and smaller than Ibrox. Murray park also has its own running costs.

I have no idea what happens to Rangers merchandise deal in a NewCo scenario but it seems unlikely to me that Rangers will be in a position to rebuild a network of wholly owned club shops so keeping some sort of arrangement with JBL may make commercial sense for them. It would seem to me merchandise income will either be split with a current or new distribution partner or heavily eaten away by new infrastructure costs.

It seems to me the whole thing will hinge on Bears showing up both at Ibrox and when Green does a share scheme.

If they're in Division 3, they will have a considerably higher revenue than other clubs around them. Light years ahead. Merchandise and gate receipts will cover it. They might lose all their players, but they will have absolutely no problems attracting the cream of the lower leagues to destroy division 2 and 3. Then they get into division 1, and again, will have no problems getting lower SPL players to sign. Then bam, back in the SPL, and watch the taps open.<br style="font-family: verdana, tahoma, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(252, 252, 252); "><br style="font-family: verdana, tahoma, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(252, 252, 252); ">Difference between Gretna and Rangers is simply the merchandise, crowds, and facilities. Rangers have it all in place already. Plus its often said that Rangers fans are gloryhunters. Well they have 2 years (minimum) of destroying all comers to watch. So crowds will still be high.

Dreamland mate.

The overheads will cripple them as has been said over and over.

Merchandise? Where is the money coming from to manufacture the kits, pens etc? Donations?

Sponsors will run a mile.

As I understand it it's NOT an application for a vacant share, but a specific application to transfer the one held by Old Rangers to New Rangers. Would only become vacant if that application was rejected.

Oh well, just got the SFA appellate judgment to look forward to, or should that be too controversial a subject to throw them out on they have got the choice not to transfer the SFA membership to a newco avoiding the controversy and opportunity for another appeal to the CoS.

That's why I asked where it was, they could have done 10 investigations, it's being blocked. Everyone knows what it will say, it's a disgrace it's not been published, it would lead to further criminal investigations IMO

incidently a great article - http://blogs.channel...axman-walk/1899

Sorry, picked you up wrong there, i agree, if they were in place (and they were) the paperwork shows it and they should be fucked for it, perhaps they are waiting until tomorrow to do it for maximum impact.

:)

alex thomson ‏@alextomo

HMRC confirm new Rangers will not be liable for Big Tax Case if taxman wins - but company in administration (present RFC) is liable.

fuxake

Looks like they are going to get off scot free

Not quite. If the directors of Rangers carried out their duties correctly and honestly they should be ok, however if they didn't they will become personally liable. Based on the sneaky look we got as presented by the SFA panel report at how Rangers was run and the actions of the directors, I would guess they will all fall into personal liability.

This means Murray in particular but also Bain, McClellend, Grieg and King of course. If I were Murray I would be moving my money to safe havens. Does he have a home in a country without extradition agreements with the UK?

Just read post http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/167655-big-rangers-administrationliquidation-thread-all-chat-here/page__view__findpost__p__6327862 where Alex Thomson gives us the basics. Great to have one journo who actually can see through the usual hype and nonsense, even if he can only be giving a fraction of his time to the Rangers story. He does have wars and such things to cover. mad.gif

Edited by thelegendthatis