Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

alex thomson ‏@alextomo

HMRC confirm new Rangers will not be liable for Big Tax Case if taxman wins - but company in administration (present RFC) is liable.

fuxake

Looks like they are going to get off scot free

Scott free? The fvckers have been executed.

Because they WILL still exist at the time the vote is taken.

Who will vote on the Oldco's behalf? The liquidators? Duff and Phelps? Craig Whyte? (who is still listed as Chairman) The creditors?

Does a new employer have to take on the employees? Do you really want Whittaker, McGregor, Davis on big contracts. It could turn into a Bobo Balde situation where they are just a financial drain on the club. They are all good players but that is massive financial burden with probably diminished attendances and no European money.

Short answer: yes; long answer: there may be wriggle room. The law says you can't dismiss an employee when TUPE applies unless it is for an economic, technical or organisational reason. I'm afraid I'd have no idea whether "Jesus Christ have you seen that cunt's wages!?" would qualify as an economic reason justifying dismissal.

As someone who has been TUPEd in the past it's more a case of not being entitled to a redundancy payment if you refuse to be TUPEd.

Interesting as I was offered redundancy pay in regard to a TUPE. That said it wasn't a bad TUPE it was one company taking over another. What adds confusion is that some websites (ACAS for example) state you are due it if you have been in employment for over 2 years, while others (Unison) claim you aren't.

Now that i actually believe that rangers will die, i am looking for a more substantial reminder of the day jelly & ice cream is great on the day but i want something more permanent.

So I am thinking about planting a tree in my garden so in years to come i can look out my window, sit in the garden and have a warm glow in the memory of that/this day.

Just need to get two things sorted is today the day or will there be a judge in the future sitting down putting a black handkerchief on his head and smashing a gavel down saying

"Bang Bang yr died."

and what type of tree to get i am thinking of a bay tree so i can add a leaf or two to the sauce whenever i have succulent lamb.

oh and :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

alex thomson@alextomo HMRC confirm new Rangers will not be liable for Big Tax Case if taxman wins - but company in administration (present RFC) is liable.

Here we go. It's obvious who the one's laughing last will be.

To be fair, a first year law student could have answered that one and anyone in this thread who didn't know that already really needs to read more and post less.

That seems like one of the more unlikely scenarios. It's one thing the SPL clubs voting to keep Rangers in the league, but it's an entirely different prospect for them to decide to play for a year without Rangers, play out a season with either 3 or 4 games fewer, and still have the risk of relegation from an 11 team league.

Think you've misunderstood. Suspect the original poster was suggesting that the SPL would still technically have 12 teams, but that all Rangers' fixtures would be forfeited 3-0 under the suspension, hence relegation.

The big administration/liquidation thread?

Nah. Time to split the thread for the liquidation coming tomorrow, I think we've seen things develop with Minty moonbeams, the stand up guy, Haudit & Daudit, the cockwomble et al and it's time for a new thrust for the Liquidation & Newco.

No need for a monster thread on both angles and locking and creating the new thread leaves the administration stuff as a record and future reference ( yes it is that good)

Sort it out Div!

So Motherwell are saying yes, who are the other 7, the more I look at it, the more I can't see a Newco being allowed back in, there are simply too many teams making noises about not allowing it.

Yep, making noises. It's what the fans want to hear and these season tickets wont sell themselves. It's not the vote though.

Think you've misunderstood. Suspect the original poster was suggesting that the SPL would still technically have 12 teams, but that all Rangers' fixtures would be forfeited 3-0 under the suspension, hence relegation.

I don't think I have.

I'm sure he's suggesting that the SPL would play with 11 teams, the 11th placed side would be relegated, and Rangers would re-enter the SPL the following season.

alex thomson@alextomoHMRC confirm new Rangers will not be liable for Big Tax Case if taxman wins - but company in administration (present RFC) is liable.

Here we go. It's obvious who the one's laughing last will be.

Right, it's moved on. I know they will lose the BTC but that's not an issue any more with the newco. Murray will be pursued by HMRC for the £75m or so.

All Rangers have to do now is convince the SPL to admit a newco, and that their EBT scheme wasn't rotten to the core.

And avoid suspension by the SFA.

No chance. Can doubters not see how this is going to end? They've had it. Too many bullets being aimed at them. Can't dodge them all.

1339517365[/url]' post='6327743']

Have to admit, I wasn't.

Was merely speculating at the potential rank closing all round the game to endure they would still be around.

Nearly everyone in Scotland knows that the SPL should vote no for the simple reason that Rangers have screwed everyone over for 10+ years.

Nearly everyone in Scotland knows that the SPL will vote yes for the sake of a few million pounds.

One thing that came to mind was that a lot of the players Celtic attract come for the annual European catastrophe until Lennon and to play Rangers (Scott Brown has said that he came for the Rangers matches). So will Celtic be able to attract the same level of players if there is no OF derbies every season? Cant see big championship players and foreigners being enticed by trips to Hearts, Aberdeen and Motherwell. Therefore to save their own skin Celtic will vote yes regardless of what crimes Rangers have committed, meaning that only 2 more clubs need to be crapping themselves about finances. The way a few clubs are heavily relient on the tv money the OF do attract the additional votes will be found, albeit, if they have any braincells whatsoever, with terms heavily in their favour such as greater split in money and a change in the voting structure.