Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Celtic will not vote no

Given it's an 8-4 voting system then they'll probably be able to vote no to keep their knuckle dragging supporters happy. They really mean yes though and everyone knows this.

I have a terrible feeling you'll be right.

I certainly have zero confidence in the bawbag that runs my Club.

Now that it's reality and not some notional vote which they hoped would never happen, the chairmen/CEs are under a lot of pressure. That's only going to ramp up in the coming weeks.

Why are so many people so bothered if Rangers do or don't romp through the lower leagues anyway?

All I have ever wanted in this mess is for Rangers to be treated as every other club in Scotland would have been. This means a new time actually being made to re-apply to the SFL from the bottom. If Rangers are back in the SPL after 3 years of moving up the leagues doesn't really matter to me to be honest. At least I will feel that Scottish football has actually stood up and acted in a fair and decent manner for once without pandering to one or two teams.

Edited by ArmadaleKillie

What makes the timing of this all the sweeter is that this morning in Hamilton I was driving behind a guy who had two union jacks flying from the driver and front passenger windows. This was before the news broke. I hope the tosser is having an awful day.

Well, to be fair there's little choice as long as the club still exists, which as of this moment it does. The formal process of liquidation won't be completed for a while yet, and the league has to let the other clubs know their fixtures. If Rangers don't get admitted, the names of Dundee or Dunfermline simply get stuck over the top.

This. In an official sense things won't be resolved until long after the fixtures have to be out.

It wouldn't be at all surprising, however, if Rangers fixtures have been arranged in such a way that they clash with Dundee Utd's as little as possible. That would be "future-proofing" for any scenario in which they ascended.

Any chance BDO will as liquidators be able to overturn the 5.5 mill sale to Green?

It seems slighty wrong that ibrox doesnt get turned into a massive Lidl or Poundland or better yet the gypo's can move in

Edited by dougie247

Why are so many people so bothered if Rangers do or don't romp through the lower leagues anyway?

All I have ever wanted in this mess is for Rangers to be treated as every other club in Scotland would have been. This means a new time actually being made to re-apply to the SFL from the bottom. If Rangers are back in the SPL after 3 years of moving up the leagues doesn't really matter to me to be honest. At least I will feel that Scottish football has actually stood up and acted in a fair and decent manner for once without pandering to one or two teams.

I'm bothered. Keep Rangers the f**k away from the SFL. Get them punted out the senior game altogether.

What a great day!

It'll be interesting to see what impact liquidation has on the SPL/SFA decisions. A Scottish Cup ban was scandalous before liquidation was a cert and as such they were still an SPL club with a chance of a bigger tie/ better chance of progression. If they are not allowed back in the SPL by the other clubs, a Scottish Cup ban would be completely unacceptable and the SFA would realise that (I hope).

Because they WILL still exist at the time the vote is taken.

bizarre if true. Its a bit like the accused in a theft trial being invited to attend sit as a juror at the same time

Edited by calcutta

Does the TUPE rules not state that the same conditions would have to be in place for a certain period of time and would the allow any Newco from selling those players.

At it's lowest level TUPE says that you transfer to the new employer on exactly the same terms as previously and with the same continuity of employment. You get to opt out if you want and therefore you would just walk away with nothing due to or by.

I can't see why a player would agree to transfer (and thereby bind himself into a contract) if he wanted to leave. Let's say Everton want to pay £2m for Steven Naismith: why would he agree to transfer and allow himself to be sold subsequently when he could simply walk away and accept the £2m as a signing on payment (not that Everton would necessarily pay that but you get the gist of the dynamic).

So Rangers only need three other Clubs to vote them back in?

If it turns out Aberdeen were to vote in such a way, I seriously think I would turn my back on them forever.

And even though it's been really shit these past few years, that would still be a very painful thing to do :(

Quite frankly it shouldn't matter if Rangers can vote or not.

I initially thought Celtic would let them in, now I'm not so sure. They'd know any hit they had to take would only be three years, they'd keep their fans on board and are guaranteed cracks at the Champions League each season.

Motherwell haven't said either way yet but statements made so far hint at no.

Dundee United are also hinting no while Inverness and St Mirren seemed very hostile to Rangers going to the CofS.

That's the five votes needed there to stop Rangers getting in already.

Beyond that, the Hibs guy seemed far from convinced and Mad Vlad is a complete unknown - you can imagine he'd take great delight in shafting one of the Glasgow teams. Aberdeen fans would surely go mental if their board voted yes. Who does that leave, Killie and St Johnstone? They've made mixed noises and previously hinted at commercial benefit considerations but regardless of what way they fall, I suspect we'll find the five from somewhere.

So Rangers only need three other Clubs to vote them back in?

If it turns out Aberdeen were to vote in such a way, I seriously think I would turn my back on them forever.

And even though it's been really shit these past few years, that would still be a very painful thing to do :(

Seven other clubs.

Quite frankly it shouldn't matter if Rangers can vote or not.

I initially thought Celtic would let them in, now I'm not so sure. They'd know any hit they had to take would only be three years, they'd keep their fans on board and are guaranteed cracks at the Champions League each season.

Motherwell haven't said either way yet but statements made so far hint at no.

Dundee United are also hinting no while Inverness and St Mirren seemed very hostile to Rangers going to the CofS.

That's the five votes needed there to stop Rangers getting in already.

Beyond that, the Hibs guy seemed far from convinced and Mad Vlad is a complete unknown - you can imagine he'd take great delight in shafting one of the Glasgow teams. Aberdeen fans would surely go mental if their board voted yes. Who does that leave, Killie and St Johnstone? They've made mixed noises and previously hinted at commercial benefit considerations but regardless of what way they fall, I suspect we'll find the five from somewhere.

I think Saints will vote yes, but for heavy sanctions to be placed on them. Not good enough in my eyes, but Steve did come out after the CoS case and said that. I doubt his views will have changed much since then.

Voting yes would make us very hypocritical - we have absolutely slated Motherwell, Dundee and Gretna for years for their financial faux pas.