Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

This is from HMRC Twitter...

HM Revenue & Customs ‏@HMRCgovuk

#Rangers liquidation gives best chance to protect taxpayers and allows sale of club to a new company, ensuring football continues at Ibrox.

Why are they ensuring that football continues at Ibrox? Have they done a deal or is it just a smokescreen?

We're not talking about hair colour FFS. Of course you can choose your team. You can sure as hell choose not to go back once you realise what a vile bunch of bigots your fellow fans are.

Yeah, but the point I think he's making is that if Arbroath introduced a non-Catholic signing policy (I presume they don't have one in place!), sold shirts on the basis of William of Orange, and made the players wear special "Kate and William" wedding day shirts, then the fans took to singing bigoted chants, caused crowd trouble in almost every European city they visit, got you banned from supporting your team when they play away from home...etc... eventually you'd think it wasn't worth your time and you'd either watch somebody else - however apathetically - or you'd stop watching football.

My family are from Govan and I lived in Govan for a while as a wee kid but spending the whole of a Scottish Cup Final listening to 'Glory glory, what a hell of a way to die, tae die a ******...' did it for me.

I still have my Colin Stein number 9 shirt and my picture of the 72/73 team, but I couldn't bring myself to support Rangers any more. I have tried, by chance I was in Marseille in 92 but at the Velodrome and around Marseille for the Champions League match all I heard was anti-catholic - Feck the Pope type nonsense and the vitriol I have read on boards and twitter in the last few months has simply hardened my will.

I now support a wee team from the town I moved to, but my real allegiance is with Scotland.

Can somebody please explain how Green can buy Rangers for £5.5 million? It sounds like a done deal.

Surely selling players, Ibrox, land, fixtures and fittings will bring at the very least double this to pay off creditors.

That's not funny...HMRC phoning today to tell the wife they have over paid her Tax Credits and wont the money back. Now even i laughed at that. I am in the bad books for asking the girl on the phone if she was taking the piss.

This has to be a wind up

That is priceless No.8

On to another coincidence, my old man's a Rangers fan, and it's his birthday today. Can't wait to call him later on. laugh.gif

Also in Green's statement:-

"Also, I do not believe that by opting to vote against the CVA proposal, HMRC will generate more cash by pursuing those they believe as responsible - but that is a matter for them.

"I am particularly saddened by the fact that this decision will mean that small shareholders will lose their shares in The Rangers Football Club plc, something which we were trying to avoid happening."

It's worth reading in full the statement. Rings of something pre-prepared to me..

Of course it was pre-prepared - it was probably written at the same time as the CVA was drawn up as he knew that there was no way it would be approved.

Fantastic stuff, although could have done without it this week with lots at work and stuff to sort out every night. Can see me having 200 pages of this thread to catch up with by the weekend.

Funny how the £5.5million Green has agreed to pay Duff and Phelps is almost exactly what the administrators are owed.

I have honestly never met a "decent" Rangers fan. I can only base my opinions off that... and the 140 of bigotry, triumphalism and cheating, but you'r right I'm just being a typical diddy.

There are several on this site, and in this thread. Those guys don't deserve the charlatans that have killed their club, and now are plundering the riches. The fat guy outside the Big Hoose who got beaten up by a police dog deserves every second of pain, granted.