Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I think there will be a Rangers and once that Rangers have paid for their misdemeanors (sp?) they will be entitled to continue to play and to work their way back up the divisions. That doesn't mean we will need to like them, their probable bigotry and arogance will ensure we don't.

I do not think Rangers will be in the SPL next season.

On a wider note I think Green is an asset stripper. He's probably delighted that the CVA is going to be rejected. However I think Haudit & Daudit will not be allowed to sell him the physical assets. I said a couple of days ago there will be at least one legal challenge to this.

Arrogance like screaming GIRFUY to all non Rangers supporters if the CVA went through you mean?

Another lieing b*****d gets his hands on the club. According to him he was doing all he could to get the CVA through...Then with the next breath he says if it doesn't go through then we are £3 million better off.

Just f**k Off ya p***k!!!!!!!!

I fucking give up with the lot of this. It's just not worth the heartache and worry.

lolrangers.giflolrangers.giflolrangers.giflolrangers.giflolrangers.giflolrangers.giflolrangers.gif

Also in Green's statement:-

"Also, I do not believe that by opting to vote against the CVA proposal, HMRC will generate more cash by pursuing those they believe as responsible - but that is a matter for them.

"I am particularly saddened by the fact that this decision will mean that small shareholders will lose their shares in The Rangers Football Club plc, something which we were trying to avoid happening."

It's worth reading in full the statement. Rings of something pre-prepared to me..

It's not about pursuing p in the £.

It's about stopping insolvent companies from trading.

I liked Rangers when I was a young lad, as my Dad and Grandad both supported them (my Dad not so much now). As soon as I was old enough to understand a bit about them I decided not to have anything further to do with them.

Bottom line is, you can't fault a kid for choosing his Dad's team. An adult who understands the history of the club and continues to support them has no excuse.

thumbup2.gif

Did you choose to support your team? Make an informed decision? Weigh up the pro and cons?

As a 6 year old, no, of course you don't.

As an adult in their 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, etc.. you can make a choice of whether you want to continue giving your support and money to an instituion that uses sectarianism as (at best) a tacit part of their appeal. You are an adult, you can change your mind.

I'm guessing most of us with kids have friends who don't take their kids to Rangers or Celtic although they used to go themselves as they are basically decent folk who don't want to expose their children to that.

I've a good mate in Glasgow who was a Celtic season ticket holder. He brought up this point a few months back saying if his kids are interested in football then the family are off to see Partick. In my mind, those are the choices respectable adults make for themselves and their children, and conversely those who understand what Celtic and Rangers are both doing to keep sectarianism alive in the country but still choose to support them have should beashamed of that.

Still in fits of laughter, pricing my season ticket now! My 11 seasons in a row at Pittodrie may continue yet! 8)

So if you were a Rangers supporter, and had been from childhood, could you imagine changing your mind and choosing to not support Rangers? My argument, and I noticed the posts from Gaz and SH on this, is that the emotional attachment to the club is greater for many than being able to take an easy choice. I know a couple of people who stopped going to Ibrox because they didn't like the bigotry (one only choosing to go back for the first time in years last year), but they still identified as Rangers supporters. My brother got into Rangers because they were the first team he heard about in school. Even as an adult, he didn't make a cold choice, weigh up the pros and cons, and decide not to support Rangers. His views were too entrenched and the emotional attachment was too strong for that.

My point is that many fans don't "choose" to support the OF, and couldn't imagine supporting anyone else.

Bollocks, it's because deep down they like singing the songs and share the views. Simple as that.

@HMRCgovuk: #Rangers liquidation gives best chance to protect taxpayers and allows sale of club to a new company, ensuring football continues at Ibrox.

@HMRCgovuk: Liquidation allows potential investigation and claims against those responsible for company's recent finances #Rangers

@HMRCgovuk: CVA would restrict action against those responsible for company's recent finances #Rangers

Edited by chico