Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I'm not a timaloy but believe LIEwell would vote no cos counting on others to allow Govan FC in. Easy appeasement to the fans. How will Ross County vote? hahahaha - it's an automatic

Does that make you feel proud and bulliant?!

Well, let's look at it this way. You can't miss what you never had. Ross County wouldn't miss anything from not having Rangers in the SPL. Inverness would. But then, with the way our relative squads look at the moment, a newco filled with spotty teenagers would help our chances of staying up. The teams who will be near the bottom are in a tricky position.

Serious question: could Rangers actually survive a 12 month suspension? Punt most of the staff and just have running costs on ibrox. If they couldnt survive, I really can't see this being the punishment much as I'd like to see it

Well, let's look at it this way. You can't miss what you never had. Ross County wouldn't miss anything from not having Rangers in the SPL. Inverness would. But then, with the way our relative squads look at the moment, a newco filled with spotty teenagers would help our chances of staying up. The teams who will be near the bottom are in a tricky position.

Some of what we will miss from Rangers will be offset by having you lot in the SPL, granted not everything but it's a real money boost for the club, as much as it pains me to say ;)

Hope the SFA tell them to FO!! After bringing the game into disrepute by taking them to court they now want to cut a deal with the SFA amounting to a Scottish Cup ban and a 6 month transfer embargo. You couldnt make it up!

http://www.dailyreco...86908-23882820/

Green is believed to be furious with Ibrox administrators Duff & Phelps for launching the Court of Session case against the SFA that unleashed the full fury of FIFA on both the club and the national association.

Green hasnt exactly been shy coming out to discuss Rangers these days, why didnt he say anything at the time, or to D&P before it went to court? :huh:

Edited by Enrico Annoni

Serious question: could Rangers actually survive a 12 month suspension? Punt most of the staff and just have running costs on ibrox. If they couldnt survive, I really can't see this being the punishment much as I'd like to see it

You just can't make a special case of them, that's the thing - and it's the big fear that they'll get off lightly again.

If any of the diddies acted this way they'd be out already. Anyway what about the millions they have for a warchest? I'm sure that'll last them a year easily. :lol:

Rangers' administrators Duff & Phelps claim they have enough money to cover the players' return to full wages.

The club's Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA), issued on Tuesday, estimated a summer shortfall of £3m as creditors assess the proposal.

"The funding is in place for the club to operate normally until the sale is complete, which should be in July," said a Duff & Phelps spokesman.

Someone needs to explain how Haudit and Daudit can make the above statements when they should surely be using any funds they hold to add to the CVA pot.

Haven't they said already that money from player sales will not be going to creditors? So basically keeping this inflated payroll has had no benefit to the creditors, other than to look more appealing to prospective buyers. Not sure that has worked.

I'm surprised HMRC haven't lost their patience, having initially objected to D & P being appointed. From now on Rangers will be burning up cash quicker than they were before administration now that full wages have returned and D&P's massive fee is lumped in as well. If this is administration you have to wonder what is the point?

Ah sorry - I'm mibbes wrong, the general consensus seemed to be that RC were getting themselves in a bit of debt so looking forwards to OF income. I just believed that without knowing much aboots yer Club. Has your Chairman made any public statements about the mighty Gers?

In your heart do you believe your chairman would vote no? If not then it's a bit rich slagging off the Seltik posters on here.

Edited by Claymores

An admission of guilt followed by an acceptance of punishment would stand the club in far better stead than the arrogance of those who say that they should not be punished for the good of the game in Scotland.

The club have admitted guilt. I think there is little or no defence of the their actions since Whyte took over. He was an embarrassment to the club and Scottish Football in general.

I have not read or heard anybody from the club say they should not be punished for the actions of Whyte and the inaction of others.

Every morning now we see more nonsense in the press..The Daily Record( not the most reliable) suggesting Charles Green was furious at D&P taking the SFA to the CoS. Really Charles? Why didn't you get in contact and force them to stop the action? Why didn't you tell McCoist to stop speaking out against the Embargo? He claims his bid is reliant on Rangers being in the SPL and all domestic competition. Well would he now accept a Cup ban? I would think the transfer embargo is far more damaging than a 2 year Cup ban!!

Rangers supporters have been let down by owners in the past who have lied to us and ran the club with almost criminal negligence. I am not expecting much from the new owners..I am not expecting any extravagant spending on fees or wages...I am not expecting them to hold on to all or even any of our top earners and fully expect a few years re-building to get the club back to something that resembles the club we know. What i expect above all else from the new owners is honesty and transparency. It has not been a great start by Green and i am far from convinced. He is sending out the season ticket renewals sometime next week. At the moment i am in 2 minds whether i will re-new..I am not going to line the pockets of another shyster...i have absolutely no problem with his consortium (if it even exists) making a profit but not at the expense of the club.

Whatever punishment the SFA decide to hand out next week we will have to just suck it up and move on...With or without Green. If he was to walk away now there very well might be no Rangers at all or even worse than that a Rangers headed up by TBKs and Mark Dingwall :rolleyes:

Finally what Green has to remember above all else is the Support are The Club and i cant speak for anyone else but i am sick of reading about 1 scandal after another. It has to stop NOW!!! This drip drip drip affect will finally kill our club if action is not taken.

Haven't they said already that money from player sales will not be going to creditors? So basically keeping this inflated payroll has had no benefit to the creditors, other than to look more appealing to prospective buyers. Not sure that has worked.

I'm surprised HMRC haven't lost their patience, having initially objected to D & P being appointed. From now on Rangers will be burning up cash quicker than they were before administration now that full wages have returned and D&P's massive fee is lumped in as well. If this is administration you have to wonder what is the point?

The only interests H & D are working for is themselves. As they are CW's chosen men, I suspect that he will benefit too. His track record is short term involvement and big profits.

The whole shambolic saga of this administration should be investigated. This novel idea of a CVA without a confirmed figure is just one example. Why would any creditor go for that? Or is the aim of H & D to liquidate the club and ensure this happens by proposing this impossible to achieve CVA?

No club could - who apart from Linfield want want endless repeated friendlies against a shamed club who's national Association had punted them oot?!

Glentoran, Crusaders, Portadown, Glenavon, Ballymena, Coleraine....? :) The suspension thing would be a dangerous precedent for other clubs with dodgy finances so I seriously doubt the SFA will go there willingly but with some serious arm twisting from FIFA it's difficult to predict how this will all unfold now, which may explain why Green is reported to be keen to do a deal with the SFA:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2012/06/02/rangers-in-crisis-ibrox-club-set-to-cut-deal-with-sfa-to-stop-scottish-football-from-sliding-into-abyss-86908-23882820/

It is ridiculous if the SFA are involved with any form of negotiation with Rangers. Lest we forget, the bigots have previously put forward their case and their defence and have been found guilty. End of story. Their involvement in this process has therefore ended. The only redress is to punish them and the courts have shown that the only suitable punishment open to the SFA is suspension.

Any suggestion that the SFA are prepared to speak to them shows the weakness of the SFA and Scottish football. Anything less than suspending Rangers is the SFA's equivalent of the SPL letting the Newco in.

Some of what we will miss from Rangers will be offset by having you lot in the SPL, granted not everything but it's a real money boost for the club, as much as it pains me to say ;)

But you could have the County derbies AND Rangers money if we were to survive.

I have not read or heard anybody from the club say they should not be punished for the actions of Whyte and the inaction of others.

isn't Sandy Jardine still employed by you scumbag Club?

He publicly said the mighty Gers shouldn't be punished.

Edited by Claymores

Ah sorry - I'm mibbes wrong, the general consensus seemed to be that RC were getting themselves in a bit of debt so looking forwards to OF income. I just believed that without knowing much aboots yer Club. Has your Chairman made any public statements about the mighty Gers?

In your heart do you believe your chairman would vote no? If not then it's a bit rich slagging off the Seltik posters on here.

I think there's every chance County vote no. We have no reason to think one way or the other, except to say MacGregor is quite likely to ask Dunfermline how they would have voted before lodging his own vote, and Dunfermline had firmly put their foot in the no camp. I think it might be one of the reasons we haven't signed any new players yet. Frankly, I think there's more chance of County voting No than Celtic, but I seem to be in a minority there so I;'ll shut my gob.

My problem is not with the Celtic fans as such - there seem to be a lot more decent ones than there used to be on here - but it's with fans who call for a boycott of diddy clubs who vote yes, whilst at the same time tacitly accepting the idea that Celtic might also vote yes. I'm convinced Celtic will vote yes. Absolutely certain of it, and I think as long as Celtic win the league their fans will be happy to forget any action by Lawwell.

If Green is serious about running a sustainable Rangers then he can prove it by using 2012/13 to sort the mess out, deal with all the court cases and other matters.

I think the youth players should get to play in their tournaments but not the the first team if such a suspension were to come in, gives a chance to bring on younger players.

If no transfer embargo rangers could loan out the first team players that want to return to the club once the suspension is over.

I always have a laugh when I pass a Rangers fan, complete with full strip, in Tesco. He obviously doesn't know they are suppose to be boycotting them.

A Rangers-supporting mate of mine posted his winning coupon just after the Scottish Cup Final.

I asked why he used WIlliam Hill and weren't they to be avoided?

"They were the best odds I could find". huh.gif Tragic. They can't even boycott properly.

LOL - I'll pray I win the National Lottery tonight

whereabouts - church or chapel - I think we, and especially Sally, need to know in the interest of transparency, or does the start of your post tell us all we need to know ?

;)

If suspension is effectively a death sentence for a club, why bother having it as well as expulsion as a punishment? It's like having a scale of penalties for a crime going from a fine to 6 months in jail, death penalty, death penalty.

He actually said we should be punished to act as deterrent to others. His argument was over the severity of the punishment and the legality of it.

And Gordon Smith, only recently jettisoned from his position as Director of f**k All, came out with the classic, "these are people who have done these things". Controversial, Craig Whyte is a person.