Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Hope the SFA tell them to FO!! After bringing the game into disrepute by taking them to court they now want to cut a deal with the SFA amounting to a Scottish Cup ban and a 6 month transfer embargo. You couldnt make it up!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2012/06/02/rangers-in-crisis-ibrox-club-set-to-cut-deal-with-sfa-to-stop-scottish-football-from-sliding-into-abyss-86908-23882820/

Does that mean that Rangers are requesting a punishment that isn't in the rulebook, a week after taking the SFA to court (and getting them into trouble with FIFA) for giving them a punishment that wasn't in the rulebook?

Yeah, good luck with that :lol:

Hope the SFA tell them to FO!! After bringing the game into disrepute by taking them to court they now want to cut a deal with the SFA amounting to a Scottish Cup ban and a 6 month transfer embargo. You couldnt make it up!

http://www.dailyreco...86908-23882820/

What are Rainjurz setting their own punishments as well now? Get these cnuts tae f**k!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2012/06/02/rangers-in-crisis-ibrox-club-set-to-cut-deal-with-sfa-to-stop-scottish-football-from-sliding-into-abyss-86908-23882820/

They're still no getting it are they?

When you read that piece it says they are willing to take a 6 month transfer ban and expulsion from the Scottish Cup for one year - is that still not a lesser punishment than the original 1 year transfer embargo? If anything they should be saying "we will take the original ban, and you can add on the cup punishment as a wee extra for our cheek in taking you to court"

Seems to me they are still trying to dictate their punishment to the SFA.

I'm sure someone on here pointed out that the SFA were now unable 'legally' to use the transfer embargo at all as it would leave them open to court action in future.

I might be getting whooshed by the rulebook, but here goes!

Surely if Rangers SFA membership is suspended, they can't play in the SPL or SFL, or the Scottish Cup.

Without a pyramid system in place, there is no way for them to re-enter the leagues, other than another team dropping out and them winning the application process, which isn't guaranteed (although we all know it probably is!)

So suspension would lead to either a pyramid system with Rangers re-entering right at the bottom, or the destruction of Rangers.

I'd be happy with either outcome, although option 2 is still preferable!

Does that mean that Rangers are requesting a punishment that isn't in the rulebook, a week after taking the SFA to court (and getting them into trouble with FIFA) for giving them a punishment that wasn't in the rulebook?

Yeah, good luck with that :lol:

Superb. FIFA will DEFINITELY be OK with that.

I look forward to redundancies in the DR sport reporting team when this fiasco is over.

I might be getting whooshed by the rulebook, but here goes!

Surely if Rangers SFA membership is suspended, they can't play in the SPL or SFL, or the Scottish Cup.

Without a pyramid system in place, there is no way for them to re-enter the leagues, other than another team dropping out and them winning the application process, which isn't guaranteed (although we all know it probably is!)

So suspension would lead to either a pyramid system with Rangers re-entering right at the bottom, or the destruction of Rangers.

I'd be happy with either outcome, although option 2 is still preferable!

I think suspension means that they forfeit each of their games during that period with automatic 3-0 losses. Obviously if they were suspended for a season they would become the team relegated to SFL 1

In the Record today (so its to be taken with a sizeable pinch of salt) it seems I'd suspended they would retain their membership in the SPL but teams who are due to play against them would automatically be awarded 3 points. it says this would cause problems as it would be unfair to teams who have to play them after their suspension ends, seem only to be talking about a small term of suspension, but everyone else seems to hope for minimum of 1 year. - which using the above would mean RFC automatically relegated to 1st next year as they'd be finishing on nil points.

Edit:B.Dog beat me to it, and put it simpler too!

Edited by Gaspode

Can anyone throw some light on this link http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2012/06/02/rangers-in-crisis-freddy-shepherd-ready-to-plough-cash-into-ibrox-club-if-tax-debt-is-wiped-out-86908-23882975/

Is the taxman really in the business of writing off debt? It's a Daily Record exclusive so it must be true.

Aye FIFA will love that!

For me, it had to be the one year suspension from all first team football with a long term cup ban for the current charges.

I dunno if the SFA get involved once the SPL finish investigations on the dual contacts?

Can anyone throw some light on this link http://www.dailyreco...86908-23882975/

Is the taxman really in the business of writing off debt? It's a Daily Record exclusive so it must be true.

That sounds a great deal.

If all DUFC's creditors write off their debts, I'll invest money I don't have at Tannadice too!

Oh, and cheers to all the guys who explained "suspension" - although that suggests bottom six teams will get 4 wins against Rangers. And Motherwell might actually beat them for once!

I look forward to the Sky coverage of the 3 Old Firm walkovers :lol:

Oh gosh - I think I'm gonna get my head kicked-in or house torched.............each time I see a pieman at Sainsburys or so wearing his XXXL Ranjurs top I burst out laughing. It got worse yesterday when I saw an Orc wearing the new jersey at the shopping mall and my gf just turned to me and said "zip-it"

Im a coward, I say nothing, but I immediately put on a big smiling face as I walk by :D

It's magic. I feel great supporting my wee diddy team with honesty and integrity, rather than being the fan of the dirty cheating bigoted 'institution'.

That sounds a great deal.

If all DUFC's creditors write off their debts, I'll invest money I don't have at Tannadice too!

Oh, and cheers to all the guys who explained "suspension" - although that suggests bottom six teams will get 4 wins against Rangers. And Motherwell might actually beat them for once!

I look forward to the Sky coverage of the 3 Old Firm walkovers :lol:

Dont talk pish, we would still manage to somehow make it at least 3-3

Out of sheer interest (and nosiness) , have you renewed yet? Ie, does the current/currant *delete as appropriate* situation make any difference to you and renewal?

I have had my form in, but it's an automatic renewal that we cancel if we dont want it.

I could still cancel my direct debit, money doesn't come off until 22nd.

I honestly dont know what to do. I enjoy my footie & on a Saturday when we don't have a game, i still find a match to go to, at Dumbarton, Pollok, or like today, a juvenile cup final. Anywhere i fancy.

But i want to watch my own team & this whole charade leaves a bad taste.

My brothers and my dad are ordinary decent fans, not bigots, but they support Rangers. My eldest brother is disgusted by the actions of his club and will not be back, my other brother might be the same. Can we afford to lose good footy fans in this country?

I dont believe we can.

That doesn't mean i won't be happy to see tax frauds & sporting cheats brought to book & hopefully buried.

Can anyone throw some light on this link http://www.dailyreco...86908-23882975/

so confused, they went to court to say transfer imargo is illeagal and won

but not heard if its been lifted yet.

then they say you can hit us with a 6 month transfer imbargo while still being illeagal they would accept.

now if some of the investors ran away from a 12 month imbargo will they come back if its only a 6 month imbargo.

i don't think even stephen hawking would make sense of this

this has more twists than a big bag of twisty things.

Im a coward, I say nothing, but I immediately put on a big smiling face as I walk by :D

It's magic. I feel great supporting my wee diddy team with honesty and integrity, rather than being the fan of the dirty cheating bigoted 'institution'.

I know what you mean. I've had to bite my tongue a few times while walking up Ayr High Street. I can't help feeling smug superiority but I say nothing because I'd rather remain acquainted with my teeth.

The Record's standard line which means everything in this article is 100% shit-

"

A source close to the controversial Geordie"

The lack of substance to the Daily Record's reporting is scandalous. The sports editor clearly isn't big on "provable sources".

so confused, they went to court to say transfer imargo is illeagal and won

but not heard if its been lifted yet.

then they say you can hit us with a 6 month transfer imbargo while still being illeagal they would accept.

now if some of the investors ran away from a 12 month imbargo will they come back if its only a 6 month imbargo.

i don't think even stephen hawking would make sense of this

this has more twists than a big bag of twisty things.

I wonder if the daily retards understand the difference between reporting the news and feeding the news to their readership.

Between New Labour and the Old Firm feeding the DR what they've to print, I doubt many on that paper have a clue as to how to ask a question.