Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

We should have a list of people in here that actually know what they're talking about so we can move straight to their posts and discount those who are speculating, bringing emotion into the process and those who claim to have an "understanding" but probably don't.

:lol:

Immediately taking 1500 pages down to about 12!

According to the balance sheet posted by Welsh Bairn on page 1331 D&P are due £3M... only 6 times more than the £500,000. Other necessary legal and profession fees push up the total admin costs.

So it seems the BBC are wrong.

The BBC actually say: "Duff and Phelps' fees and charges now stand at more than £5.5m."

Paul Clark's statement "The BBC has also got its figures wrong when stating our fees are now more than 10 times this amount" is total bollocks disingenuous in the extreme. He either hasn't read the BBC article correctly, or he's blowing smoke.

We should have a list of people in here that actually know what they're talking about so we can move straight to their posts and discount those who are speculating, bringing emotion into the process and those who claim to have an "understanding" but probably don't.

:lol:

Immediately taking 1500 pages down to about 12!

You can definitely ignore any contributions made by Ric

You couldn't make this up! Now we have Charles Green in the back page of the Sun saying the SFA along with the Gers need to sit down and have peace talks. Now that they realise the consequences of their actions, they're trying to throw out an olive branch. If the SFA have any balls, they should be telling Green to feck off, and we'll see you back at the tribuneral. Bring some nappies with you, cos you'll need them. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Also according to the Sun today, Rangers were prepared to take the SFA to the European Court if the Court of Session hadn't ruled in their favour on the transfer embargo.

Sunsport understands club lawyers were already plotting an appeal to the European Commission in Brussels.

That option still hasn't been discounted by the Ibrox outfit's legal team if the SFA appeal the court's decision and their 12 month transfer ban is reinstated.

A Gers insider said: "It was something which had been discussed before the the Court of Session case.

There was a real belief the SFA's positio was untenable in terms of European employment law"

I hope this is not why Green is pleading for a meeting with the SFA. ANOTHER CHALLENGE OUTSIDE THE REMIT OF FOOTBALL AUTHORITIES

PUT THE CHEATING B*****DS DOWN NOW

Edited by Bairnsfan

Now would this be "A List" and not "The List". I'm not sure we are allowed to on this forum, I'm sure Rangersmedia has all rights to any "Lists" that concern this whole matter. I may be wrong though :unsure:

is it not possible that D&P's fees are less than £10 million and money is owed to other parties such as QCs?

"Remedial classes" indeed.

Your £10m figure has been plucked out of mid air for no apparent reason.

The BBC article stated that D&P had agreed to limit their fees at £500k, but that they had ended up being due £5.5m. D&P denied that they had been paid "over 10 times" the original amount, despite the £5.5m being included in the CVA (according to those on here who have looked at it).

According to the balance sheet posted by Welsh Bairn on page 1331 D&P are due £3M... only 6 times more than the £500,000. Other necessary legal and profession fees push up the total admin costs.

cheers.

it's pretty obvious that would be the case but it's obviously too complex for the remedial mob.

I've thought up a fun new game.

Six degrees of separation (from the pernicious influence of the Holy Roman Catholic Church).

Think of your favourite blue-nose, then try and link them in as few steps as possible to the Celtic cause, then forward to RangersMedia / Leggoland / D+P for scrutiny.

I'll start with Ally McCoist...

1. Ally McCoist was a panellist on the popular BBC quiz-show, "A Question of Sport".
  2. Sue Barker is the presenter of the show
  3. Sue Barker used to be in a relationship with Cliff Richard
  4. Cliff Richard's property manager is John McElynn, a former Catholic Priest.

Ergo, Ally McCoist is dirty papist / tarrier / Catholic apologist.

i cant think of any but if someone could link new fans favourite Salim Kerkar that would be hard mode i think

Yes - but on the page showing the costs for various outcomes CVA has admin total at £5.5million - I assume the BBC are using these figues (ie: the total bill, rather than the bill so far).

I believe the tide has started to turn, the SPL chairmen voted in exactly the way we wanted over the FFP rules, I hope that everyone who wrote to their own chairman has sent in an email of support btw, we have big names coming out now and chastising Rangers heavily for their conduct over the court ruling even Gordon Smith is slating them, telling them they have gotten off lightly up to the point where they pushed their weight too far. The second to heid honcho at FIFA has fired a heavy warning shot across the bows of the SFA and now Green is going up to the headmaster's office like a wee worried schoolboy asking for leniency after he just kicked in the staffroom windows.

Rangers are going to get hammered, there's no two ways about it.

Their fans can never look down on us again. EVER.

"Remedial classes" indeed.

Your £10m figure has been plucked out of mid air for no apparent reason.

The BBC article stated that D&P had agreed to limit their fees at £500k, but that they had ended up being due £5.5m. D&P denied that they had been paid "over 10 times" the original amount, despite the £5.5m being included in the CVA (according to those on here who have looked at it).

the 10 was typo instead of 5. probably because i was thinking about 10 times.

d&p are owed substantially less than £5m.

Why do I think that's what going to happen

Is it not the SFA that are investigating the dual contracts, rather than the SPL? The SFA have taken a much harder line than the SPL so far...

The BBC actually say: "Duff and Phelps' fees and charges now stand at more than £5.5m."

Paul Clark's statement "The BBC has also got its figures wrong when stating our fees are now more than 10 times this amount" is total bollocks disingenuous in the extreme. He either hasn't read the BBC article correctly, or he's blowing smoke.

The BBC is being disingenuous then because they are comparing the £500K top fee proposed by Craig Whyte to total admin costs. Even if Craig Whyte's loopy plan had worked out there would still have been other professional who would needed to be paid outside of Duff and Phelps.

Duff and Phelps are due £3M, lawyers and other professionals get paid as well but that money does not go to D&P so Paul Clark is correct when he tells the BBC that costs aren't 10X the expected amount (which btw was for a very quick admin)

No no no. The BBC are never wrong. Never ever ever wrong. Ever. Ever. Always right. The BBC don't do wrong. It's just one reason they are perfect in all they do.

Well actually 7 times. You also have to taken into account the £500,000 listed under Joint Nominees' and Supervisors' Fee as if you look in the Interpretation section of the CVA you'll see Paul John Clark & David John Whitehouse of Duff & Phelps as Nominee's, ditto for Supervisors. So the money owed to D&P is at least £3.5m rather than £3m.

We don't know who the other fees go to exactly, ditto the legal fees. It seems likely that confusing the Estimated Costs of Realisations with just what was directly due to D&P was lazy journalism from the BBC. Doesn't get away from the fact that £3m, or £3.5m are still significantly more than the email from D&P suggests they would take. Lets not get too obsessed with minutae.

Edited by forkboy

Well actually 7 times. You also have to taken into account the £500,000 listed under Joint Nominees' and Supervisors' Fee as if you look in the Interpretation section of the CVA you'll see Paul John Clark & David John Whitehouse of Duff & Phelps as Nominee's, ditto for Supervisors. So the money owed to D&P is at least £3.5m rather than £3m.

If the CVA doesn't get accepted then most of those fees don't occur, but regardless.

It is a simple fact.

Paul Clark is correct and the BBC are wrong, the administration fees have not increased tenfold over the £500K limit proposed by Craig Whyte.

For Cardinal Richelieu's game, adapted by Thistle_do_nicely, to Easy, Normal and Hard Mode, I nominate Jimmy Bell, the Rangers Kit Controller for HARDMODE.

He's the guy who wouldn't join in for the minute's applause for Jimmy Johnstone, and who gave David Weir a specially produced jersey to wear at the tail end of last season (May 2011) commemorating William and Kate getting married. He wouldn't set out Mo Johnston's gear as he was 'one of them' (nor would he give him chocolate bars designated for the players).

Here he pays tribute to Jinky:

2hzuxy.jpg

i cant think of any but if someone could link new fans favourite Salim Kerkar that would be hard mode i think

Naw, dead easy :

1. transferred to RFC from Calais

2. Calais is in France

3. Charlemagne was French

4. Charlemagne was given the title of "Holy Roman Emperor" BY THE POPE!!!!!

How much more tarrier do you want?