Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Ok, i cant be arsed to trawl back though 20 odd pages to see if this has been covered, so can someone answer this ?

If rangers are suspended for say, 1 season, would they have to come back in at 3rd div level or would they be allowed to waltz back into the SPL ?

Or is that just something else which no one has a scooby about ?

They would have to re apply I'd imagine, both to the SPL and the SFL. If both reject then they'll still not get in :lol:

Ok, i cant be arsed to trawl back though 20 odd pages to see if this has been covered, so can someone answer this ?

If rangers are suspended for say, 1 season, would they have to come back in at 3rd div level or would they be allowed to waltz back into the SPL ?

Or is that just something else which no one has a scooby about ?

If Rangers were suspended for one season, they'd almost certainly not come back at all. A football club playing no games has virtually no income, can't attract buyers (that means Green &co) and still has to pay wages, rent, (ahem) taxes and so on.

So, more likely, any newco would obviously have to start somewhere below the 3rd division (a club would be brought in to take the missing place while Rangers were gone).

1338458508[/url]' post='6290045']

If Rangers were suspended for one season, they'd almost certainly not come back at all. A football club playing no games has virtually no income, can't attract buyers (that means Green &co) and still has to pay wages, rent, (ahem) taxes and so on.

So, more likely, any newco would obviously have to start somewhere below the 3rd division (a club would be brought in to take the missing place while Rangers were gone).

Oh, how you raise my hopes.....

So the man who doesn't own Rangers wants to talk to the man who won't be on an independent committee determining their sanction.... to ask what exactly?

"Go easy on us... I mean them"

"It's not up to me, it's up to an independent panel"

"Who are they?"

"I can't tell you that, it's a secret"

"We demand to know in the name of transparency"

"But the rules that you, I mean they, agreed to say they should be anonymous"

"Can you not ignore the rules, we're a special case"

"That's what we did before, and you took us to court"

"But WATP"

But they are Rangers, a worldwide brand, one of the biggest teams on the planet! Surely sides like Madrid would be lining up to play friendlies with them all season long, & will pay heavily for the privelege? Rangers can become the Harlem Globetrotters of football! :lol:

But they are Rangers, a worldwide brand, one of the biggest teams on the planet! Surely sides like Madrid would be lining up to play friendlies with them all season long, & will pay heavily for the privelege? Rangers can become the Harlem Globetrotters of football! :lol:

The govan globetrotters has a ring to it. :lol:

Bad taste.dry.gif

Still laughed though :P

I always ask folk the same thing when they mention Fritzl....can you name a famous Austrian golfer? No? Didn't think so....it just goes to show you that from 1945 to this day, Austrians are rubbish at getting out of bunkers...... tongue.gif

Sorry, I'll get my coat....

I know you're taking the piss here but for the avoidance of all doubt, if suspended Rangers wouldn't be able to play another side in the UEFA family even in friendlies, from Real Madrid to Forres Mechanics.

Rangers seem to have put the tribunal in a position where they have no choice but to suspend them. Somehow I can't see it happening though, they'll wimp out.

No, that isn't a good analogy. The Harlem Globetrotters always win because games are rigged in their fav...oh. I see what you're saying.

I always ask folk the same thing when they mention Fritzl....can you name a famous Austrian golfer? No? Didn't think so....it just goes to show you that from 1945 to this day, Austrians are rubbish at getting out of bunkers...... tongue.gif

Sorry, I'll get my coat....

Markus Brier?

Taken from the Cockwomble's latest interview in the Daily Record...

“The clubs have taken responsibility. Should there be any newco application in the future, the clubs will deal with it and sanction appropriately.

“If there is a newco you have two ways of dealing with it. One is to have flexibility, the other is fixed sanctions.

“The clubs have agreed they will impose sanctions depending on the circumstance. That is their view and one I respect as it is very sensible.

“The SPL have set out 18 wide-ranging sanctions and it is up to the clubs to pick which ones to impose.”

This could be hopeful. He seems to be saying that the SPL will be able to treat any Cheating Tax Dodgers FC newco as a new case under these rules. Therefore the SPL will be able to impose any of the 18 new sanctions available to them when/if CTD FC apply as a newco.

There are two caveats though. Firstly, it's the Cockwomble, so I don't actually believe a word he says. Secondly the 18 brand new, shiny sanctions could include a hard stare and a 'gonnae no do that again pal'.

A Permanent Embarrassment And An Occasional Disgrace

30/05/2012 870 COMMENTS

156 Votes

<br style="color: rgb(85, 85, 85); font-family: Arial, Tahoma, Verdana; line-height: 20px; ">winner-badge.jpg?w=300&h=150The late, great Ian Archer wrote the famous words in the title above for an article in The Glasgow Herald in October 1976. Rangers supporters had just rioted in Birmingham following a friendly with Aston Villa. Back then, football clubs generally were shamed by the actions of fans. I doubt that Archer could ever have imagined the scale of boardroom malfeasance that now surrounds Rangers. The revelations of how the club funded its success in recent years make a mockery of our game as a fair sport. The damage done goes far beyond mere trophies. Almost every other club tried to keep pace with Rangers by throwing fortunes at often second-rate foreign players while ignoring the need to develop domestic talent.

When making claims about the damage created by Rangers previously, some accused me of exaggeration. Yet after yesterday’s events- including the court drama that overturned the club’s 12-month signing ban- few observers could avoid drawing the conclusion that Rangers are now simply a disaster for the Scottish game.

Sporting integrity has been shredded. Speaking of which- have Rangers complied with the SPL’s demands for access to the commercial documents regarding the ‘unofficial payments’ issue yet? If not- why not? There comes a point where you have to start wondering what documents were destroyed by those “Shred It” machines for which the club has not yet paid.

Scottish football creditors will get almost nothing in the proposed CVA. In the choice of paying football creditors to limit punishment from the SFA & SPL versus the certainty of HMRC refusing to sign off on the deal, Duff & Phelps have chosen to screw the clubs who sold players to Rangers the past year or so. They will never get the money they were promised. (More on the HMRC’s conditions for a CVA later).

All manner of underhand methods appear to have been a routine part of putting in a shift at the top of the marble staircase for at least a decade.

And now, just when things seemed as if they could not get much worse, Rangers have invoked the threat of mutually assured destruction for the SFA & SPL. As has been well documented elsewhere, going to court to get the SFA’s 12-month registration ban thrown-out places all of Scottish football in jeopardy. FIFA and UEFA will not take this lying down.

In all of this pandemonium, there has not been anything vaguely like an apology from the club or the individuals responsible for leading our game to the precipice. There has been nothing except snarling arrogance plus a stream of veiled threats and intimidation from people who should really know better.

Throughout this entire saga, I have not wanted Rangers expelled from Scottish football. I did not think that it was even remotely possible and I would have questioned whether it would have been in the best interests of the game. I did want an acknowledgement of what happened. I did want meaningful punishment. However, there comes a point where enough is enough.

Is the SPL such a roaring financial success that its current formula must be preserved at all costs? No. Is it possible that with the dead-weight of Rangers’ boots lifted from the Scottish game that attendances at many other clubs will rise along with their fans’ hopes of actually winning something? Absolutely.

Those who argue that Scottish football cannot succeed without Rangers have failed to quantify this fear-mongering. Yet posters on blogs like this one have demonstrated- in numerical detail- just how few additional home fans need to start attending at most clubs to wipe out the benefit of Rangers’ away support. The TV deal? It is not as if it delivers fabulous riches to any club as it stands. Clubs can trim costs (as they should) and would survive fine in the short-term. In the medium and long-run, there is every reason to believe that Scottish football would be revitalised. The last time Rangers were in “crisis”, Scottish football thrived- with Aberdeen and Dundee United regularly sharing the spoils, financial as well as sporting, with Celtic during the early and mid-1980s.

There comes a time when Scottish football must act to prevent further damage. In doing so, it has a chance of making the stain of embarrassment less permanent. Of the options available, a one year ban from all competitions would seem to be a starting point for considering apt punishment. The next penalty down the list of official sanctions- exclusion from the Scottish Cup- would be far too lenient for a club that appears to have completed the entire 2011/12 season without paying any PAYE or NIC. Other clubs had to cut costs and make tough decisions to get through the year. Other clubs had to take roughly half of their staff budget and hand it over to HMRC. Even in administration, Rangers got to avoid cutting their playing squad by screwing the British taxpayer over yet again. Allow them off with a wrist-slap and many fans will just see Scottish football as a form of professional wrestling with Rangers FC as the scripted winner.