Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I had my brother (normally one of the most reasonable Rangers fans I know) arguing yesterday that a fine is punishment, and rather than an embargo, Rangers should be fined...which would be sufficient. And he's one of the reasonable types. :blink:

I see FIFA Vice President Jim Boyce is quoted as saying:-

Meanwhile, Boyce also made it clear that if Rangers are expelled by the SFA they could not move to join another association.

He said: “I’ve read this rubbish for years that Rangers and Celtic could play in England. Under UEFA and FIFA rules this simply can’t happen.”

(Daily Record)

So if the SFA do suspend or expell Rangers they will be well and truly fecked!! :lol:

If this be true, & Souness left Ibrox in 1991, it would surely show further proof that EBT's have been on the go there since Murrays arrival in 1988?

Not necessarily the implication of this.

He could also have been getting paid at the time. Though that's surely unlikely as it would be illegal.

Or the scheme could have been directly misused by paying someone through the trust who wasn't an employee at all. Again, though, you'd have to say that couldn't have happened either as it would be against the rules of the scheme.

Please let today be the day that something really, really fucking bad happens to Rangers.

Being a Rainjurs fan is like being in Jozef Fritzl's cellar...

Whenever you see a bit of light... you end up being fucked again........ :P

If they have to be liquidated, how can the administrators accept an offer for the assets before the liquidation actually happens. The £5.5m that Green is reported to have agreed with Dumb & Dumber, surely cannot be signed and sealed before the liquidation actually happens. It looks a lot like selling your house to a mate for a few quid, before your divorce comes through.

1338457390[/url]' post='6290018']

Sincerely hope so, otherwise this whole fiasco is becoming more and more corrupt with each passing day.

The SFA must be bricking it at the thought of proper litigation, not the Rainjurs 'it's no fair' type but sponsors and other clubs suing if we get punted by FIFA.

I think I have moved the current status from 'fiasco' up to 'imbroglio'

I see FIFA Vice President Jim Boyce is quoted as saying:-

Meanwhile, Boyce also made it clear that if Rangers are expelled by the SFA they could not move to join another association.

He said: "I've read this rubbish for years that Rangers and Celtic could play in England. Under UEFA and FIFA rules this simply can't happen."

(Daily Record)

Tarrier

Motherwell gates fell when the steel mill closed and new industry and jobs have arisen and Motherwell is well located.And did you miss out population growth ?.

Motherwell's gates rose after Ravenscraig closed down and there has been no increase in population.

You'll find it was the taxpayers, BoS , HMRC that paid for them .. Rangers was just the bus ,..

...to be entirely accurate they didn't pay for the bus either - a travel company from County Down is in the list of creditors and have yet to be paid for bus hire services prior to a game with Linfield. RFC even cheat their own pals. Gruesome club.

STV - Prospective Rangers owner seeks Scottish FA talks to prevent FIFA action

Prospective Rangers owner Charles Green says he is seeking an urgent meeting with Scottish FA chief Stewart Regan to prevent FIFA from intervening in a dispute between the two organisations.

A judge ruled the punishment was “unlawful” and not permissible based on the Scottish FA’s rulebook, despite a clause in the articles of association saying the relevant appeals panel could use its discretion to impose any sanction it saw fit.

“I want to have talks with Stewart Regan to find a way out of this for the good of Scottish football,” Green told the Scottish Sun.

“There is a balancing act here. We accept Rangers should be punished for the sins of the past. I am not disputing that, the SFA have an obligation to do that.

“But I have to stress that the fans of Rangers, administrators and myself feel the initial penalty given to the club was too harsh.

Now there has to be a solution and a way out that doesn’t cause carnage for the game in Scotland.”

With the Scottish FA essentially left with no choice but to impose some form of sanction on Rangers, Green is eager to stave off talk of a possible suspension or expulsion from Scottish football for the club he is looking to purchase.

“There has been talk that if the SFA appeal to Lord Carloway who rubber-stamped the original decision, then Rangers could be booted out of football for 12 months — or even for good,” he said.

“If everyone steps back from the understandable emotions of this for a second I can’t believe anyone who loves the game in Scotland wants that.

“I want to speak with Stewart Regan to try and find the right path for Rangers and the game as a whole in this country.”

Surely Stewart Regan has 2 ideal excuses here -

1) - that he has no influence over the independent panel who decided the previous judgement and will review it and

2) - that given RFC decided to go down the CoS route the judgement points out that they MUST ONLY use the punishments that they have available and not make one up.

Exit stage left for Green me thinks!

Prospective Rangers owner Charles Green says he is seeking an urgent meeting with Scottish FA chief Stewart Regan to prevent FIFA from intervening in a dispute between the two organisations.

“There has been talk that if the SFA appeal to Lord Carloway who rubber-stamped the original decision, then Rangers could be booted out of football for 12 months — or even for good,” he said.

“If everyone steps back from the understandable emotions of this for a second I can’t believe anyone who loves the game in Scotland wants that.

“I want to speak with Stewart Regan to try and find the right path for Rangers and the game as a whole in this country.”

I think if Charles Green were to ask 100 non Old Firm fans at random if they want to see Rangers booted out of football that 99 would say yes.

The delusion of these people knows no bounds.

Ok, i cant be arsed to trawl back though 20 odd pages to see if this has been covered, so can someone answer this ?

If rangers are suspended for say, 1 season, would they have to come back in at 3rd div level or would they be allowed to waltz back into the SPL ?

Or is that just something else which no one has a scooby about ?

Surely Stewart Regan has 2 ideal excuses here -

1) - that he has no influence over the independent panel who decided the previous judgement and will review it and

2) - that given RFC decided to go down the CoS route the judgement points out that they MUST ONLY use the punishments that they have available and not make one up.

Exit stage left for Green me thinks!

Indeed.

Its an independent panel!

Suspension at least!