Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

STV - Prospective Rangers owner seeks Scottish FA talks to prevent FIFA action

Prospective Rangers owner Charles Green says he is seeking an urgent meeting with Scottish FA chief Stewart Regan to prevent FIFA from intervening in a dispute between the two organisations.

Having been handed a 12-month registration embargo by the governing body for failing to pay tax contributions for their employees over nine months, Rangers challenged the validity of the sanction in the Court of Session.

A judge ruled the punishment was "unlawful" and not permissible based on the Scottish FA's rulebook, despite a clause in the articles of association saying the relevant appeals panel could use its discretion to impose any sanction it saw fit.

FIFA's statutes warn against clubs taking football matters to courts of law and, having issued a statement on Tuesday warning for the courts not to be used, are keeping a close eye on the developing situation.

The onus is now on the Scottish FA to punish Rangers for using the courts, or face FIFA's intervention and the potential suspension of all clubs and the national team from participating in football outside of the country.

"I want to have talks with Stewart Regan to find a way out of this for the good of Scottish football," Green told the Scottish Sun.

"There is a balancing act here. We accept Rangers should be punished for the sins of the past. I am not disputing that, the SFA have an obligation to do that.

"But I have to stress that the fans of Rangers, administrators and myself feel the initial penalty given to the club was too harsh.

"Now there has to be a solution and a way out that doesn't cause carnage for the game in Scotland."

With the Scottish FA essentially left with no choice but to impose some form of sanction on Rangers, Green is eager to stave off talk of a possible suspension or expulsion from Scottish football for the club he is looking to purchase.

"There has been talk that if the SFA appeal to Lord Carloway who rubber-stamped the original decision, then Rangers could be booted out of football for 12 months — or even for good," he said.

"If everyone steps back from the understandable emotions of this for a second I can't believe anyone who loves the game in Scotland wants that.

"I want to speak with Stewart Regan to try and find the right path for Rangers and the game as a whole in this country."

So now they want to negotiate the punishment...

"There has been talk that if the SFA appeal to Lord Carloway who rubber-stamped the original decision, then Rangers could be booted out of football for 12 months — or even for good," he said.

"If everyone steps back from the understandable emotions of this for a second I can't believe anyone who loves the game in Scotland wants that.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What a total plonker though. He wants to slap Regan about for something that Rangers themselves brought about? :angry:

Any idea when, you'd think that the result of the investigations will not be in Rangers favour, how can they be ?

Watch Charles Green disappear off into the sunset should the SPL announce there is a case to answer.

_55347441_doncaster.jpg

Where is all this hatred coming from?

It seems to me that its you who is the bigot! I bet you're a Celtic fan in disguise!

I'm Scots-Irish and County Down is proud to support the Gers. No surrender!

I bet you're a woman in disguise when you are actually sub human... nae surrenduuurr innat eh....

Prospective Rangers owner Charles Green says he is seeking an urgent meeting with Scottish FA chief Stewart Regan to prevent FIFA from intervening in a dispute between the two organisations.

Having been handed a 12-month registration embargo by the governing body for failing to pay tax contributions for their employees over nine months, Rangers challenged the validity of the sanction in the Court of Session.

A judge ruled the punishment was "unlawful" and not permissible based on the Scottish FA's rulebook, despite a clause in the articles of association saying the relevant appeals panel could use its discretion to impose any sanction it saw fit.

FIFA's statutes warn against clubs taking football matters to courts of law and, having issued a statement on Tuesday warning for the courts not to be used, are keeping a close eye on the developing situation.

The onus is now on the Scottish FA to punish Rangers for using the courts, or face FIFA's intervention and the potential suspension of all clubs and the national team from participating in football outside of the country.

"I want to have talks with Stewart Regan to find a way out of this for the good of Scottish football," Green told the Scottish Sun.

"There is a balancing act here. We accept Rangers should be punished for the sins of the past. I am not disputing that, the SFA have an obligation to do that.

"But I have to stress that the fans of Rangers, administrators and myself feel the initial penalty given to the club was too harsh.

"Now there has to be a solution and a way out that doesn't cause carnage for the game in Scotland."

With the Scottish FA essentially left with no choice but to impose some form of sanction on Rangers, Green is eager to stave off talk of a possible suspension or expulsion from Scottish football for the club he is looking to purchase.

"I want to speak with Stewart Regan to try and find the right path for Rangers and the game as a whole in this country."

Totally and utterly wired to the moon.

I think everyone wants them out of Scottish football, almost to a man. Even the Rangers fans, who would rather be in England or the Atlantic league or wherever else.

Go on Regan, do the right thing and tell him to stop being a presumptuous, arrogant butt licker, and he can take whatever punish the SFA sees fit to give. He wont do that though.

Where is all this hatred coming from?

It seems to me that its you who is the bigot! I bet you're a Celtic fan in disguise!

I'm Scots-Irish and County Down is proud to support the Gers. No surrender!

I bet you're a woman in disguise when you are actually sub human... nae surrenduuurr innat eh....

post-37648-31273_thumb.jpeg

1338454438[/url]' post='6289910']

Any idea when, you'd think that the result of the investigations will not be in Rangers favour, how can they be ?

Watch Charles Green disappear off into the sunset should the SPL announce there is a case to answer.

Today, apparently. I agree, I cannot see it going their way. I think we're into the period of death by a thousand cuts. It isn't one thing that will finish them off.

I notice that Hughie has decided he wants to 'talk' now. Y'know, for the good of Scottish football. Time for talking is over....

Totally and utterly wired to the moon.

I think everyone wants them out of Scottish football, almost to a man. Even the Rangers fans, who would rather be in England or the Atlantic league or wherever else.

Go on Regan, do the right thing and tell him to stop being a presumptuous, arrogant butt licker, and he can take whatever punish the SFA sees fit to give. He wont do that though.

Spot on.

Hopefully FIFA and UEFA stop this plea bargain.

Bad news Charlie, the punishment wasn't too harsh, it was too lenient and there's only one way it can go from there, Rangers appealed, won their case to have a punishment outlined in the rule book handed down, the only realistic punishment left is suspension or expulsion. That's the way you wanted it, that's the way you'll get it you sad twat.

I don't think it is advisable for Regan to meet with Green, surely things have gone too far for such "cozy" meetings, impartial and independent individuals such as judges should be dealing with all aspects of this matter, if Green has something to say it should be done in front of the panel deciding what punishment should be given out, not directly and sneakily trying to influence others to see his way of thinking, especially when he is using the old "Scottish football will die without Rangers" chestnut. I've news for you Charlie, it's maybe gotten to the stage that Scottish football will die WITH Rangers.

I find Greens attitude nauseating, he's only in it too make money and for him to come across as the great caring saviour is just a total farce, him D&P and Whyte are all in this together.

Spot on.

Hopefully FIFA and UEFA stop this plea bargain.

The negotiations....

SFA: We suggest a fine and we tell you not to do it again.

Rangers: We suggest a 100 point head start in every league season and a bye to every cup final.

SFA: Ok.

Today, apparently. I agree, I cannot see it going their way. I think we're into the period of death by a thousand cuts. It isn't one thing that will finish them off.

I notice that Hughie has decided he wants to 'talk' now. Y'know, for the good of Scottish football. Time for talking is over....

Exactly, Regan should refuse to meet him and only deal with official written correspondence so that absolutely everything is recorded in writing and leaves no room whatsoever for ambiguity.

Latest from Barcabhoy on RTC :-

Barcabhoy says:

31/05/2012 at 9:28 am

Lest we forget in all the recent drama, a key revelation in the BBC documentary was that Souness received £30k. He in fact received much more in both cash terms and in the number of payments made.

Maybe a journalist could ask, formerly media friendly and always available Souness, why he requested multiple loans from Rangers EBT scheme 10 years and more after he left their employment.

The protocol is as follows

1 that an employee, or ex employee , has to request a loan, with a reason for the loan being required.

2 the employer has to pass that request to the trustees

3 the employer will deposit funds in a sub trust if the trustees approve the loan

4 the funds are drawn down by the employee, or ex employee, once a loan agreement has been reached

The questions to be asked are

1 what was the reason for the loan. Was it almost as if a template was being used so that all loan requests were remarkably similar. Did everyone who was employed at Rangers really ALL need home improvement work

2 why would Rangers agree to pass on a request for a loan, knowing that

3 they would have to place funds into the sub trust to facilitate the loan. Now remember the loan is never paid back to Rangers , it is paid back to the trust……..except no loan ever has ever been repaid.

Why would any business pay huge sums (£48million) into a trust if there was no business benefit to them. The name gives the clue as to how it’s supposed to work EMPLOYEE benefit trust.

What was the business benefit that made Rangers and David Murray pay very large sums into a trust for the benefit of Souness?

We have already had Billy Dodds extremely helpful explanation of how it worked for him. The business benefit for Rangers is that they could pay a contractual amount without paying PAYE and NI. Now of course that is an abuse and in large measure why HMRC found the EBT scheme was improperly operated and send in the BTC bill.

But why pay Souness this way. He wasn’t an employee. He couldn’t have had a contract , as he was contracted to another professional football club at the time of his loans being approved. It is absolutely forbidden for individuals to have contracts in football with more than one club at a time.

So if he wasn’t contracted he could not have been providing a legal service to Rangers, which should not in any case have been paid via an EBT

So just what was the compelling request for loans (multiple) that enabled the trustees and Rangers to provide huge amounts of money to an individual who at the time was one of the highest paid individuals in the UK

Remember the order in the protocol , request , pass on, approve , fund , agree, draw down.

Why did David Murray agree to deposit huge amounts of money into a trust to benefit Souness ?

What was the business benefit? What did a very wealthy non contracted individual , who hadn’t worked at the club for 10 years , do to justify this largesse ?

You'll find it was the taxpayers, BoS , HMRC that paid for them .. Rangers was just the bus ,..

Pretty sure United made a contribution towards Websters wages up to the maximum that Uniteds wage cap is set at and that Rangers agreed to pay the difference otherwise he wasn't going to take the loan option and just sit it out in their reserves.

ETA: Be interesting to find out if that was paid to Webster direct or to Rangers who then withheld elements of it?

Edited by chrismcarab

Latest from Barcabhoy on RTC :-

Barcabhoy says:

31/05/2012 at 9:28 am

Lest we forget in all the recent drama, a key revelation in the BBC documentary was that Souness received £30k. He in fact received much more in both cash terms and in the number of payments made.

Maybe a journalist could ask, formerly media friendly and always available Souness, why he requested multiple loans from Rangers EBT scheme 10 years and more after he left their employment.

The protocol is as follows

1 that an employee, or ex employee , has to request a loan, with a reason for the loan being required.

2 the employer has to pass that request to the trustees

3 the employer will deposit funds in a sub trust if the trustees approve the loan

4 the funds are drawn down by the employee, or ex employee, once a loan agreement has been reached

The questions to be asked are

1 what was the reason for the loan. Was it almost as if a template was being used so that all loan requests were remarkably similar. Did everyone who was employed at Rangers really ALL need home improvement work

2 why would Rangers agree to pass on a request for a loan, knowing that

3 they would have to place funds into the sub trust to facilitate the loan. Now remember the loan is never paid back to Rangers , it is paid back to the trust……..except no loan ever has ever been repaid.

Why would any business pay huge sums (£48million) into a trust if there was no business benefit to them. The name gives the clue as to how its supposed to work EMPLOYEE benefit trust.

What was the business benefit that made Rangers and David Murray pay very large sums into a trust for the benefit of Souness?

We have already had Billy Dodds extremely helpful explanation of how it worked for him. The business benefit for Rangers is that they could pay a contractual amount without paying PAYE and NI. Now of course that is an abuse and in large measure why HMRC found the EBT scheme was improperly operated and send in the BTC bill.

But why pay Souness this way. He wasnt an employee. He couldnt have had a contract , as he was contracted to another professional football club at the time of his loans being approved. It is absolutely forbidden for individuals to have contracts in football with more than one club at a time.

So if he wasnt contracted he could not have been providing a legal service to Rangers, which should not in any case have been paid via an EBT

So just what was the compelling request for loans (multiple) that enabled the trustees and Rangers to provide huge amounts of money to an individual who at the time was one of the highest paid individuals in the UK

Remember the order in the protocol , request , pass on, approve , fund , agree, draw down.

Why did David Murray agree to deposit huge amounts of money into a trust to benefit Souness ?

What was the business benefit? What did a very wealthy non contracted individual , who hadnt worked at the club for 10 years , do to justify this largesse ?

If this be true, & Souness left Ibrox in 1991, it would surely show further proof that EBT's have been on the go there since Murrays arrival in 1988?

Edited by kiddy