Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I think you may have pasted the wrong article there, if not, pretty cringe-worthy attempt- sorry.

Apologies in that case, in my defence I was still half asleep and I just read it quickly before I had to do some actual work :o

Apologies in that case, in my defence I was still half asleep and I just read it quickly before I had to do some actual work :o

Don't worry about it some of my posts on footy forums are ten times worse, this thread included.

Worry not Rangers fans, Leggo says FIFA don't have a leg to stand on and that's enough for me: http://leggoland2.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/sfa-and-regan-should-beware-of-contempt.html

A stark warning though from the pish stained alky.

Admirable wisdom and common sense, when applied to matters Rangers, do not seem to be welcome on the BBC Scotland airwaves, ruled as they are by a cabal of Rangers hating Celtic supporters.

They know who they are. I know who they are. And soon everyone will know who they are.

Tremble tremble :lol:

What a shame he won't get to a game near his house.:rolleyes:

Thats weird, I didnt mean to quote that one, it was another one where some guy posted about sporting integrity because we had signed Charlie Adam, saying it gave the bottom 6 an unfair advantage (despite not having him in the bottom 6)

St Mirren asked Rangers for Charlie Adam on loan on two occasions .They could not afford to buy him or pay his wages but played him none the less . As their goal at the begining of the season was survival this must be seen as having an unfair advantage over the rest of the teams at the bottom six . Dundee utd were the same with Andy Webster ( as captain he lifted the scottish cup for them ) . Both teams were happy to have Rangers pay players to play for them . Sporting intergity ?

Edited by MarreZ

Don't lie. Nobody in this thread genuinely does much "actual work".

Thats weird, I didnt mean to quote that one, it was another one where some guy posted about sporting integrity because we had signed Charlie Adam, saying it gave the bottom 6 an unfair advantage (despite not having him in the bottom 6)

St Mirren asked Rangers for Charlie Adam on loan on two occasions .They could not afford to buy him or pay his wages but played him none the less . As their goal at the begining of the season was survival this must be seen as having an unfair advantage over the rest of the teams at the bottom six . Dundee utd were the same with Andy Webster ( as captain he lifted the scottish cup for them ) . Both teams were happy to have Rangers pay players to play for them . Sporting intergity ?

yep you wouldnt see the rangers playing players they cant afford to buy rolleyes.gif

The thing I'm suprised about is that its taken so many folk to realise it.

McCoist is filth.

Do you remember him employing a former loyalist terrorist as a gardner who then ran off with his wife?

Trying to look after one of the boys only to have it thrown back in his face:)

Do you remember him employing a former loyalist terrorist as a gardner who then ran off with his wife?

Trying to look after one of the boys only to have it thrown back in his face:)

It's transparent he canny get a boner.

I've just had a brilliant idea! Farm players out on loan to a club who will give you enough to cover at least the take-home pay of the player, deduct their PAYE & NIC but don't actually pay it, then pocket the difference.

wow someone actually gets it (almost)

Rangers in crisis: My old club could suffer heavier punishment after overturning transfer ban

GORDON SMITH reckons the SFA were trying to help Rangers by only slapping them with a transfer ban – and he fears his old club could pay a heavy price for successfully challenging the punishment.

The Light Blues won their court battle with the footballing authorities after a judge ruled a<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">one-year signing embargo for bringing the game into disrepute was outwith the SFA’s remit.

Lord Glennie has thrown the matter back to the governing body’s judicial panel and Smith – a former SFA chief executive who was Ibrox director of football during Craig Whyte’s reign – suspects the club will now be hit hard.

He said: “The sanctions could have been greater – Rangers could have lost their membership – and the SFA were maybe trying to be helpful by making it just a one-year transfer embargo.

“I thought it was quite harsh to say they couldn’t sign anyone for a year and that’s why Rangers decided to fight this.

“But it could cause them further problems, especially if FIFA now put the SFA under pressure.

“Due to the fact Rangers appealed and won their case, the SFA might now have to apply a sanction such as suspending their membership which would be much more serious.”

wow someone actually gets it (almost)

Rangers in crisis: My old club could suffer heavier punishment after overturning transfer ban

GORDON SMITH reckons the SFA were trying to help Rangers by only slapping them with a transfer ban – and he fears his old club could pay a heavy price for successfully challenging the punishment.

The Light Blues won their court battle with the footballing authorities after a judge ruled a<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; ">one-year signing embargo for bringing the game into disrepute was outwith the SFA’s remit.

Lord Glennie has thrown the matter back to the governing body’s judicial panel and Smith – a former SFA chief executive who was Ibrox director of football during Craig Whyte’s reign – suspects the club will now be hit hard.

He said: “The sanctions could have been greater – Rangers could have lost their membership – and the SFA were maybe trying to be helpful by making it just a one-year transfer embargo.

“I thought it was quite harsh to say they couldn’t sign anyone for a year and that’s why Rangers decided to fight this.

“But it could cause them further problems, especially if FIFA now put the SFA under pressure.

“Due to the fact Rangers appealed and won their case, the SFA might now have to apply a sanction such as suspending their membership which would be much more serious.”

Well, I certainly never had Smith down as a tarrier.

STV - Prospective Rangers owner seeks Scottish FA talks to prevent FIFA action

Prospective Rangers owner Charles Green says he is seeking an urgent meeting with Scottish FA chief Stewart Regan to prevent FIFA from intervening in a dispute between the two organisations.

Having been handed a 12-month registration embargo by the governing body for failing to pay tax contributions for their employees over nine months, Rangers challenged the validity of the sanction in the Court of Session.

A judge ruled the punishment was “unlawful” and not permissible based on the Scottish FA’s rulebook, despite a clause in the articles of association saying the relevant appeals panel could use its discretion to impose any sanction it saw fit.

FIFA’s statutes warn against clubs taking football matters to courts of law and, having issued a statement on Tuesday warning for the courts not to be used, are keeping a close eye on the developing situation.

The onus is now on the Scottish FA to punish Rangers for using the courts, or face FIFA’s intervention and the potential suspension of all clubs and the national team from participating in football outside of the country.

“I want to have talks with Stewart Regan to find a way out of this for the good of Scottish football,” Green told the Scottish Sun.

“There is a balancing act here. We accept Rangers should be punished for the sins of the past. I am not disputing that, the SFA have an obligation to do that.

“But I have to stress that the fans of Rangers, administrators and myself feel the initial penalty given to the club was too harsh.

“Now there has to be a solution and a way out that doesn’t cause carnage for the game in Scotland.”

With the Scottish FA essentially left with no choice but to impose some form of sanction on Rangers, Green is eager to stave off talk of a possible suspension or expulsion from Scottish football for the club he is looking to purchase.

“There has been talk that if the SFA appeal to Lord Carloway who rubber-stamped the original decision, then Rangers could be booted out of football for 12 months — or even for good,” he said.

“If everyone steps back from the understandable emotions of this for a second I can’t believe anyone who loves the game in Scotland wants that.

“I want to speak with Stewart Regan to try and find the right path for Rangers and the game as a whole in this country.”

SPL statement on dual contracts due soon. Apparently.

Any idea when, you'd think that the result of the investigations will not be in Rangers favour, how can they be ?

Watch Charles Green disappear off into the sunset should the SPL announce there is a case to answer.

STV - Prospective Rangers owner seeks Scottish FA talks to prevent FIFA action

Prospective Rangers owner Charles Green says he is seeking an urgent meeting with Scottish FA chief Stewart Regan to prevent FIFA from intervening in a dispute between the two organisations.

Having been handed a 12-month registration embargo by the governing body for failing to pay tax contributions for their employees over nine months, Rangers challenged the validity of the sanction in the Court of Session.

A judge ruled the punishment was “unlawful” and not permissible based on the Scottish FA’s rulebook, despite a clause in the articles of association saying the relevant appeals panel could use its discretion to impose any sanction it saw fit.

FIFA’s statutes warn against clubs taking football matters to courts of law and, having issued a statement on Tuesday warning for the courts not to be used, are keeping a close eye on the developing situation.

The onus is now on the Scottish FA to punish Rangers for using the courts, or face FIFA’s intervention and the potential suspension of all clubs and the national team from participating in football outside of the country.

“I want to have talks with Stewart Regan to find a way out of this for the good of Scottish football,” Green told the Scottish Sun.

“There is a balancing act here. We accept Rangers should be punished for the sins of the past. I am not disputing that, the SFA have an obligation to do that.

“But I have to stress that the fans of Rangers, administrators and myself feel the initial penalty given to the club was too harsh.

“Now there has to be a solution and a way out that doesn’t cause carnage for the game in Scotland.”

With the Scottish FA essentially left with no choice but to impose some form of sanction on Rangers, Green is eager to stave off talk of a possible suspension or expulsion from Scottish football for the club he is looking to purchase.

“There has been talk that if the SFA appeal to Lord Carloway who rubber-stamped the original decision, then Rangers could be booted out of football for 12 months — or even for good,” he said.

“If everyone steps back from the understandable emotions of this for a second I can’t believe anyone who loves the game in Scotland wants that.

“I want to speak with Stewart Regan to try and find the right path for Rangers and the game as a whole in this country.”

I've had that feeling many's a time, you wake up in the cells and think "oh oh, wtf have I done now"