Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Unless the creditors reckon that H&D's valuation of Ibrox and the training facility is suspiciously low, and that under a newly appointed Liquidator they would realise a higher value.

who would buy it do you think ? and for what purpose

What I dont understand about this entire CVA proposal from Rangers is that it is clearly far to low to be accepted by the creditors. Doing the math for it they have a pot of £8.5 million with expected transfers of £3.5 million giving £12 million then they hope for £25 million from the lawyers tax case. That would give £37 million which is probably a resonable % however the case is not being heard till the end of the year and surely as it isnt even a guarenteed source of money cant realistically be included. So your left with £12 million of which Duff and Duffer have £6 million and £1 million is due to other secured creditors. So your left over CVA pot is £5 million which is about 9p in the £. I cannot believe that HMRC will take this amount of money particularly if the rumor is true that they will need £4 million in paye from the administrators. So if the CVA fails then Green will try to buy the assets for £5.5 million however this bid can be matched or raised by anyone with the funds which means that there is a distinct possiblility that HMRC may feel the valuation of the land and assets is such that they can get more money back by rejecting a CVA and using the bidding process for assets to get back more funds. I cannot believe that rangers can escape their fate as it would make a mockery of the spl and leave the way open for clubs to spend away with no concequences.

I cannot believe that HMRC will take this amount of money particularly if the rumor is true that they will need £4 million in paye from the administrators. So if the CVA fails then Green will try to buy the assets for £5.5 million however this bid can be matched or raised by anyone with the funds which means that there is a distinct possiblility that HMRC may feel the valuation of the land and assets is such that they can get more money back by rejecting a CVA and using the bidding process for assets to get back more funds. I cannot believe that rangers can escape their fate as it would make a mockery of the spl and leave the way open for clubs to spend away with no concequences.

Your 1st problem is to assume HMRC are in this for the money. This is about making a point for them.

WTF is the COCKWOMBLE Doncaster all about ? imposing financial fairplay as if he has administered it himself !.

Didn't FIFA impose this fairplay to be administered to all member states at the start of next season themselves ?.This was to stop clubs getting into debt by buying players they could not afford as most clubs in Europe are in debt from overspending on over priced and massively inflated players worth.

Glad to see Stewart Gilmour have a say that rangers were wrong to go to the CoS.

Also once again the dual contracts questions are avoided ! surprise surprise

stewart Gilmore just been on telly he's raging

"sport should be kept in sport " thumbup2.gif

Yeah, it was a proper rage wasn't it? Not one of those insta-rages like when you stub your toe. The whole thing has clearly tipped him over the edge. Here's hoping its indicative of the general mood and the fact they have chosen to give no assurances by further delaying the newco vote and sanctions definitely shows a bit of resolve I think.

If that's Gilmours mood, I'm hoping the teams that are Europe bound will be even more peeved at Gers for going to court. Splendid biggrin.gif

The SPL seem to be having problems deciding wether there were dual contracts for players and other being paid though EBTs. Here is a very short 'Idiots Guide' to assist them.

1. A contract does not need to be in writing to be a contract. Also the inability to produce contracts does not mean contracts don't exist - this is quite important as the main source of obtaining any such contracts is the body who will be punished if such contracts are produced.

2. If the amounts paid were not contractual but purely discretionary consider what that means. It means players (and their agents) agreed a financial remuneration package over which they had no control. In other words player X agrees to be paid, say, £5k a week through his normal contract, the one that is registered with the SPL. He then agrees that he will be paid a further amount through the EBT but has no say over how much that amount will be.

Is there any sensible, logical people who could argue that the scenario outlined in '2' above really existed.

This is not a legal matter but the burden of proof when deciding the outcome should be that used in civil law, the balance of probability. I think that it is completely improbable to imagine that players and others agreed to purely discretionary payments therefore dual contracts did exist.

I'm hoping Granny is right (again!) with the balance of probabilities being the marker for any judgements. However even if it were to be the other way and proof positive be required, surely the statements Big Marvin and Doddsy have already made - added to paperwork the BBC hold in relation to Papac - make the outcome a formality?

Yeah, it was a proper rage wasn't it? Not one of those insta-rages like when you stub your toe. The whole thing has clearly tipped him over the edge. Here's hoping its indicative of the general mood and the fact they have chosen to give no assurances by further delaying the newco vote and sanctions definitely shows a bit of resolve I think.

If that's Gilmours mood, I'm hoping the teams that are Europe bound will be even more peeved at Gers for going to court. Splendid biggrin.gif

I'm extremely proud of my club's chairman. I must admit. :D

Mark Daly just tweeted the e-mails between Duff and phelps and Craigy Bhoy White which set up their deal to go online at midnight.... if this reveals what people suspect surely criminal proceedings will ensue ??

Mark Daly just tweeted the e-mails between Duff and phelps and Craigy Bhoy White which set up their deal to go online at midnight.... if this reveals what people suspect surely criminal proceedings will ensue ??

Must.. Go.. Buy..

POPCORN!!!

Unless the creditors reckon that H&D's valuation of Ibrox and the training facility is suspiciously low, and that under a newly appointed Liquidator they would realise a higher value.

i doubt it will be an administrators valuation of the assets, infact you might find that the creditors have the assets valued themselves, that would seem the prudent thing for them to do

What I dont understand about this entire CVA proposal from Rangers is that it is clearly far to low to be accepted by the creditors. Doing the math for it they have a pot of £8.5 million with expected transfers of £3.5 million giving £12 million then they hope for £25 million from the lawyers tax case. That would give £37 million which is probably a resonable % however the case is not being heard till the end of the year and surely as it isnt even a guarenteed source of money cant realistically be included. So your left with £12 million of which Duff and Duffer have £6 million and £1 million is due to other secured creditors. So your left over CVA pot is £5 million which is about 9p in the £. I cannot believe that HMRC will take this amount of money particularly if the rumor is true that they will need £4 million in paye from the administrators. So if the CVA fails then Green will try to buy the assets for £5.5 million however this bid can be matched or raised by anyone with the funds which means that there is a distinct possiblility that HMRC may feel the valuation of the land and assets is such that they can get more money back by rejecting a CVA and using the bidding process for assets to get back more funds. I cannot believe that rangers can escape their fate as it would make a mockery of the spl and leave the way open for clubs to spend away with no concequences.

I think the 9p is their attempt at making it look better than it is,i think the 9p will be nearer 0-3 p

Your 1st problem is to assume HMRC are in this for the money. This is about making a point for them.

I agree on this,the HMRC can easily write this off,and recoup it elsewhere if needs be.Why would they want to though,it will only open the flood gates for everyone else to do the same thing Rangers have done.Knowing full well they can get away with it without any real punishment.

Edited by Forever Diamond

P&B the forum which just keeps on givinglaugh.gif

Mark Daly (@MarkDaly2): Revealed: the emails which set out the deal between Craig Whyte & Duff & Phelps in the days leading up to administration. Online at midnight

Edit: Jesus, you have to be fast with the scoops around here...

Edited by flyingrodent

I think the 9p is their attempt at making it look better than it is,i think the 9p will be nearer 0-3 p

I agree on this,the HMRC can easily right this off,and recoup it elsewhere if needs be.Why would they want to though,it will only open the flood gates for everyone else to do the same thing Rangers have done.Knowing full well they can get away with it without any real punishment.

Even though we are in a recession,HMRC have very deep pockets,namely the treasury!! And the blue bigots think that nobody can mess with them!!!! Ho ho ho.:D

Mark Daly (@MarkDaly2): Revealed: the emails which set out the deal between Craig Whyte & Duff & Phelps in the days leading up to administration. Online at midnight

Edit: Jesus, you have to be fast with the scoops around here...

Drip! Drip! Drip!!:D