Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Exactly.

Rangers have broken FIFA statute 64 by taking their national association to an ordinary court of law. As a member of FIFA, the SFA must now punish Rangers accordingly. As previously stated, the punishments available are a £100,000 fine, which has already been applied, expulsion from the Scottish Cup for one year, which is a comedy punishment, or suspension of membership.

What Rangers have done by taking the SFA to the Court of Session is force the SFA's hand. They pretty much have no choice now.

Rangers have committed suicide.

By forcing the SFA to make them sit out the Scottish Cup for a year? Hardly suicide. I'm clearly missing something here (I hope), perhaps you could enlighten me as to how they have hurt themselves here.

Exactly.

Rangers have broken FIFA statute 64 by taking their national association to an ordinary court of law. As a member of FIFA, the SFA must now punish Rangers accordingly. As previously stated, the punishments available are a £100,000 fine, which has already been applied, expulsion from the Scottish Cup for one year, which is a comedy punishment, or suspension of membership.

What Rangers have done by taking the SFA to the Court of Session is force the SFA's hand. They pretty much have no choice now.

Rangers have committed suicide.

So were Partick Thistle thrown out the game when they took the footballing authorities to court?

Edited by No8.

Particularly funny as that the BBC actually sold all it's magazines bar 3 (Top gear, lonely planet & easy cook) last year link. Somehow cannot see Easy Cook actually being a guide to the best chippies in Glasgow or Lonely Planet covering Butlins in Ayr so suspect it's not much a of hit if the fool does read Top Gear!

It's not been Butlins for years ya Killie bam :P

I will bow to the superior knowledge of others, but is FIFA Statute 64 not bordering on being unenforceable?

Hypothetically speaking, say a national body such as the SFA does something which although in compliance with their own orders, constitution, rule book or whatever, contravenes a member club's rights at law, what recourse does the member club have other than taking court action since it is expected that FIFA has approved the national body's rules etc. to allow it to have membership of the world governing body.

So were Partick Thistle thrown out the game when they took the footballing authorities to court?

A pathetic, fascile and empty bleat. The FIFA/UEFA provisions have been tightened since the time of the Thistle case. Rangers chose to flout the current provisions under Article 64 and as incorporated in the SFA rules. Rangers themselves signed-up to them last August when all senior Clubs agreed unamimously. Get the scumbags kicked-out.

Edited by Claymores

I will bow to the superior knowledge of others, but is FIFA Statute 64 not bordering on being unenforceable?

Hypothetically speaking, say a national body such as the SFA does something which although in compliance with their own orders, constitution, rule book or whatever, contravenes a member club's rights at law, what recourse does the member club have other than taking court action since it is expected that FIFA has approved the national body's rules etc. to allow it to have membership of the world governing body.

I think the point is, they are quite within their rights to do what they want in terms of taking shit to courts of law, but if they continue with it they will no longer be recognised by FIFA and I assume have to find a non-FIFA league to play in.

I think the point is, they are quite within their rights to do what they want in terms of taking shit to courts of law, but if they continue with it they will no longer be recognised by FIFA and I assume have to find a non-FIFA league to play in.

Thanks Wullie.

That would make for a season of 36 (or however many games they wanted) home games against their reserves. alternatively, they could play home and away between Greyskull and Murray Park for a bit of variety.

By forcing the SFA to make them sit out the Scottish Cup for a year? Hardly suicide. I'm clearly missing something here (I hope), perhaps you could enlighten me as to how they have hurt themselves here.

If you're missing it, there's no hope for you.

The SFA must be seen to act by FIFA. Expulsion from the Scottish Cup is not going to cut it. Admittedly, it was a different case, but Sion were eventually docked 36 points by the Swiss FA for fielding ineligible players. This after the club had taken them to court, much to FIFA's disdain.

36-points for fielding ineligible players then taking the Swiss FA to court.

One year ban from the Scottish Cup for failure to pay more than £13 million in tax last season then taking the SFA to court.

The latter will not cut the mustard.

If you're missing it, there's no hope for you.

The SFA must be seen to act by FIFA. Expulsion from the Scottish Cup is not going to cut it. Admittedly, it was a different case, but Sion were eventually docked 36 points by the Swiss FA for fielding ineligible players. This after the club had taken them to court, much to FIFA's disdain.

36-points for fielding ineligible players then taking the Swiss FA to court.

One year ban from the Scottish Cup for failure to pay more than £13 million in tax last season then taking the SFA to court.

The latter will not cut the mustard.

NB - Accotrding to RTC it looks like they have been continuing to fail to make theTax/NI payments in Administration. RTC was not previously calling for expulsion but there is a sea-change in attitudes now - see their site for the blog and posts which analyse that the EBT proposal also misrepresents the latest situation.

Can anyone tell me if H&D can obtain credit for a club in administration ? For that is what they have done, to the tune of an interest bearing 8.5 million..

NB - Accotrding to RTC it looks like they have been continuing to fail to make theTax/NI payments in Administration. RTC was not previously calling for expulsion but there is a sea-change in attitudes now - see their site for the blog and posts which analyse that the EBT proposal also misrepresents the latest situation.

I had heard this this morning, surley to god their not that thick? It's total suicide.

Excuse my ignorance but is this the kind of thing a company has to pay each month or can it be paid annually? Even if annually surley the deadline for that has passed. Excuse my ignorance