Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I don't think they can fine rangers any more that what they already have so that why that isn't a option. Regarding FIFA, would they do the same as what they did with Sion? Tell the SFA to sort it out or Scotland would suffer.

That's why I think the piddly exclusion from the Scottish Cup is highly likely. SFA can say they've punished Rangers in the light of other things, EUFA will say "the National Association has dealt with the matter and we won't get involved", FIFA will ask "Where is this place Scotland again??"

Tragic really!

So you're saying that the Transfer embargo could be kept if the SFA decide to ignore what COS say?

yep , i havent read or heard any journos saying its been overturned , which is a key word in this

as things stand at the moment,n rangers have 2 transfer embargos in place against them

its basically up to the sfa if they want to punish them further or if their lawyers think they can continue to uphold the embargo

That's why I think the piddly exclusion from the Scottish Cup is highly likely. SFA can say they've punished Rangers in the light of other things, EUFA will say "the National Association has dealt with the matter and we won't get involved", FIFA will ask "Where is this place Scotland again??"

Tragic really!

My thoughts exactly. It's the easy way out for rangers really, missing out on a Scottish Cup is no big deal in the whole scale of things.

If you 'appoint' a panel then, by definition, it cannot be independent.

Sure it was covered with the " transparency issue" but was the panel not picked from a list that all clubs including Rangers agreed?

Edited by The_Moth

What are the chances the SFA now expel Rangers and subsequently refuse to grant Green's newco membership, thus preventing them from entering the league structures?

Slightly higher than this morning?

FIFA and UEFA breathing down their necks (been a couple of tweets tonight to that effect

A couple of tweets eh?! Sounds serious

I don't think EUFA are particularly interested - probably couldn't care less. If the SFA impose the piddling exlusion from the cup then they'll likely be glad they don't need to get invovolved.

EUFA have done SFA so far (meaning Sweet....). I don't see that they're on flights to Glasgow as we speak!

Rangers look likely to get away with murder yet again as a court judge says the transfer embargo was illegal, yet the 25 point deduction and transfer embargo that Dundee got was perfectly ok ????

Today could possibly be the day Scottish football died !

Do what you want with Rangers now as there's more chance of me winning the British Open Golf using one of David Murray's plastic legs than Rangers getting any sort of punishment !!!

It means he gets the whole shooting match that is Rangers (it's assets, goodwill, etc) for £5.5mill and walks them off into a newco.................unless someone offers a higher prepackage or else the creditors make a successful case that more could be realised through an asset sale liquidation. The purchase price of £5.5m goes towards winding the company up (including payments to creditors).

However, H&D argue that creditors get less from a newco or liquidation. The most salient part of the CVA proposal is Schedule 4 which summarises their case and contends:

Estimated Funds Available for Unsecured Creditors through CVA £4,967,284

Estimated Funds Available for Unsecured Creditors through Newco £953,284

Estimated Funds Available for Unsecured Creditors through liquidation £Nil

I'm sure that the creditiors will go fo this given D&P excellent track history.

Rangers look likely to get away with murder yet again as a court judge says the transfer embargo was illegal, yet the 25 point deduction and transfer embargo that Dundee got was perfectly ok ????

Do what you want with Rangers now as there's more chance of me winning the British Open Golf using one of David Murray's plastic legs than Rangers getting any sort of punishment !!!

:D

Yes. SFL rules permitted it.

A couple of tweets eh?! Sounds serious

I don't think EUFA are particularly interested - probably couldn't care less. If the SFA impose the piddling exlusion from the cup then they'll likely be glad they don't need to get invovolved.

EUFA have done SFA so far (meaning Sweet....). I don't see that they're on flights to Glasgow as we speak!

UEFA will stay well clear IMHO. The last thing they want is to get embroiled in a case that might spill into arguments over EU employment law (free movement of labour and all that).

Uefa has shelved proposals to impose a transfer ban on clubs that breach its financial fair-play rules amid concerns that its planned penalties will be legally unenforceable, or face challenges from individual players.

Lawyers have advised that Uefa could be open to restraint-of-trade suits from players excluded from the competition.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/european/8908065/Uefa-shelves-proposals-to-impose-a-transfer-ban-on-clubs-that-breach-its-financial-fair-play-rules.html

Oh ye of little faith. They're more fucked now than they've ever been.