Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

There are quite a few who have left/out of contract from the list posted earlier in this thread. There are many more who will be sold due to the arrangement made by D&P.

If Rangers are playing in the SPL next season there is every chance they wont be able to fulfill fixtures. What do we do then? Punish them again for their failure to field a team?

That's the fault of Rangers for fucking up. If you hadn't gone into admin you wouldn't have had to reduce wages and the players wouldn't want to leave. But then, what about a club that goes into admin next season and has to sell players to keep going? They'll just have to get through as best as possible even if they lose every match 3-0 for not fielding a full team. Get real just for once! :angry:

Playing catch-up this evening, my eyes are bubbling (and no, that doesn't mean verge of tears). IMO, the scenario has switched from, will there be a Rankers next season? to, will Scottish football, in any form worthy the name, survive this? For, make no mistake, if Rankers emerge from the shitstorm with a mere flesh wound,

THE GAME'S A BOGEY!

Impressed with the depth of knowledge on here.

But got to disagree with the SFA being influenced by the CVA position. It may be a ploy by Rangers, but the SFA has to act as it sees fit, and if Rangers are booted out of the SFA, so be it. FIFA are now on the case, urging the SFA to bring Rangers into line.

I suspect they will be suspended from the Cup for a year.

...and that is exactly what will happen. Nothing more than a slap on the wrist and Rangers won't give a f**k about missing a cup tournament for a year. An absolute joke for a punishment. Termination of their membership should be the ONLY punishment left open to these jokers. I hope the email from FIFA to the SFA emphasized that.

what was it.8.5 mil put on table for creditors against 50 mil debt..aye teams will be lining up to sell players to rangers.

espeially if they dont pay up front,hardly likely. they couldnt do it for the past twenty years ffs.

so does it realy matter about the case today theyre skint..

I wonder what Lodge that bawbag that took the hearing is in ?

Only goes to show how powerful Rangers are when a judge who went to school in Dorset, who went to an English University (Cambridge) and who took silk in England before coming to Scotland can be considered 'one of us".

Alternatively, perhaps he is one of the few that does not have a pre-ordained view of the situation.

I agree with your final point. We will be fielding a much weakened team next season and we have nobody to blame but ourselves...Well Whyte and SDM imo but that is another argument..the problem comes when the out of contract players move on and the players with 'get out' clauses leave. The 40 players named earlier could ne nearly half that number by the time the season kicks off.

Carrying this on there is a very real possibility that Rangers could finish outside the top 6 which means problems with the TV deal which then will punish every club in the league through loss of revenue

Still the same old argument about the "good of Scottish football". I thought your lot were all saying "fvck the others, let them die". In any case if Scottish football has reached the point where it relies on the existence of total corruptionto exist then perhaps it really should die and start again from scratch.

Impressed with the depth of knowledge on here.

But got to disagree with the SFA being influenced by the CVA position. It may be a ploy by Rangers, but the SFA has to act as it sees fit, and if Rangers are booted out of the SFA, so be it. FIFA are now on the case, urging the SFA to bring Rangers into line.

I suspect they will be suspended from the Cup for a year.

Cue McCoist going apaplectic at that too. The arrogant wanks would no doubt appeal.

OK - 1354 pages and I am now raging enough to finally post! I can't believe this decision from the Court of Session - whatever happened to the part the SFA and appeals tribunal quoted about "any other sanctions they thought fit" (or similar wording)? Surely that covers the transfer embargo?

I am actually raging about this - I have had far more eloquent thoughts to post for weeks now but my actual anger over this has made me just a raging wreck!

Don't if this has already been posted :-

But leading sports lawyer Dan Chapman, of Full Contact Law, told Sportsmail: 'If the courts were to say that they wished to overturn the transfer ban, the SFA will have to say they don't recognise the decision of the court.

'And, if Rangers want to impose the decision upon them, the SFA will have no choice but to expel them. Otherwise, the game is in utter disarray and anarchy, with no one paying any attention to a decision by the governing body.

'If the Court of Session find in favour of Rangers, the SFA certainly don't have to accept.

'They will say: "If you want us to accept that, you are further breaching the rules - which means we'll expel you. In that case, your legal remedy is pretty pointless because you're no longer a club allowed to play in our leagues".

'It would be a futile victory. It seems to be that, for want of a better expression, it's been a bit of a cock-up.'

:ph34r:

I note on another thread Celtic has now got a friendly v Real Madrid in America: 1 week after the season starts. Bad day for the forces of diddyness :(.

Anyone bet what's likely to happen tomorrow? Delay, maybe...?

At least it isn't in Japan.

When is that tour by the way?