Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Can anyone honestly see the SFA expelling Rangers? They don't have the balls.

Not a chance.

They will come through all this smelling of roses as i have thought from the start, too many **** in high places.

Edited by ShedruleFTD83

However, If you agree to join that association then you agree to be bound by its rules. If you don't then you can leave not challenge the decision because it doesn't particularly suit you once you have breached said rules.

Well, of course the 'rules' are the problem here especially when the Association is making them up on the fly.

Like I said before, the Lord Glennie has essentially overturned Lord Carloway, a more senior judge, and returned the case to him to revise his verdict. I don't think he will be best pleased and I don't see him changing his opinion. Senior judges are notoriously stubborn on points of law.

With the legal expertise put into this case by the SFA I find it hard to criticise the outcome of the two tribunals even if they have essentially been nullified in court. The appeals framework should have specified CAS as an appeal of last resort cut Rangers should've accepted their punishment. Now we have a farce.

But Lord Carloway was not acting in his role as a Court of Session judge and was not interpreting a point of law.

10.11 Final and binding

10.11.1 A Tribunal's Determination may only be challenged by an appeal as set

out in this Protocol. Such appeals shall be conducted in accordance with

this Protocol. Subject thereto, the Determination shall be the full, final and

complete Determination of the Case(s) and will be final and binding on

the Parties and there shall be no further right of challenge in respect of

Determinations of Tribunals.

That is the paragraph that seems to say there is no recognised appeal to CAS.

Okay, so what does 'Protocol' refer to here? Is this taken from the SFA rules? If so, then would 'this Protocol' not include the previously posted article which states that all members have a right of appeal to CAS?

In a democratic society, we all have the right to seek redress before the courts. That is not a right that any 'private association' can take away.

Perhaps not, but the SPL can tell Rangers to f**k off out its club as they are not wanted as they refuse to play by the rules.

Something i hope they do.

Rangers have now caught the attention of FIFA. Silly move.

SFA "very surprised with the verdict and considering position with their legal advisors"

raman just said on stv news

Well, they were never going to say that they expected to lose in court, were they?

No ,so it begs the question if they can't ban them from signing players and they are desperate to keep them in the SPL ,,what will they do?slap on the wrist? So we could start next season with rangers having no debt and fresh investments to buy players , they could arguable be the strongest team financially next season?! :lol: :lol:

I'd be surprised if that isnt the case tbh.

Well, of course the 'rules' are the problem here especially when the Association is making them up on the fly.

This may be a strange concept but how about, instead of whinging about rule breaking punishments that allow the flexibility used and that Rangers agreed to, you just don't break the flaming rules in the first place?

blink.gif No the problem here is Rangers fucking over every person in the UK with their tax avoidance. Failure to pay transfer funds for players they are now trying to sell to make a fast buck. Overiding rules when it suits THEM, like paying PAYE. So to come on here and bleat about the rules when your team broke as many as possible to stay on top of the pile is a complete and utter joke.

Thinking about it from a FIFA point of view (who do not have the interests of Rangers fans at heart like the SFA do), surely this could result in a crushing blow to Rangers if they were to get involved.

Imo, a transfer embargo and a small fine was pretty lenient in comparison to what could of got flung at them.

Rangers 'till July is still looking good to me :ph34r:

I presume we are no closer to knowing the result of the big tax case?

Follow Follower's seem to think that the CVA hinges on R*ngers competing in all domestic competitions next season. Would that rule out a potential SC ban?

In letter yes, but in practice, I doubt Green would go for it with SPL + SC + LC but walkaway if SPL + LC only. They could lose their 1st tie anyway.

You are joking!!!!!!

Nope.

Just on the BBC news. Pretty outrageous by any measure.

Surely HMRC must submit a winding-up application now, and the insolvency regulators hammer this crew.

This is why I was saying the CoS ruling is a sideshow.

I mean this with the utmost sincerity; are you and other Rangers fans like you honestly attempting to hide behind certain pages of the very rulebook that you have chosen to wipe your collective shite covered arses with for the past 10 years? You choose to bleat about 'making up rules' when for years you have chosen which ones you're going to abide by and which ones you weren't. Hypocrisy at its very finest, well done sir, well done indeed.....dry.gif