Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

So the CVA is put forward and it comes as Greens offer is a loan to be repaid by 2020.

Surely there is a law of getting not credit whilst in administration? For that what it is - credit. Indeed, is that not H+D increasing the debt whilst in administration?

I am not sure if this is a good decision for Rangers. The SFA clearly want to be seen to be dealing effectively with the situation.

It is entirely possible that when the SFA re-examine this case, they may well have to re-consider whether or not expulsion is too severe a sanction in light of what has happened.

Now it has been established in law, that their hands are tied in terms of a transfer ban, they may decide that expulsion may indeed be the only option that offers an effective punishment and deterrent to future wrongdoers.

Don't hold your breath!

Rangers counsel Richard Keen QC, the Dean of the Faculty of Advocates, told the court: "We are the victim of an unlawful sanction and we have had imposed on us a sanction that the SFA panel had no right to impose."

Mr Keen had argued that the transfer ban was outside its powers and said that under the appropriate rule a fine, suspension and expulsion were available.

Expulsion it is then, KICK THEM OUT!

I don't care whether it comes from the SFA, UEFA or FIFA.

The SFA clearly want to be seen to be dealing effectively with the situation.

Aaaaahahahahahahahaha! :lol:

...they may decide that expulsion may indeed be the only option that offers an effective punishment and deterrent to future wrongdoers.

Aaaaahahahahahahahaha! :lol:

I am not sure if this is a good decision for Rangers. The SFA clearly want to be seen to be dealing effectively with the situation.

It is entirely possible that when the SFA re-examine this case, they may well have to re-consider whether or not expulsion is too severe a sanction in light of what has happened.

Now it has been established in law, that their hands are tied in terms of a transfer ban, they may decide that expulsion may indeed be the only option that offers an effective punishment and deterrent to future wrongdoers.

Don't hold your breath!

then again they may do what they are good at ---------feck all

So even if the SFA have cocked up, they now have FIFA on their backs to deal with it in the correct manner. That means now the SFA have Rangers by the balls now so if Rangers were to serve the ruling the SFA can be ready with the eviction letter.

From Gregory Ioannoidis (Lawtop20 blog):

"On the face of it, an argument could be made that Rangers had no choice but to file such an application before the Court of Session. This is because the rules of the SFA do not allow for a further appeal to the CAS and the decisions of its disciplinary bodies are final and binding. Rangers do not have the time and probably the resources to challenge the legality of the rules that do not allow for an appeal to the CAS. Instead, they decided to challenge something that could...."

I'm not entirely clear where he drew this from, but he's on Newsnight Scotland tonight so perhaps will quote the SFA's imperfect rulesbook there.

http://lawtop20.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/civil-action-recipe-for-disaster.html#more

So, it looks like the Buns have won the bingo on the Titanic. What are they going to spend their winnings on, at the bottom of the Atlantic ocean?

The only question here is, when Rangers go under, are they going to pull the national team and the CL/UEFA Cup teams down with them? The choice for the SFA looks like being "Hammer Rangers, who deserve significantly worse than the puny punishments they've already had... or drop everyone else in Scotland down the toilet".

Good God. If nobody liked them before, as their song went, they're going to lose popularity contests to Ian Huntley, Harold Shipman and the Yorkshire Ripper after this one. It was bad enough when their long years of fraud and cheating only meant that we all stood to lose out on a bit more cash than we did when they were stealing trophies. This situation makes that look like shoplifting Mars bars.

I'm certain it will have been mentioned over the 20 pages or so since the court decision but this gives the SFA the biggest decision they're ever likely to make - will they really chuck Rangers out of Scottish football?

I really do hope the have the balls to follow through on the punishment they were originally thinking of dishing out.

1338308258[/url]' post='6284208']

The CoS review wasn't about guilt or innocence but about punishment for guilt - which was never in dispute.

Your comment is just wrong and makes me think you're either preternaturally stupid or just trying to make mischief.

I am quite aware of that. Read my posts. Some of your fellow supporters are not. Some are perfectly aware of this but are blurring the distinctions -- see, e.g. No.8 saying the judge found the sanction "unjust". Thus the comment.

If you are implying I am preternaturally stupid because I didn't include the phrase "a large vocal minority" explicitly in my statement, and that any comment about the reaction of a group of supporters requires such clarification, that seems a bit harsh, but fair enough as long as you under all circumstances can post in compliance with the same high standards.

I hope they do and hammer the SFA for bringing the game into disrepute.

Rangers were left with no option but to go to the court of session to finally get justice after they lost their appeal to the SFA and were blocked from going to the Court of Arbitration

justice from fucking what? Screwing the government over? Small businesses? Have a word with yourself mate.

Or they can thank Lord Glennie for his advice, and then sit on it. Taking a tip or two from Duff & Duffer they can stretch out any decision for a couple of months (at least).

Meanwhile they can take on the dual contract scandal, given the facts confirmed by 'Honest Billy' Dodds. http://scotslawthoug...-a-smoking-gun/

Enough information can be obtained within a week to move to expulsion. This will make the transfer embargo irrelevant.

Meanwhile HMRC can start to give the carcass a good kicking. laugh.gif

And meanwhile, they can firm up the rulebook at next months AGM...?

Apparently it wasnt an option in the SFA's rule book huh.gif

Anyone who read the tribunal regulations would have figured this out. I was surprised that this wasn't picked up by the review panel, TBH. I assumed there must have been some caveat that effectively permitted them to make the rules up as they went along (as the SPL seem to utilise in terms of their regulations <_< ) and this is why the original appeal was thrown out.

The SFA find themselves in an invidious position over this. They'll have seen the BBC documentary, and will struggle to justify reverting to a more lenient sanction option given the level of public scrutiny - albeit the documentary concentrated on a different period in the club's shady recent history - but will they have the bottle to impose anything else? A one year ban from the Scottish Cup seems the obvious option (as predicted when the original appeal sat). Pretty toothless, if so.

The CVA is today's big news, though. It is an absolute nonsense, and this CoS developemnt is little more than a sideshow.

I'm certain it will have been mentioned over the 20 pages or so since the court decision but this gives the SFA the biggest decision they're ever likely to make - will they really chuck Rangers out of Scottish football?

I really do hope the have the balls to follow through on the punishment they were originally thinking of dishing out.

that's exactly what they'll do ! rolleyes.gif

This may have been answered already, but I'll ask anyway as this thread is growing exponentially!

I notice there is some debate about whether Rangers had the mechanism to take this case to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

The SFA Handbook (available on scottishfa.co.uk) is littered with references to the CAS in the judicial panel section.

If that is the case, then why did Rangers go to the Court of Session?

10.11 Final and binding

10.11.1 A Tribunal's Determination may only be challenged by an appeal as set

out in this Protocol. Such appeals shall be conducted in accordance with

this Protocol. Subject thereto, the Determination shall be the full, final and

complete Determination of the Case(s) and will be final and binding on

the Parties and there shall be no further right of challenge in respect of

Determinations of Tribunals.

That is the paragraph that seems to say there is no recognised appeal to CAS.

So, it looks like the Buns have won the bingo on the Titanic. What are they going to spend their winnings on, at the bottom of the Atlantic ocean?

The only question here is, when Rangers go under, are they going to pull the national team and the CL/UEFA Cup teams down with them? The choice for the SFA looks like being "Hammer Rangers, who deserve significantly worse than the puny punishments they've already had... or drop everyone else in Scotland down the toilet".

Good God. If nobody liked them before, as their song went, they're going to lose popularity contests to Ian Huntley, Harold Shipman and the Yorkshire Ripper after this one. It was bad enough when their long years of fraud and cheating only meant that we all stood to lose out on a bit more cash than we did when they were stealing trophies. This situation makes that look like shoplifting Mars bars.

Well said The Rodent!!

I'm not contacting FIFA just yet.

Wee Sepp Blatter might be thinking:-

'Corrupt Scots?, yeah these African FA's are right, let's abolish Scottish fitba and let the English FA rule over them, Team GB's going ahead thanks to the thicko's at the BOA, so I could sweep all the shite out in a oner'

Hmm..