Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

It won't achieve anything. The SPL chairmen will be more than willing to bend over and take it up the arse from Rangers so long as they get their money. They're shitting themselves in that they, and their predecessors, have bought into the SPL bubble and that they're faced with losing one half of the attraction. Downsizing might actually mean they have to work to draw in crowds. The SPL chairmen have no interest in any fans whatsoever, or what shame Rangers bring upon Scottish football. They just want money. Its their sole motivation.

Hate to say but i agree entirely and this is what i have been saying for a while now...Forget Sporting Integrity, Fair Play and all the rest of the bollocks...The SPL is all about keeping all the money generated by the OF with a select few and f**k the rest of Scottish football.

The whole system has to be shaken up ad re-launched starting with a pyramid system and larger top flight or if not a 14 team top Division an SPL2 who will see some of the money filter down the system.

I'm sure they'd have something to say about ALL Scottish clubs being barred from European competitions......not to mention the National team.

It genuinely wouldn't surprise me if they turned around and said "Europe is all fair and well but it only happens so often for a club like St Johnstone/Motherwell/St Mirren/Dundee United etc. Without Rangers we'll go bust, we'll take the ban" rolleyes.gif

Can't the SFA appeal the CoS result? It would mean even more money for lawyers so they surely could.

As a little sideshow, we are again seeing what a farce the legal system is. Solicitors are right up there with MP's and bankers as corrupt b*****ds.

Tbf sport (like anything else in life) has to be governed within a general principle of fairness. That has to include the observation of rules, and a suitable right of appeal, particularly when claiming rules were wrongly applied.

This could get messy for the SFA, remember FC Sion? FIFA demanded the Swiss FA take action for bringing it up in a civil court or face suspension. FIFA hate it when clubs involve the civil courts.

Aye, but there would be an element of context.

Have we had a conclusive media line yet about the CAS element?

That's the important bit. Did SFA unjustifiably put Rangers between a rock and a hard place, or did Rangers act pre-emptively/outrageously by going to court?

5.1 All members shall:

© recognise and submit to the jurisdiction of the Court of Arbitration for Sport as specified in the relevant provisions of the FIFA Statutes and the UEFA Statutes;<br class="Apple-interchange-newline" >

so if i understand this correctly, then rankers didn't need the sfa's permission to got to the CAS ??unsure.gif

According to No8, this isn't true. Still waiting for proof though. Not that I doubt him y'understand. ;)

It is no longer hampered by the original judicial panel because they have now compounded the original offence by going to court against FIFA Statute Article 64 - and Lord Glennie conceded today that Rangers HAD "brought the game into disrepute", the upheld charge to which the punishments were given for.

The SFA now have every excuse they need to expel Rangers.

This. In a nutshell again mate. Rangers simply can't ask that the decision be made on sanctions available and then complain if one is expulsion. The whole process has to be reviewed from the start, including whether or not the decision/statement that expulsion was too harsh a punishment.

This could get messy for the SFA, remember FC Sion? FIFA demanded the Swiss FA take action for bringing it up in a civil court or face suspension. FIFA hate it when clubs involve the civil courts.

The FC Sion situation was very different to the Rangers one. While FIFA did demand that the Swiss FA punish Sion for going to the courts, as a factual matter, that punishment never happened.

“The executive committee decided to give a final deadline of January 13 to the Swiss FA to enforce the registration ban imposed on Sion… and to sanction the attitude of the club repeatedly trying to circumvent this decision in a legally abusive manner,” says a FIFA statement. However, Swiss FA spokesman Peter Gilleron tells a news conference FIFA’s demand is “impractical,”

Reuters 12/17/2011

Hate to say but i agree entirely and this is what i have been saying for a while now...Forget Sporting Integrity, Fair Play and all the rest of the bollocks...The SPL is all about keeping all the money generated by the OF with a select few and f**k the rest of Scottish football.

The whole system has to be shaken up ad re-launched starting with a pyramid system and larger top flight or if not a 14 team top Division an SPL2 who will see some of the money filter down the system.

Agreed, as long as your team starts at the bottom of the pyramid. :P

Jesus H Christ, it's not even gone past an hour since the Court verdict, give them some time FFS <_<

Thats not the point I was making, they have had the time since Rangers informed the SFA of their decision to take it to a civil court. FIFA have had plenty of time since then and done bugger all and will continue to do so. Unlike others I base this on their actions so far and not on assumptions of what they will/can do. FIFA if anything will take action against the SFA not Rangers for making a complete arse of this whole debacle due to their inability to deal with this appropriately, How can they when an ex Rangers director who has been outed as receiving EBTs from the club sits at the top of the SFA association.

I fear your right.......when its official I hope both You (Rangers & Celtic) enjoy dining on Scottish footballs rotten, putrid carcass.

I'm no expert (Ad Lib?) but I understand the principle of Roman law in Scots civil proceedings. We will know more once Lord Glennie publishes his judgement in several week's time, but in Scotland, the judge has a role in considering the relative merits of each argument and coming to a decision based (broadly) on what he has heard.

To me, I'd have expected Lord Carloway, on the SFA appeal panel, to have had this in mind. He's just received a bitch slap from Lord Glennie in that Glennie has decide that, in the absence of a specifically tough pre determined sanction, the SFA were wrong to opt for a halfway house.

I'm a bit surprised since I had thought that he would have respected the rights of an Association to runs its affairs within its own rules as it saw fit.

The SFA could appeal, but of course they won't because of their own FIFA rules that forbid taking footballing matters to court. Ho hum.

fucksakes.. bet the fuckers get away with everything... this thread really does detail a collective emotional rollercoaster...

It's only a rollercoaster if you actually believe that Scottish football lives in the real world and believes in fairness. Sorry, but it doesn't.

Guest Kincardine

The fact the Orcs seem to think this means a court has found them innocent of wrongdoing is unedifying.

The CoS review wasn't about guilt or innocence but about punishment for guilt - which was never in dispute.

Your comment is just wrong and makes me think you're either preternaturally stupid or just trying to make mischief.

I fear your right.......when its official I hope both You (Rangers & Celtic) enjoy dining on Scottish footballs rotten, putrid carcass.

We have to change the system and pointing the finger of blame at others while doing nothing to bring about change doesn't help anybody.

What threat?

That they'll be watching?

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/103811-fifa-warn-scottish-fa-they-must-punish-rangers-for-using-law-courts/

the threat to deal with it in such a way that the gers are dissuaded from going to COS

which evidently they haven't done

Edited by rustyarabnuts