Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

What rangers (and celtic) did through the 90 and 2000s was to strangle the life not just out of Scottish football but also themselves. They created a hype around their spending that brought in a regular attendance and commercial income beyond anything they had seen in their histories, but was entirely unsustainable because it was based on ego and not fact.

They saw a golden egg based on what was happening in England & Europe and allowed themselves to be suckered into spending money they didn't have in the idiotic belief they were major players in the European 'market place' . They never were and never will be, and celtic, to their credit, realised that before the ibrox morons, early enough at least to stop the haemorrhaging but at the same time have seen nearly 20% of their fans drift away in a few years without the hype with the likelihood of more going over the next few years.

No 8's contention that The Rest depend on the OF is entirely arse over tit and is the ramblings of the same self serving hype that has left 'his' club completely fucked; if the OF had played fair ( and legally) over the last 20 years it's likely that Aberdeen, Hearts, United and others wouldn't have completely raxed themselves trying to keep up and would still be genuine challengers.

If Sky had been around in the 1980s & 1990s Aberdeen, Hearts & United would all have been major TV draws because they were all in the mix even though the cheating had already begun in Govan.

TV isn't to blame for the demise of Scottish football, that charge lies fair and square at the door of the OF and their self serving ego trip, they have fucked our game and the only redeeming aspect in that is going to be watching them both go through the wringer in the next few years.

i can't work out whether you're troll or a fucking imbecile :blink:

7-2 is neither. From my experience, makes good points and has a clue what he's on about.

Shouting 'troll' when you can't argue the point won't get you far on here.

I'd be interested to see the figures but I wouldn't be surprised if our lowest home end crowds of the season were against rangers and celtic.

Falkirk in the SPL was the same unsure.gif

Even though the home end was more empty than usual, because we gave the Old firm such a small allocation you could easily spot the Weegie in the home end.

I remember 1 week just before we were playing Rangers, i was down at our shop and just as i was walking out a ned mobile draws up, 2 Weegies wearing Rangers tops (what else do they wear) get out and put a tracky top over their Rangers tops and walk into our shop to get ticketsmad.gif

You can't make it up. The grand plan of going through to Falkirk to buy home end tickets and look like Falkirk fans, what do you not wear?

THICK FUX

If hellbhoy really thinks Celtic were dire throughout the 80s, then we have another OF fan who lives in another galaxy. 4 League titles, 4 Scottish Cups and 1 League Cup. What a trouper for putting up with that shite!

:D cheers I'll troop on hoping that is the trophy horde in the next 10 years and wish the newco rangers don't win all the ones we didn't win.Who knows maybe the accies will win their first major trophy in that time scale as well.

Scottish Cup Final, no biggylaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

It'll be a culture shock for you next season if you're lucky enough to be involved in Scottish cup round 1.

It will be even worse when you get hammered by a team you've never heard of.

If hellbhoy really thinks Celtic were dire throughout the 80s, then we have another OF fan who lives in another galaxy. 4 League titles, 4 Scottish Cups and 1 League Cup. What a trouper for putting up with that shite!

That won't be enough though, for either arse cheek - their 50,000 and 60,000 crowds were built on the understanding that they are major European players, as the realisation sinks i that they aren't even mid ranking European players their glory hunting hordes will fuckoff like sna' aff a dyke and likely return to the 80s numbers

Add to that a Celtic fan invading the pitch to attack an opposition player and hitting a Rapid Vienna player with a Buckfast bottle.

The pitch was a disgrace as well if anyone can remember Jimmy Gilmour's winner there for Falkirk.

Enough of Celtic though, 11 more sleeps until Rangers die I reckon.

That won't be enough though, for either arse cheek - their 50,000 and 60,000 crowds were built on the understanding that they are major European players, as the realisation sinks i that they aren't even mid ranking European players their glory hunting hordes will fuckoff like sna' aff a dyke and likely return to the 80s numbers

To be fair I hear Hooper is signing a knew contract.ph34r.gif

Just wanted to say as a kilmarnock supporter I utterly deplore Michael Johnston's comments. They are in no way representative of my feelings or of any killie fans I know. I hope supporters of other clubs will not turn against us just because we are saddled with this idiot as a one man board.

Maybe the Rangers fans on here can make themselves useful and tell me a few things about this CVA the taxman is about to pish himself at.

Are Rangers ripping up the deal with JJB?

How did that deal work anyway? I'm assuming you sold out on strip sales for x years?

Are Rangers about to say bye bye to the ticketus deal too?

What happens if the CVA is rejected, can you sell season tickets?

7-2 is neither. From my experience, makes good points and has a clue what he's on about.

Shouting 'troll' when you can't argue the point won't get you far on here.

well maybe you should go back and actually read the post that i was replying to, and then come back and point out the irony in stereotyping large groups of people, then telling them tht they're unwelcome because they're different.

and to think it's you cvnts that go around calling all OF fans bigots :lol:

If Sky had been around in the 1980s & 1990s Aberdeen, Hearts & United would all have been major TV draws because they were all in the mix even though the cheating had already begun in Govan.

TV isn't to blame for the demise of Scottish football, that charge lies fair and square at the door of the OF and their self serving ego trip, they have fucked our game and the only redeeming aspect in that is going to be watching them both go through the wringer in the next few years.

But it was around in the 80's (late) onwards, hell some pubs had both the minidish and the squarial before the merger to BSkyB.

I wish the ability to stop live games was still around, it used to be amusing when a League Cup replay from say East Stirling, would stop a Man U v Liverpool game being televised.

On another note, popped out to the local hotel to watch the Celtic/Norwich game and bumped into Lee Wallaces grandad who is up North on a coachtrip. He said that the players were fed scraps of info at the beginning and then virtually nothing. Wallace has not got a clue whats going to happen, finds out facts/gossip from the papers and has no idea where he will be playing next season. Shockerooooni.