Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

On 13/09/2023 at 12:51, bennett said:

SIR ALEX FERGUSON has taken aim at the clubs who voted to expel Rangers from the Scottish top flight during their financial turmoil.

And the Scottish managerial great reckons a drop in attendances as the Ibrox side worked their way back through the divisions following administration and liquidation was "a lesson" to them.

Ten of the 12 then SPL clubs voted to remove the Ibrox side from the top tier back in the summer of 2012 - with Kilmarnock abstaining and Rangers themselves voting against.

The SFL then voted to re-admit the Ibrox men at the bottom tier as they embarked on their journey back through the divisions.

And Ferguson - speaking in a major interview for Rangers TV - has hailed the Ibrox fans for "keeping their dignity".

He reckons they could easily have punished teams who voted them out by saying "well I'm not going there".

Ferguson said: "I think it was a lesson to the ones who voted to put them out, because the crowds went down, they were missing the Rangers fans.

"I can't remember all the reasons why that happened but they could have found a better solution to it because at the end of the day the health of the game is derived around supporters and those supporters weren't there.

"But to get back, it was a long journey, it wasn't overnight.

"I was surprised about Rangers, after they got back in the Premier League, they [the fans] still travelled.

"They could easily have said 'well I'm not going there, you voted us out'. But they kept their dignity unlike others.

Crowds went down? Nope. Fans were glad to see the back of them. Crowds increased. 

It is either old age or deliberate ignorance behind why he can't recall the reasons why. 

The club was liquidated for being linked to a bunch of financial crooks. They had to apply for "associate" membership. A status that didn't exist and was invented by the SFA to get a new club in. Along with the same invention of "imperfectly registered" players. A completely invented SFA decision. 

It's called corruption, Alex. From the very top all the way to Ibrox. 

Total shite article. 

On 15/11/2023 at 07:35, LuboMoravcik said:

I agree regarding the ticketing. My preference would be to see the old allocations come back but I don't see that happening any time soon.

And it’s certainly not Celtic’s fault and I’d take the old allocation system back in a minute,I remember back in the day we used to get about 26-30 tickets for Ibrox all in the one row in the Broomloan,I’ll be at Celtic park for next game agst them and they’ll not get any so a stadium full of jungle Jim’s will be great,mon the Hoops 🍀

• 3 months later...
The Hunts will soon be able to sell their shares more easily.
 British finance minister Jeremy Hunt is drawing up plans to allow UK private companies to offer shares on exchanges, the Financial Times reported on Saturday.
The Private Intermittent Securities and Capital Exchange System (Pisces) would act as a crossover between public and private markets allowing for some liquidity in the shares of private companies without the regulatory burden of a public listing, the FT said.