Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Sorry, but if we`re being offered moving to a 16 team top league with the immediate introduction of play offs then they`ve come up with a deal I`d go for. I presume that other inducements involving the more equitable sharing of money would also be involved. To me the SFL will have achieved pretty much everything they`ve wanted. I`d also add that such a deal will almost certainly mean the end of cockwomble.

Sevco start in the 1st. I can live with it. I said months ago that league reconstruction was to me at least as important as dealing with TTFKAR

Well if they don't want a pyramid below them - none of them better refer to the SPL as the 'self preservation league' ever again.

I don't think it's a secret really that they don't want a pyramid? Surely though, the teams in the 'divisions' below would need to agree to this too? What of the junior teams that don't want involved in the senior game, or highland league clubs that like their existing set up?

Once again, this is just hashed out nonsense, easily dissected to being another desperate attempt to get Sevco towards the top of the ladder.

Any chairman/board worth their salt will see right through this.

Interestingly, the 'joint statement' is already on our official website and twitter. Go figure. :rolleyes:

If Rangers are shoehorned in at the expense of reconstruction, when they finally get back to the SPL do they change it back to the originally shitey setup so they can all keep their slice of the pie? I can't trust these chancers.

Why don't the SFL get Turnbull Hutton and the Clyde guy to do the negotiating with the SPL ? We'd soon see a proper and fair resolution.

If the clubs don't take the initiative, Doncaster and Regan will be there with loads of MBA type talk, hurling numbers and figures (which don't add up), doom and conflagration. Unless the clubs do it their way.

Hopefully the clubs will say 'right, give us your proposals on paper'. 'Now you can get out'. 'We are adult enough to make up our own minds, when we have decided we will let you know'.

Can't see Longmuir having the guts to do this. So I do think the Fife contingent alongside Clyde need to put them in their place right at the start, before they do any more damage.

In fact the best terminology to use for Regan and Doncaster might be 'Youse 2, on yer bikes'.

I've been to a couple Rangers games, and to be honest in those games, I found nothing particularly offensive about the singing. In the subway beforehand, that was a different story, but the games themselves were fairly tame. That usually (but not always) seems to be the case when I see Rangers on tv. There is a bigoted element, but many Rangers fans are perfectly decent people.

^^^ quisling apologist imo

If Rangers are shoehorned in at the expense of reconstruction, when they finally get back to the SPL do they change it back to the originally shitey setup so they can all keep their slice of the pie? I can't trust these chancers.

No

Because they'll leave Scotland behind in order to join Ajax, Porto, Celtic, The Klangers, R'lyeh United and Tatooine Rovers in the Galactic mega league that we've been keeping them back from.

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

THE BLUEPRINT

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s2&newsid=11476

So clubs aren't voting on actual proposals... they are voting on a committee being established, and it deciding on something by November. It says an enlarged top division; but there's no actual details.

We're also basically right back to square one - it's effectively the national league part of the McLeish Review starting all over again.

And it doesn't mention the saving Rangers part :lol:!!

Massive off-topic apologies but mibbes a bit of light relief in these worrying hours

QC today asked John Terry how many times he'd been sent off?

"Can you say, please? Four times?"

John Terry answered: "Please, please, please, please"

I'm not even lying...

Edited by Bob Roth

Sorry, but if we`re being offered moving to a 16 team top league with the immediate introduction of play offs then they`ve come up with a deal I`d go for. I presume that other inducements involving the more equitable sharing of money would also be involved. To me the SFL will have achieved pretty much everything they`ve wanted. I`d also add that such a deal will almost certainly mean the end of cockwomble.

Sevco start in the 1st. I can live with it. I said months ago that league reconstruction was to me at least as important as dealing with TTFKAR

We are NOT being offered a 16 team SPL.

All that they are promising is a committee to look at everything.

What's not to like about that ?

The Scottish FA, the Scottish Premier League and the Scottish Football League have, for the past two years, been involved in a series of discussions at Board level with the objective of securing radical and co-ordinated reconstruction of the game in this country.

Today, we are asking clubs to consider a package of reforms which have the potential to rejuvenate Scottish football at senior level and safeguard its future at a time when uncertainty and fear prevail.

The proposals are based on five principles previously outlined by the Scottish FA as key to streamlining Governance, ensuring greater financial distribution and above all, providing better entertainment, enhanced competition and value for money for supporters.

Upon agreement by the respective Boards, the proposals will placed before the SPL and SFL clubs for approval to be activated immediately and phased in over a two-year period.

A working party will be formed, including three representatives from both the SPL and SFL, to devise a new structure for the senior professional game in Scotland. This group will have an independent Chairman appointed by the Scottish FA. They will be tasked with delivering by 30th November, 2012, a recommendation for structural change effective 2013/14. This will incorporate primarily:

The introduction of an enlarged top tier for Scottish Senior Professional Football.

A new detailed model for senior professional football in Scotland including number of divisions; number of clubs per division; number of matches per season per division; number of promotion and relegation places per division and the introduction and operation of play-offs.

An all-through distribution model providing certainty for all clubs as to the percentage of distributable income which will be received. As a minimum, clubs in the current third and fourth divisions will receive the settlement agreement proportion guaranteed as per the current arrangement. In addition, the value and number of parachute payments to relegated clubs will be considered.

The introduction of a pyramid for Scottish football to provide a route for licensed clubs to enter the new structure effective 2014/2015

In the event that a final decision is not reached by 30th November 2012, the Scottish FA will seek to implement a new structure in time for the 2013/2014 season. The members of the working party including Chairman will be announced in the near future and will ensure consultation with all stakeholders prior to final recommendations being made.

Have just highlighted the weasel words. Words which say nothing other than 'intent' or 'best endeavours'.

Like little Red Riding Hood being conned by the wicked pair of foxes. rolleyes.gif

I don't suppose you could have mentioned governance? Like getting article and constitution that actually mean something and can be enforced.

Otherwise it is all just trying to build on sand.

Edited by thelegendthatis

The SFL can get all of that by simply using the bargaining chip - Sevco in Div 3 or Sevco out of senior football.

The former depends on changes to the league set-up.

The latter would be a problem for the SPL and the SFA.

From the BBC

Last year, SPL clubs considered and eventually rejected plans to reduce the amount of clubs in top league to 10, with chairman Ralph Topping and chief executive Neil Doncaster claiming a 16-team division was not financially viable.

Regan was also an advocate of a 10-team SPL.

So what's changed?

Nothing really. It's a big shitty mess and Regan, Doncaster and their bitch Longmuir appear to want it to stay that way.

Next move in the comedy saga that is Scottish Football? Well frankly, I can see the SFL clubs telling them to F*ck Right Off with their mafia behaviour, and Spivco then getting shoehorned back into the SPL.

Backslapping all round in SFA/SPL HQ's.

Of course, none of this would happen if Longmuir had any spine or could grow a set of nads. The first chance the diddy teams have had to wield power in years, and Longmuir rolls over to have his balls tickled.

An absolute fucking joke.