Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Oh don't you start too! Please don't tell me that this paragraph says that The SPL reserved the right to amend the decision of the LNS Commission based on the outcome of HMRCs appeal. You surely can't believe this is what the paragraph posted means?

Of course I don't.

Where do I suggest that I do?

Oh don't you start too! Please don't tell me that this paragraph says that The SPL reserved the right to amend the decision of the LNS Commission based on the outcome of HMRCs appeal. You surely can't believe this is what the paragraph posted means?

The intrepid journalist does and apparently so do his followers.

So basically, much like huge cash payments that never have to be paid back were "loans", cheating isn't cheating unless there's a specific rule that declares that precisely this form of cheating is cheating.

The really glaring thing about every defence that's come from Rangers over their cheating - or financial malfeasance, or bad sportsmanship, or whatever you want to call it - is that you can only make sense of it if you screw your eyes up, stand on your head and work from the assumption that it's perfectly normal for people in sport to tell stonking great lies, if it's in their interest to do so.

So basically, much like huge cash payments that never have to be paid back were "loans", cheating isn't cheating unless there's a specific rule that declares that precisely this form of cheating is cheating.

The really glaring thing about every defence that's come from Rangers over their cheating - or financial malfeasance, or bad sportsmanship, or whatever you want to call it - is that you can only make sense of it if you screw your eyes up, stand on your head and work from the assumption that it's perfectly normal for people in sport to tell stonking great lies, if it's in their interest to do so.

There's your mechanism.

Quite right though, yes you broke the rules but there's nothing in the rules that says breaking the rules is against the rules. That club should have died of shame before HMRC nailed its lid shut.

Edited by williemillersmoustache

There's your mechanism.

Quite right though, yes you broke the rules but there's nothing in the rules that says breaking the rules us against the rules. That club should have died of shame before HMRC nailed its lid shut.

I imagine there's nothing in the rules to prohibit clubs from robbing banks or selling cocaine to raise cash to buy players either, but if we're saying that there's literally nothing we can do to deal with bad sportsmanship in sport, we might as well pack up the game and move on to tiddlywinks instead.

The entire situation is absurd, but only because the football authorities have absolutely no desire to confront it.

Great post.

I imagine there's nothing in the rules to prohibit clubs from robbing banks or selling cocaine to raise cash to buy players either, but if we're saying that there's literally nothing we can do to deal with bad sportsmanship in sport, we might as well pack up the game and move on to tiddlywinks instead.

The entire situation is absurd, but only because the football authorities have absolutely no desire to confront it.

We look for leadership and instead get cowardice and more than a little outright complicity.

I'd obviously hoped Rangers wouldn't contest this, but they were always likely to.

There must in fact be a decent chance that they'll win. It seems that this decision is on a knife edge and really does divide legal opinion.

Obviously though, there's no debate regarding the morality of this and what common decency as well as common sense, tells us must happen.

If Rangers win this court case, I will start paying part of my income to my daughter for here to do with as she wishes.

If Rangers win this court case, I will start paying part of my income to my daughter for here to do with as she wishes.

Here or there?

More seriously, one can pay/give/manage money for one's children. That it needs a CoS judgement against Rangers to make you think about this makes you a fool. Not that we didn't know that ;)

Edited by The_Kincardine

So now Sevco and Hibs are on the same points in the Championship.

Off the park things are very reminiscent of the time when Rangers ran out of money, before they died. Is the Magic Hat going the same way as Sally? Didn't Rangers have a substantial lead over Celtic in the first half of the season before running out of money on Valentine's Day?

It would be quite a coincidence for the same thing to happen at Sevco. Almost as if both businesses were beset by the same combination of gross financial mismanagement and not being very good at football.

So now Sevco and Hibs are on the same points in the Championship.

Off the park things are very reminiscent of the time when Rangers ran out of money, before they died. Is the Magic Hat going the same way as Sally? Didn't Rangers have a substantial lead over Celtic in the first half of the season before running out of money on Valentine's Day?

It would be quite a coincidence for the same thing to happen at Sevco. Almost as if both businesses were beset by the same combination of gross financial mismanagement and not being very good at football.

You posted the same shite before:

I'm not into omens and stuff, but is this season on the pitch starting to seem like the season when Rangers went into administration (before they died)?

Wasn't Sally's team way out in front at one point and then Celtic pegged them back around the end of the year? Then it was all over by Valentine's Day, because the ran out of money.

It would be a funny coincidence if the same thing happened to Sevco.

It was dull as ditch water 'over there' and nothing has changed.

Here or there?

More seriously, one can pay/give/manage money for one's children. That it needs a CoS judgement against Rangers to make you think about this makes you a fool. Not that we didn't know that ;)

Load of bollocks. I can not redirect my wages to my daughter without incurring a tax charge at MY rate of tax.

You posted the same shite before:

It was dull as ditch water 'over there' and nothing has changed.

It might be repetition, it might also be dull, and it might also be true!

The rangers better be hoping that the three bears (snigger) have deep pockets and don't buy too many expensive christmas presents for their families this year.......

It might be repetition, it might also be dull, and it might also be true!

The rangers better be hoping that the three bears (snigger) have deep pockets and don't buy too many expensive christmas presents for their families this year.......

I can certainly see them having to sell a couple of their better players in January to make ends meet. If that happens, then they could well start to struggle to keep pace.

I'd love to see Hibs stick in a cheeky low bid for Waghorn.