Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Celtic statement

e aware of last week's Court of Session ruling, which we note is subject to potential appeal. "Celtic's position on this issue is consistent - that this remains a matter for the courts of law and also the Scottish football authorities whose rules are intended to uphold sporting integrity."In 2013, we expressed surprise - shared by many observers and supporters of the game - over the findings of the SPL Commission that no competitive or sporting advantage had resulted. That remains our view."

Not enough vague threats to enemies of Celtic, imo.

But seriously, that's a decent enough statement

Aye, because everybody in Yorkshire gives a Fúck. The only impact your lot have here is a slight infestation of bigots on MOT.* Moron.

* Oh,I forgot the biggest the rangers supporters club in England. Remember No8 told us about them? So big in Sheffield they couldn't fill a bus, and had to hold their meetings fifty miles away in Mansfield - meaning Yorkshire's loyal actually met in Nottinghamshire. In a very small pub.

It was one of those jokes that I was telling you about Norm.

Sorry n all that.

That statement certainly has the cretins on RM absolutely beeling :lol:

Good old sporting integrity, everyone's favourite buzzwords and the green n grey yins will lap this up.

Let the scheming and plotting commence.

That idiot 'Motherwell' fan has been spying on Rangers media again.

Keep on fighting the good fight mate.

Not just the cretins on rm by the look of things.

A serious issue that is now in danger of becoming a public tit for tat between the old firm. How depressingly predictable.

What?

Thats only the 2nd statement Celtic have ever released on the subject, and thats just telling people their views haven't changed.

If only other clubs would come out publicly

Nothing will come of it Benny, you know it - we all know it.

Do you ever sit back in a quiet moment and think how the f'ck did we ever get out of that?

Celtics agm next week? If it is that'll keep em quiet as they forget about their onfield issues, Peter knows what he's doing.

Out of it? Ten years time from now and we'll still have the nutters campaigning against Rangers.

What?

Thats only the 2nd statement Celtic have ever released on the subject, and thats just telling people their views haven't changed.

I would like more to come out publicly. It's not so much that Celtic have made a statement but so long as it's just the two of you having come out the daily record etc can just report is a war of words between you and the real issue will be lost in that bullshit.

I did say in danger of becoming. I very much hope it doesn't.

Seriously, given the total lack of financial stability and King's determination to have a showdown that he can never win with Ashley, I am astounded that there are Rangers fans who still think title stripping is of any importance.

What?

I sort of agree with the sentiment about others piping up. I'm not convinced many are that fussy either way though.

I also agree with Dons that this will now be billed as an OF struggle, as if that's all that could possibly matter. Celtic would do better to accompany such a statement with a pledge that they would wish to exert no claim on any titles removed. Otherwise, it's very easy to characterise their stance as opportunistic.

I don't think there is any question that the whole EBT thing was put in place to gain an advantage on the pitch. That was fundamentally the reason for the scheme - we can get better players for the same cost if we pay them through EBTs. It's difficult to see how the SPFL (or whoever the appropriate body is) can avoid now coming to that conclusion.

I'm not sure what that means, or should mean, for titles/trophies won.

Good old sporting integrity, everyone's favourite buzzwords and the green n grey yins will lap this up.

Let the scheming and plotting commence.

The phrase "sporting integrity" is so easily dismissed, especially when coming from Celtic.

The notion itself is entirely valid though. It's what this comes down to. If Rangers are allowed to keep titles from the era, the integrity of the sport has quite simply been compromised.