Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

1. In his statement King said "As the one individual who was a major shareholder ... throughout the period". He wasn't. The shares in question were owned by a company called Rangers Investments (or similar) which in turn was owned by a Murray Group company. Shares in that company in turn were owned by an offshore company which Dave may have owned. DK never invested a penny in Rangers - his "£20 million" went to whoever sold him the Murray shares. Maybe someone called Murray.

2. He said "... the shareholders were committed to providing funding to the Club." They weren't - that's the whole point of limited liability. And in Dave's case they didn't, and still haven't!

Also, it still amazes me that their fan base seem to think they have suffered great punishments and have been hard done by.

They got every helping hand going and should happy to still be watching football.

To be fair their club was completely killed off and now they are forced to pretend to love a new club.

Could it really have been any worse?

To keep it short and quick

LNS hearing stated that SPL rules at the time did not allow title stripping.

Sanctions were given to the club, pretty severe ones at that.

Ebt's were legal, even if they weren't run perfectly.

The Scottish authorities and Rangers both agreed that the LNS hearing would be the end of it (that was signed)

Celtic fans and those of other clubs will try to dictate what happens, only this time we're more organised.

It's not about title stripping for me. It's about trying to claim that you're the same club, with the same history.

That's the morally questionable thing.

It's taking all the glory that goes with the over spending but taking absolutely none of the responsibility.

Especially considering Airdroeonians were denied entry to the league after their liquidation. They were told they couldn't as it would encourage other clubs to use liquidation as a way to remove debt and return to the league debt free. So the 'we were harshly treated' argument doesn't wash with me as in comparison to Airdroeonians, they were given preferential treatment.

As I asked earlier, can't you understand why fans of other clubs have issue with this? I certainly can, and wonder why many Rangers fans can't.

And they were just getting back to talking about the football :(

'Rangers' are eternally fucked.

A complete and utter basket case that badly needs to be put down for the good of our game and its supporters.

They don't care, they're currently highfiving each other cause their glib & shameless leader has finally gone and done something ... he's written a note saying he's gonnae do us all in

They're the same old Rangers with unbroken history and were merely taken over by new owners, except they're chairman wanted to bring back the oldco that owned them because that's the traditional Rangers?!

Any Rangers fan care to equate this shit for me?

It's about that time of night when The_KinCarCrash gets a bucket of water thrown over him,a bottle of Lanliq thrust into his trembling hand, and led to his PC....

It's about that time of night when The_KinCarCrash gets a bucket of water thrown over him,a bottle of Lanliq thrust into his trembling hand, and led to his PC....

True, quiet from the Klan today, shocker...first the village idiot Bennett, then the basket case Tedi who had to rely one of his aliases Vanderlei to ,back himself up, tragic stuff, but hey! Almost time for The_Carcrash to takeover .

Your question is too vague and doesn't fit in with your post.

If someone/company is found guilty of what some are calling 'tax evasion' then they would be arrested.

No one ifs no buts...

How do you arrest a company?

Besides, the whole story of justice is yet to unfold. If the tax case is appealed then there is no foundation to pursue anyone as the liability has not been proved in a final judgement therefore until the case is closed there would be no arrests in pursuit of criminal conviction until such time as that is the case.

On the point of The Lying King's change of posture in his rhetoric it looks as though he is getting forced into a corner and the negotiation has taken a bad turn for him. From we all want to be friends and prosper to "sink us and we'll sink you". Aye okay then, GIRFUY.

I'm lost and don't have time to read it all back. Someone summarise what has happened today.

I've just logged on so haven't read the whole thread but I imagine it goes like:

Dave King said something with an error (demotion) and a lot of truth (the tittle-stripping agenda is being driven by obsessives and they need to concentrate on their own club).

The Big Thread diddies are going tonto, name-calling every c**t and, rather originally, claiming Rangers cheated and are a new club because of something Chuckle's brief said in court.

Just another day, really.

Edited by The_Kincardine

True, quiet from the Klan today, shocker...first the village idiot Bennett, then the basket case Tedi who had to rely one of his aliases Vanderlei to ,back himself up, tragic stuff, but hey! Almost time for The_Carcrash to takeover .

7 mins later...Tada!...

I've just logged on so haven't read the whole thread but I imagine it goes like:

Dave King said something with an error (demotion) and a lot of truth (the tittle-stripping agenda is being driven by obsessives and they need to concentrate on their own club).

The Big Thread diddies are going tonto, name-calling every c**t and, rather originally, claiming Rangers cheated and are a new club because of something Chuckle's brief said in court.

Just another day, really.

0.1% of evaders were prosecuted. No ifs, no buts. :1eye

I could of course bring up other schemes that HMRC have introduced to ensure collection of tax without prosecution such as the EBTSO and the Liechtenstein Disclosure Facility that I aware of but then of course I would be making no sense to you.

GAAR too, which is fairly recent iirc - think they also ask for taxable person's to register any avoidance schemes for closer scrutiny/monitoring and to avoid messy situations, like... well...

Is there any reason you have for denigrating an award winning publication, with nearly 50 years of experience behind it, and accountants, in general?

Accountancy Age were wrong to use the word 'illegal' and have said so on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/AccountancyAge/status/663722328891760640

I think that's reason enough.