Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I was very clear on where and who I was quoting from with quotation marks. What a state to get into eh?

The desperate thrashing about on here amongst the hateful hordes is spectacular, wow!! It's going to be some show when this charade amounts to f*ck all !!

Ok, I'll happily hold my hands up and apologise. But I can't see one post today where you quote him. Can you direct me to it?

Perhaps the Hearts tax fiasco with their Lithuanian loan players. Aye they paid it all back, but only after they were challenged on breaking the rules.

A bit like the MP's expenses scandal, " of course we did nothing wrong, because it was all paid back"

The Arsenal example quoted earlier, was slightly different, they bunged HMRC £40 million, no questions asked, no negotiation, no quibbling over the amount owed, the tax man snapped their hand off an walked away, job done. It was small change within their bulging coffers.

So Arsenal never deliberately evaded paying tax? They came to an agreed settlement with HMRC and paid what they were due?

Rangers went into administration in order to reduce their liability with a (failed) pence in the pound offer and we're then liquidated still owing the money.

Do you see any differences of note?

So it's about the ability to pay then, not the requirement to play within the rules. Financial regulations mean nothing so long as you can stump up the cash if you're caught?

Of course it is about the ability to pay. It's what defines financial doping. Your club boosted the quality of their squad by using cash which should have been set aside for the taxman. Then they died when they got caught out.

All trophies won by the dead club, in the EBT years, should just be declared null and void.

Let it be recorded in the annals of Scottish football history, that Rangers ruined Scottish football, as a real, fair, competition, for many many years.

Cheats!

Edited by kildog

So it's about the ability to pay then, not the requirement to play within the rules. Financial regulations mean nothing so long as you can stump up the cash if you're caught?

As alluded to earlier these are complex legal matters which none of us can confidently comment upon.

But to simplify the situation for you, if HMRC come to you and suggest your tax avoidance is overly aggressive and possibly legal and they feel they have grounds to pursue you and you:

A) hold your hands up and pay them or;

B - say you disagree and will fight them to the Supreme Court over it

The result will probably turn out different for you.

We'll see if you can draw a parallel to our conversation.

Edited by Dons_1988

I was very clear on where and who I was quoting from with quotation marks. What a state to get into eh?

The desperate thrashing about on here amongst the hateful hordes is spectacular, wow!! It's going to be some show when this charade amounts to f*ck all !!

no you didn't. the post i was replying to was:

Sure that the courts will have some time proving that, if it indeed comes to that. And only after the Club has appealed on this most recent decision (Nov 4th).

Don't worry, I'm sure there's enough hysteria on here to keep the momentum going in the meantime. Say 4-5 years??

(And no your personal tax situation is of no concern or interest to me whatsoever)

Can you show me the quotation marks
Edited by dave.j

All trophies won by the dead club, in the EBT years, should just be declared null and void.

Let it be recorded in the annals of Scottish football history, that Rangers ruined Scottish football, as a real, fair, competition, for many many years.

Cheats!

I would have a much bigger house if I hadn't spent that decade following a rigged sport.

We were all cheated.

In a true sporting sense, even the Rangers fans were cheated.

Not that they would know true fair sport if it came up and bit them on the arse.

So Arsenal never deliberately evaded paying tax? They came to an agreed settlement with HMRC and paid what they were due?

Rangers went into administration in order to reduce their liability with a (failed) pence in the pound offer and we're then liquidated still owing the money.

Do you see any differences of note?

Yeah, I see that no one would step forward to invest in a club with an (unproven as it stood) tax bill hanging over them that was inflated to as much as £120 million by some sections of the press., who would!!?

This was before Craig Whyte got his grubby fingers into the dwindling coffers, and then f*cked us over again with HMRC, the Bank and his deal with Ticketus. I don't see what choice we had with regards to administration and subsequent liquidation?

From the long suffering fans perspective it wasn't a choice any of us would have wanted and certainly not a deliberate attempt to cheat the tax man or rival teams out on the park.

Yeah, I see that no one would step forward to invest in a club with an (unproven as it stood) tax bill hanging over them that was inflated to as much as £120 million by some sections of the press., who would!!?

This was before Craig Whyte got his grubby fingers into the dwindling coffers, and then f*cked us over again with HMRC, the Bank and his deal with Ticketus. I don't see what choice we had1 with regards to administration and subsequent liquidation?

From the long suffering fans perspective3 it wasn't a choice any of us would have wanted and certainly not a deliberate attempt2 to cheat the tax man or rival teams out on the park.

1. You could have chosen to pay your fucking taxes like everyone else or when Hector came knocking dealt with him rather than be obstructive.
  2. Were the EBTs set up by accident? Did the side letters fall off a shelf into players hands?
  3. Bar threatening the BBC and a children's entertainer, in retrospect do you feel proud or ashamed that essentially you stood about a bit watching and let your club die?

This was before Craig Whyte got his grubby fingers into the dwindling coffers, and then f*cked us over again with HMRC, the Bank and his deal with Ticketus. I don't see what choice we had with regards to administration and subsequent liquidation?

From the long suffering fans perspective it wasn't a choice any of us would have wanted and certainly not a deliberate attempt to cheat the tax man or rival teams out on the park.

Do you believe an investor pays any attention what so ever to what some red top journo writes?

Long suffering fans? you're trolling now!

it was a deliberate attempt, rangers deliberatly blocked the inverstigation at every turn. take the blue glasses off.

I have had enough of this long suffering fans pish. I hear it from Arsenal fans it's fucking laughable but from the fans of the dead club Christ.

Years of winning trophy after trophy, admin losing a few games and the league, then reforming winning 2 leagues at a canter before actually having to compete with teams and finish 3rd before going back to winning by 3 or 4 every week.

Long suffering FFS

ugly%2Bcry%2B2.jpg

tears and snotters.......

I would have a much bigger house if I hadn't spent that decade following a rigged sport.

We were all cheated.

In a true sporting sense, even the Rangers fans were cheated.

Not that they would know true fair sport if it came up and bit them on the arse.

They don't give a f**k. That's one of the reasons we're enjoying this so much.

:lol:

Scum.

Cheats

Edited by kildog

His point was valid and your post was a lot angrier than his, the fact you ended it with a smilie does not quite cover it.

We are all angry at the cheating and people like you defending it, but don't worry, that's all cancelled out by the ongoing hilarity.

Go on give us a laugh, defend your chairman.