Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Sure that the courts will have some time proving that, if it indeed comes to that. And only after the Club has appealed on this most recent decision (Nov 4th).

Don't worry, I'm sure there's enough hysteria on here to keep the momentum going in the meantime. Say 4-5 years??

(And no your personal tax situation is of no concern or interest to me whatsoever)

Proving what?

Can you clarify what you mean by the Club cobbling the coppers together to appeal the most recent decision.

Surely it's BDO or Murray, who are the only ones who can appeal?

Fixed that for you, David. ;)

And BDO won't give any fucks about titles. If they appeal it will be to protect the next club on their books - if there are any.

This stuff about punishing every club etc doesn't stand up to any scrutiny. The most minor of misdemeanours has seen footballing punishments which many would deem excessive. Rangers should be nowhere near the trophies they won whilst operating illegally.

It HMRC had a rigorous audit process in place, I wonder how much it would recover down the years from those clubs who knocked a few hundred maybe even a few thousand off the official gate to squirrel funds away from the tax man.

It must be a tidy sum overall !?

It's not really cheating though is it, tax liability avoidance!? and there's no real competitive advantage to be gained over a rival club who operates an open book eh?

Difficult to prove now perhaps, but there's no doubt it was a common practice that existed up and down the country.

Cue calls of whataboutary but it doesn't make it right. Let the blood letting continue until the appeal is announced.

The number of tax experts on here is incredible btw, it must be the biggest professional group represented on P&B by far.

You're absolutely right - it's first class whataboutery. Why not just admit Rangers did something very wrong and deserved punished, rather than pointing fingers everywhere else??

"Yes I committed a murder but that guy over there assaulted someone last weekend, what about him?!" :lol:

and little snipes like this is exactly why it is pointless for any Rangers fan to come on here and try and give a dissenting opinion, you and the other usual suspects are simply not interested in hearing anything that does not subscribe to your point of view.

Are you, Tedi of BRALT, actually accusing other people of not being open minded??

You're absolutely right - it's first class whataboutery. Why not just admit Rangers did something very wrong and deserved punished, rather than pointing fingers everywhere else??

"Yes I committed a murder but that guy over there assaulted someone last weekend, what about him?!" :lol:

That's not the point at all, if Rangers are to be punished for deliberate tax evasion then the same level of scrutiny to uncover and prove this should be applied to all ' Spanish Practices' operated at each and every club in Scotland.

I'm not saying for a moment it would concern all, but you can bet they'll be a fair number who have salted a good few quid away over the years.

To be fair Benny was playing the "you are no expert" card in order to snipe away any discussion which does not fit his agenda so that quip about Benny's expertise was deserved.

Your little tantrum in defense of your mate is contemptible.

I haven't played the expert card tho, I've posted snippets from people who could be classed as experts in order to try and have a discussion. only for you and Nory to snipe because it doesn't say what you want to hear.

I haven't played the expert card tho, I've posted snippets from people who could be classed as experts in order to try and have a discussion. only for you and Nory to snipe because it doesn't say what you want to hear.

Out of context snippets at that.

Tax evasion / avoidance on this sort of scale in any other walk of life would see the culprits standing in a court and most likely doing time but this being Scottish football it will be bugger all like that and every last one of us knows deep down that this will be the most likely outcome - nothing to see here is the motto of Scottish football unless of course you happen to inadvertantly field an ineligible player then they will be down on the club like a ton of bricks.

That's not the point at all, if Rangers are to be punished for deliberate tax evasion then the same level of scrutiny to uncover and prove this should be applied to all ' Spanish Practices' operated at each and every club in Scotland.

I'm not saying for a moment it would concern all, but you can bet they'll be a fair number who have salted a good few quid away over the years.

Ok, so name another club who have been found guilty of tax evasion

Tedi and Bennett just want to have a discussion. all Bennett has done apparently is quote experts. Tedi greenied this pish...

The QC who was recently on radio Scotland asking Graham spiers if he's also a barrister and what his experience is. Spier's slinked off with his tail between his legs.

Also dozens of Celtic fans trying to tell him the law regarding avoidance and evasion, quite amusing. (But but but phul said so)

"Ebt's, however well or poorly operated are not illegal"

(Bbbbbbut phul said so)

Bennett accuses Stoney of "Sniping".

Stoney in making shit up mode.

There was no alternate punishments for this, that was for the registration embargo.

And finally ".Newco bears no responsibility for the rule breaches.
"There is no allegation that the current owner and operator of the club, The Rangers Football Club Limited (“Newco”), contravened the SPL Rules or could be held responsible for any breach by Oldco"

" In all the circumstances the Commission has imposed a fine of £250,000 on Oldco"

has any of these spanish practices been proved - or a legal verdict given?

You know like yon 'bang to rights' case....... what was it again?

any evidence, at all, to allow this to happen?

What you're suggesting is pretty costly, no?

Its the exact same club with a flawless continuous unbroken history but if theres an inquest by the footballing authorities into cheating , that could result in stripped titles...they wont be able to have a say in it because its f**k all to do with them...just let that sink in morons.