Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Rangers Newco made a deal with Scottish FA to pay some of their debt in exchange for transfer of their membership, in return they were able to keep playing football and were able to claim all the trophies and history.

Hope that clears it up for you.

The Newco were able to keep playing football :blink:

I getz confused easily - how could the Newco keep playing football when it was new !? and also a company :unsure2:

At a guess, if it turns out that he was granted security on assets that were not available to be secured, I imagine he would be able to take some kind of legal action against whoever granted the security.

I think Ashley has security on the car park whitch Sevco bought from one of David murrays children so he would own the car park that you need to open the Club deck

Bit bored with the Leeds thing.

I've no problem in lumping them in together. The situations are not identical, but there are clearly plenty of parallels.

Genuine question though Ted: Did Leeds employees TUPE over in the same way that the Rangers ones who stayed, did? If not, why not?

Edited by Monkey Tennis

I have no idea, nor am I really that interested, you obviously are though so perhaps you should go and find out.

I would say that in Leeds case the FA opted to keep them in the same division so I would imagine that the motives to leave for the good of their career was not anywhere near as strong.

Piss off with the touchiness Ted.

I asked a question in perfectly good faith and the claim that you're not sufficiently interested, is a bit bizarre, given what you've helped subject us to over the last few pages.

The likes of Naismith, Davis etc were the ones who didn't TUPE over of course. Are you suggesting that the process was given little attention at Leeds, simply because they all chose that route, rather than the alternative path taken by the good and ambitious players who had been contracted to oldco Rangers?

I have no idea, nor am I really that interested, you obviously are though so perhaps you should go and find out.

I would say that in Leeds case the FA opted to keep them in the same division so I would imagine that the motives to leave for the good of their career was not anywhere near as strong.

Basic misunderstanding of TUPE. But totally par for the course.

In both cases the CVA failed due to HMRC scuppering them, both companies had no choice but go down the liquidation route but in both cases the 'business and assets' were transferred to the new owners, in Rangers case HMRC admitted this included sale of the club.

Leeds came out of admin moron...their CVA never failed it was aborted.

BmuEhjUCAAAqlyf.jpg
I miss the QC :(
X-ray letter box for a Mr C. Fakes. Who are these people etc.This man should be hailed as a hero by sevco fans but instead twitter is a alive with "beast, obsessed" etc. You should be sending him flowers and chocolates through the post not the inevitable dog shit and razor blade collages. He seems set to be a star witness next week in Edinburgh, which I note with amusement is the new venue.
He's just as scummy as those he's alleged to have tried to extort money from.Hope they all get hammered in court.

What a bizarre outburst.

The fact that I have not mentioned the players at any time shows I have zero interest in them, if this is something that interest you then I wish you well on your quest for information.

Aye ok, Ted.

Just a bit odd that you're offering such detail on Leeds in an attempt to prove what happened to them was identical to what happened to Rangers. You've had an answer for every question, (some more successful than others) yet refuse to tackle the TUPE question at all.

I've already said that I've no desire to defend Leeds here - as far as I can tell, the situations were indeed very similar. I just don't get why you're telling me to go find an answer myself, when you've displayed an exhaustive desire to research the topic hitherto.

Remember when we used to engage in genuine discussion of things Ted? I do - sometimes it was interesting.

Now though, you just get defensive or say "pleasing" a lot. Shame.

I get why people might say you're a new club as a wind up, OK it's a bit stale noo but.....

You also have the obsessives who spend thousands on adverts, £20k a year for the Rangers Football monitor website, £10k loans, donations a plenty to Phillip....etc

Just how many P and B types help fund these clowns?

I get why people might say you're a new club as a wind up

It isn't a wind up, Rangers died.

Even Dave King wants to bring the "traditional" Rangers out of liquidation, now if it was the same club, what benefits would it be to them to take on this debt and pay it off?

I'm not clutching a straw Ted. I don't like Leeds either.

It was just that someone asked about TUPE earlier and it seemed like an interesting question in pursuing this idea of parallels between the clubs' circumstances.

Back in the day Ted, you'd have considered it, but then you used to be a better poster.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

I would consider discussing something that did not interest me? really, I think that is bullcrap to be honest but then you have always been a bullcrap poster, do not think I have ever pretended otherwise.

Not true Ted. I remember you saying some very nice things about me back in the early days - complimenting me on my respectful tone while hoping you'd always returned the favour and all sorts. Touching stuff It was Ted.

Are you still actually claiming that the details of the Leeds process don't interest you Ted, because that would be extraordinary?