Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

One thing puzzles me. If Rangers fans maintain they are the same club as before, why were they the subject of a vote to admit/retain them within the top division?

If 11 clubs in the top flight decided we didn't want Celtic there could we just vote them out and make them start in League 2?

One thing puzzles me. If Rangers fans maintain they are the same club as before, why were they the subject of a vote to admit/retain them within the top division?

Rangers were one of the 12 clubs who voted on 'Rangers' being admited to the top division.

Until Rangers were liqudated liquidation meant liquidation, once they were liquidated liquidation meant everything is just fine and dandy and there's nothing to see here.

Poor old Sevconians. Every time they think there's a modicum of good news surrounding their club, they post it on here only for us to tear it to shreds amidst howls of laughter and tear/pee-drenched breeks.

Rangers were one of the 12 clubs who voted on 'Rangers' being admited to the top division.

Until Rangers were liqudated liquidation meant liquidation, once they were liquidated liquidation meant everything is just fine and dandy and there's nothing to see here.

No, Rangers voted to allow Sevco entry (Rangers were a member Club, Sevco were not). Calling both clubs rangers is just confusing.

No, Rangers voted to allow Sevco entry (Rangers were a member Club, Sevco were not). Calling both clubs rangers is just confusing.

The rules were basically ripped up/made up as they went along at this point. Didn't basically the same thing happen to Gretna and everyone in Div 1-3 automatically got shunted up a league place to fill the gap?

The rules were basically ripped up/made up as they went along at this point. Didn't basically the same thing happen to Gretna and everyone in Div 1-3 automatically got shunted up a league place to fill the gap?

I don't remember after Gretna got liqudated them been given a place in div 3 or a vote of div 1 clubs to take the new company?

Seems that's just a Sevco thing

I don't remember after Gretna got liqudated them been given a place in div 3 or a vote of div 1 clubs to take the new company?

Seems that's just a Sevco thing

Yeah, I know one of the Gretna 2008 guys, and it's funny, they accept that their old club is gone, liquidated, so they get on with doing the best they can for their new one.

You'd have to be fucking monumentally thick to reckon that liquidation of your football club didn't matter. Proper red neck stuff.

Exactly. The Sevconians and the TV-money-obsessed idiots who run our game thought they could literally just slot Rangers Mk 2 in the place of Rangers Mk 1 and act like nothing had happened. Then throw a huge tantrum when we wouldn't let them.

Some really great posts on here today, can't really fault the reopening of this thread.

I think it should have remained shut down in respect for the taxi driver who is no longer with us.

Poor old Sevconians. Every time they think there's a modicum of good news surrounding their club, they post it on here only for us to tear it to shreds amidst howls of laughter and tear/pee-drenched breeks.

They're what's known as 'fritzl moments'.

And now some sad arse will pretend to be "offended". by the phrase 'Fritzl moment'.