Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Whether you support Hearts, Celt*c or Queen of the South, I couldn't give 2 fucks about your clubs finances, ownership, price of your pies or your starting eleven. I will never understand the mental obsession about Rangers on this board.

I completely agree. It's outrageous how many post there are about the Rangers in a thread about the Rangers

I believe that the pain of the last few years has shed a lot of that and that fans have gained new perspectives about the good governance of the club. There is realism where there was often crushing expectation.

I don't.

Whether you support Hearts, Celt*c or Queen of the South, I couldn't give 2 fucks about your clubs finances, ownership, price of your pies or your starting eleven. I will never understand the mental obsession about Rangers on this board.

In fairness though Rob, there's a Hell of a lot that you will never understand.

Yeah, you're so unbothered about Celtic that you can only ever type their name as Celt*c, never as Celtic.

No sirree, not bothered at all. Nope.

Yeah, you're so unbothered about Celtic that you can only ever type their name as Celt*c, never as Celtic.

No sirree, not bothered at all. Nope.

Get him telt, oppression like that has no place in our society.

Get him telt, oppression like that has no place in our society.

Don't be silly Bennett.

Nobody suggested that there was anything remotely opressive about it.

It was just that criticising others for disliking a club, while naming another by using an asterisk, made Rob look typically juvenile and foolish.

I am, of course, a Rangers' supporting, Tory-voting Unionist who thinks that The Reformation was an altogether good thing.

I am also perfectly happy that none of those views need inform any of the other and live with them as comfortably independent opinions.

And yet you've connected them, perfectly explicitly, in the past.

Go on then, Monks. Back up your assertion. Show when I have said that Rangers supporters should link politics, religion and football.

I'll ask you the same question that I asked another poster. Talk me through the sectarian songs. Try and do so without resorting to cant or cliche. BTW 'distasteful' doesn't count. I find some of our songbook distasteful (especially the UVF shite) but that's not the same as sectarian.

So to save wasting more time on the subject, I respectfully decline your invitation.

No problem. We are well used to Diddy bluster. At least you bowed our early rather than making an arse of yourself.

Pretty simple really. Northern Ireland's history has nothing to do with "a Ramsdens Cup first round tie". You know this of course.

What you want to ask, really, is why Gers fans sing loyalist songs. The answer is simple. Many of us see ourselves as Protestant and Unionist. Many like to celebrate the revolution of 1688/1690. We also despise IRA supporters/sympathisers. Both are reflected in some of our songs.

I think it's perfectly ok for people to reflect political views through football clubs/songs/chants. Trying to deny that because it has nothing to do with a pawn shop is idiotic.

How much of a gloss was that?

It's this kind of thing that I mean Kincardine.

No self-delusion but feel welcome to disagree.

It isn't an abuse. I'm happy to uphold The Williamite Revolution as a 'good thing'. I am happy that some of our fans celebrate this. I am aware enough to know that sometimes this descends to abuse and I hate that and apologise for it.

However, it should be OK to sing some 'Orange' songs without being called a bigot.

No I'm not,

And this kind of thing.

It's this kind of thing that I mean Kincardine.

That seems like a pretty good post and I can't see you or anyone having an issue with it. I especially liked when I said, "I think it's perfectly ok for people to reflect political views through football clubs/songs/chants"

There is, of course, nothing determinative about my comment.

I think that's an excellent post and a point well made.

I agree with you. It is thoroughly bad to hate 'the papes'. I denegrate that side of our support - and I'm very aware that it exists and I feel shamed by it.

However, I am very happy to support a team whose fans are, generally, Protestant and Unionist, though not exclusively so.

I am very happy to sing The Sash, No Surrender or, my favourite, Build My Gallows. They may well be pish but it doesn't make me a bigot.

Sure get rid of the 'hate' songs but there is legitimacy and health in affirming Loyalist Protestantism.

This too.

You challenged my assertion that you'd previously connected support for Rangers with a religious background and a political standpoint.

I've very clearly established here that you have.

Just admit that.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

You challenged my assertion that you'd previously connected support for Rangers with a religious background and a political standpoint.

That I am a more than a wee bit 'Orangey' has never been up for debate. I have never apologised for this and don't see the need to do so now.

We started this part by me saying, "I am also perfectly happy that none of those views need inform any of the other and live with them as comfortably independent opinions."

All you have shown is that I haven't a single issue with people expressing Loyalist views and that bigotry and hatred should be eschewed.