Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Please tell me you've all seen Dave King in today's Daily Ranger?

Holy fucking cunting b*****ding hell.

The guy is just having a bit of a laugh now.

How did the journalist write that and keep a straight face?

Edited by Gaz FFC

Why 'brain-dead?'

Because geography shouldn't be vaunted above any other arbitrary criterion when it comes to one's choice of football club.

I accept that this might be the preference of the P&B contingent, although the enthusiasm for King might undermine the idea a bit. I don't accept however that such an outlook is necessarily shared by the wider support.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this but my gut tells me more Rangers fans would prefer the 'balanced budget' approach to the'management by cheque book' boom and bust of the past.

Please tells you've all seen Dave King in today's Daily Ranger?

Even I was embarrassed to read that. I'm disappointed, though, that no-one has called it 'glib' yet.

Because geography shouldn't be vaunted above any other arbitrary criterion when it comes to one's choice of football club.

I disagree.

I don't see geography as an entirely arbitrary criterion.

Football clubs are about place. That's why most - though clearly not all -have a reference to a place in their name. It's also why they play in the same place each fortnight and it's called home.

Two clubs in this country have an appeal that extends well beyond geographical considerations and I think that our game and even our society, are the poorer for it.

So honest Dave being, well ?, honest n aw that. :lol:

The fans are so thick they don't even care how fucking corrupt King is because he is peddling the right words.

I'm certain when he means invest in Rangers, it will be by giving loans so he can recoup his money back at some point in the future. All he needs to say to the fans that the money is in the bank, but who's bank ?, The Rangers or his ?

King is like the upgraded Whyte & Green combined into one big massive arse that peddles shit 24/7 if it is in his best interests.

I wouldn't be surprised if King done a Ticketus type deal if he ploughs money into the club ???, well other peoples money he will call his own. Puts in £20 million secured on future ST monies to be paid back annually until he gets his £20 million back plus some extra.

I sooooo fucking certain that King if The Cloned Rangers gets promoted will use the revenue streams to pay back T3B's loans and his loan/s and try a share issue to con the fans that the club has Champion's League revenue and is in better shape than Celtic in the Champions League and trading in profit. How can he claim that £11 million plus in debt a season is Champions League ??? :lol::lol::lol: As put, straight from the Chucky Cheeses spin doctor in making a shit look like the polished golden article. :lol:

Two clubs in this country have an appeal that extends well beyond geographical considerations and I think that our game and even our society, are the poorer for it.

Lots of clubs have support from outside their obvious geographic area. Also you've done nothing except say, "People should support a team where they are from because that's where they are from.

Why choose on the basis of geography rather than, say, colour of strip?

Lots of clubs have support from outside their obvious geographic area. Also you've done nothing except say, "People should support a team where they are from because that's where they are from.

True. Partick and indeed Maryhill is full of **** and ****

:(

Because colour of strip is not usually absolutely central to a club's identity, although it usually represents a tradition worth preserving.

Virtually all Queens' support will have a connection to the Dumfries area. Most Scottish clubs will rely on similar home town connections for their own supports.

I've already offered a far better rationale for my view than the fictional paraphrasing you've attempted to offer. Of course, in a free society, we're all at liberty to support Arsenal, Barcelona or the OF if suitably emotionally immature.

It's regrettable that people do though.

As a football fan from Motherwell who identifies with the town, it's a pity that you don't connect the two in the obvious way. I know however that Motherwell don't embody reformation values in the way you bafflingly like a football club to do. I also know that they probably won't win the League in our lifetimes and indeed might get relegated within a week or so.

Altogether less appealing.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this but my gut tells me more Rangers fans would prefer the 'balanced budget' approach to the'management by cheque book' boom and bust of the past.

Ah !, nice one and a very good attempt at humour auld yin. :lol:

For over 25 years the Rangers support at large have known nothing other than a sugar daddy who pumps millions into the playing squad to top the league, and at any cost as well because the club died from it. The overspending to put Celtic in their apparent shadow is the only funding nearly two generations of Rangers supporters will have ever seen and known. The fanbase has extended to all over the country during that time seeing a huge majority of the support not living in the city the club is in, and they have very little knowledge or experience of watching or supporting a Rangers team before Sounness's reign when they were an average team winning or challenging for nothing because they were so pish.

The support of today aren't like you Kinky, they demand, expect & believe they should just spend spend spend to win win win so they can do what they have always done by boasting and bragging about how much more successful they are than everyone else. Losing or not winning trophies isn't in their demented & deluded mindset, if they aren't beating everyone else then they become restless and make pish stained bed-sheet banners demanding better and then protesting why the board aren't pumping endless amounts of cash to topple Celtic.

While you may content at supporting a Rangers team just outside the European places there is a vast section of fans who won't like being a diddy club and will ultimately cripple the club financially or even worse starve the club and it dies like the last one. The last club died because it was buying trophies it couldn't afford and the owner refused to do what you want the club to be, a club living within it's means.

This Rangers is no different from the Rangers that died, it is financed with money it cannot afford because the board/s current and former did not live within it's budget buy trying to buy success funnily enough just like the last Rangers did. Do you see the pattern ?, King is barking at the moon to topple Celtic and the fans are lapping it up.

I don't see this Rangers living within it's means at all in the near future at all until someone comes in and tells the fans what they don't like or want to hear, no success or big spending until all the debt has been dealt with and the club can finance itself without financial aid.

Not sure if serious...

I wouldn't be surprised if the auld fart was laughing because he knows he is posting pish, but because he supports Rangers he needs to hold the Gestapo party line and be a huge arsehole about everything Rangers related.

It's amazing how far being a glib and shameless liar can take you in life and King is living proof of that But Is anybody still dumb enough to swallow his Sevco bluff, bluster and BS? Green and Whyte were straight dealers compared to this felon. Nobody is going to put their money near this born liar, no lender or investor, so better get that imaginary second £20m ready. Mon Hibs.

The fanbase has extended to all over the country during that time seeing a huge majority of the support not living in the city the club is in,

This isn't a new phenomenon. My grandfather was an Airdrie fan first but would often get a tram to Ibrox to watch The Famous.

The rest of your post is pish.

This isn't a new phenomenon. My grandfather was an Airdrie fan first but would often get a tram to Ibrox to watch The Famous.

The rest of your post is pish.

Pish you say ?, do you seriously suggest that the current mob of glory hunting supporters want to watch a Rangers FC living within it's means ? Seriously ? Fcuk aff :lol:

The only way your club will live within it's means is if the fans pay £2,000 an ST and that would only last for a short while before they want more spent on players to try and win the Champions League.

Yer a good laugh the night you auld fart. :lol: That's the joke of tonight from you, Rangers fans happy to have and watch a club with average players playing average football because it balances the books each year. :1eye

Cast yer mind back a few years Kinky when the old club could have and should have cut the players budget to balance the books to make the club post a profit after a few years. The fans waved the pish stained bed-sheets demanding better, remember ?

It is you whom is posting pish and you know it.

Pish you say ?, do you seriously suggest that the current mob of glory hunting supporters want to watch a Rangers FC living within it's means ? Seriously ? Fcuk aff :lol:

You are doing A Monkey and projecting what you think is true. Ask any of the Bears on here if they want a balanced budget or boom and bust.

You are doing A Monkey and projecting what you think is true. Ask any of the Bears on here if they want a balanced budget or boom and bust.

But you're talking about Rangers fans "on here".

We're both contending that they're not necessarily representative.

But you're talking about Rangers fans "on here". We're both contending that they're not necessarily representative.

Meanwhile I think it's perfectly reasonable to poll posters on the same board. Similarly, I'd listen seriously to any view you expressed about Queens and regard it as an authentic expression.

The only reason you take issue with me is because you may not get the answer that you want.