Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I take it the rangers fans don't have a problem with Honest Dave being somewhat economical with the truth?

I have said since more or less Day one I wanted Dave King in to take the club forward. Along the way I obviously was left a tad disappointed that he was willing to wait so long to make his move. That said I was surprised with that part of his interview...I am assuming it has something to do with his promise to the SFA that he wouldn't operate as a 'shadow director'. If he says he is going to invest regardless the SFA could see that as he was going to take control regardless.

Dave King claims to be the most scrutinised person in Scottish football. It would be remiss of us not to continue that scrutiny throughout his time at the club.

Rangers have lost around 10,000 regular supporters and I honestly believe if things don't work out for this board then we may never return ( yeh I know) to the top of Scottish football.

Don't f**k it up Mr King!!!!!!!!

I have said since more or less Day one I wanted Dave King in to take the club forward. Along the way I obviously was left a tad disappointed that he was willing to wait so long to make his move. That said I was surprised with that part of his interview...I am assuming it has something to do with his promise to the SFA that he wouldn't operate as a 'shadow director'. If he says he is going to invest regardless the SFA could see that as he was going to take control regardless.

Dave King claims to be the most scrutinised person in Scottish football. It would be remiss of us not to continue that scrutiny throughout his time at the club.

Rangers have lost around 10,000 regular supporters and I honestly believe if things don't work out for this board then we may never return ( yeh I know) to the top of Scottish football.

Don't f**k it up Mr King!!!!!!!!

It's a beautiful letter, and one that should be pinned to the Boardroom wall. you missed the obligatory sign off, "No Surrender", however.

Why exactly did you want Dave King? What has he done to make you think he's either trustworthy or capable of delivering what you hope for?

A real ranjurs man will take them to land of milk and honey. You are obviously jealous of their forthcoming success.

Dave's just been on the TV news and stated ... wait for it ... that he needs time to go over what's happened in the last couple of months - he'll be "information gathering". Again!

Like I've said before: If only he'd spent this much time going over the books of the Oldco :1eye

Why exactly did you want Dave King? What has he done to make you think he's either trustworthy or capable of delivering what you hope for?

We know he has the best interests of the club at heart.

He has the backing of Rangers men with the wealth to take us back to the top.

He has shown in the past he is willing to invest his own money into the club.

They have the backing of the vast majority of the fans who now have what they wanted and will. need to invest in our club through season tickets.

Nobody else, well very few, could bring the support together the way he has.

I understand why others are hurting. They wanted us dead and buried. Those that didnt want us dead were happy to see our club raped by corrupt businessmen and out and out criminals. They were happy as long as we were no threat to their clubs on the pitch. It is understandable that they are hurting. It is not even a case of GIRUY now. I just dont care about the other clubs. My only interest is what is best for Rangers and the Rangers supporters.

But he also said, quite clearly, that his investing in the club wasnt contingent on being on the BoD and that he would invest anyway. Did he not, also, give examples of companies in SA that he invested in but wasnt on the BoD of?

His statement yesterday completely contradicted that. Fair play to the STV reporter for picking up on it

Aye sometimes he does let bravado get the better of him but I don't suppose he'd have gotten away with sticking two fingers up at the SFA and shouting up ye ya punts.

We need to start getting along with the authorities now and building those bridges, in the interview it looked he had to keep reminding himself of that.

Sane and sensible post, 8. A significant part of how King will be judged will be on openness and transparency and strict adherence to high standards of corporate governance

Of course the Ps&Ds will continue to scoff but, as King Corduroy, said, "There can be an unhealthy fascination with things Rangers by supporters of other clubs".

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/opinion/spiers-on-sport-a-laughable-decision-but-now-let-dave-king-crack-on.1432069563

Edited by The_Kincardine

Aye sometimes he does let bravado get the better of him but I don't suppose he'd have gotten away with sticking two fingers up at the SFA and shouting up ye ya punts.

We need to start getting along with the authorities now and building those bridges, in the interview it looked he had to keep reminding himself of that.

Yes, its possible he changed his stance in a bid to woo the SFA.

However, this is what he said just after the EGM

If I'm not found fit and proper I will not sit on the board," he said at the time. "I'll still invest, I'll still support it.

"I've got, I must have 40 companies back in South Africa I control and I don't sit on the board.

"To me being on the board is not critical. I don't think it will be an issue. But if it turned out to be an issue, it wouldn't make any difference to Rangers going forward.

"I would just operate and give input as a shareholder, as opposed to a non-executive chairman.

and this is what he said yesterday

"One of the things I said at the previous meeting when I was here six to eight weeks ago was that investment, my ongoing investment, depended on me getting through fit and proper,” King told STV.

"Now it's been cleared, I am now in a position to proceed. So I'd expect that to happen quite quickly [investing money]."

Pressed to confirm whether his investment was dependent on fit and proper status being granted, King said: "Yes, yes. I always made it clear that if I had no long term future with the club, my investment was linked to that.

"I said that when I was here last time that while I expected the fit and proper to happen and go through OK. If it didn't happen then we would have to take a different approach.

"I wouldn't have walked away but the situation would have changed. I would have had to look at how we would do it.

"Certainly I was very clear in the interviews I gave previously, my ongoing investment requires my ongoing involvement.

"I didn't doubt that it would happen but it was made clear to all concerned that it was a consideration."

Two, very, contradictary statements. Seems to me like someone who will say anything to anyone to further his own interests, to the point where he forgets what he has said to who and, possibly, what the truth actually is

Two, very, contradictary statements. Seems to me like someone who will say anything to anyone to further his own interests, to the point where he forgets what he has said to who and, possibly, what the truth actually is

Yup, the two don't tally. Anyone who tries to reconcile those statements is an arse since one clearly contradicts the other.

What I hope is that King doesn't make some sort of press statement/website release to try and justify the unjustifiable. That would just add error to calumny.

Yup, the two don't tally. Anyone who tries to reconcile those statements is an arse since one clearly contradicts the other.

What I hope is that King doesn't make some sort of press statement/website release to try and justify the unjustifiable. That would just add error to calumny.

I see you're still helping your daughter revise her English GSCE, then...