Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I've still to see anybody produce a half decent outline of what Dave King will do if he does manage to win the vote on Friday. Is there an actual plan and if not why the clapping seal routine?

It seems to me that he may get in but quite quickly become a bit of a lame duck due to the contracts, debts and securities currently held against the club. /i also wouldn't rule out Mr King doing similar things to Charles Green. Say all the "right things" and do a bit of saber rattling with the fan meanwhile smuggling his own pound of flesh out the back door with some of his cronies.

I've still to see anybody produce a half decent outline of what Dave King will do if he does manage to win the vote on Friday. Is there an actual plan and if not why the clapping seal routine?

It seems to me that he may get in but quite quickly become a bit of a lame duck due to the contracts, debts and securities currently held against the club. /i also wouldn't rule out Mr King doing similar things to Charles Green. Say all the "right things" and do a bit of saber rattling with the fan meanwhile smuggling his own pound of flesh out the back door with some of his cronies.

He's going to have a share issue. Wallets ready!

Is it just me, or could this whole charade just be being conducted to lever the cash from mugs who have rejected subsequent share issues, merchandise & season ticket sales?

Wouldn't surprise me if the "requesitioners" were in cahoots with those presently in charge, for a place at the trough.

Edited by kiddy

From earlier on http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/andy-goram-tells-sfa-dave-5260226

The bottom part of the article has this -

"But it doesn't seem like there is much point of the EGM going ahead if there is only going to be two directors left. They should resign now and let King get on with it.

"Even if they do that I'm not sure that will be the last we see of Ashley's presence at the club though. I've heard that Ashley is still allowed to nominate two directors to the board so if Llambias and Leach go, two more will come in.

"I'm not sure how tight that deal is but I don't think is right."

There will have to be some kind of compromise between the two to work together if this is the case. If not we could see more shambles.

Any clue to who bought up David Somers shares in Rangers?

There's an article here from BT Sport on Rangers fans demanding the removal of the rest of the board.

http://sport.bt.com/sport-football/news/rangers-fans-demand-further-exits-S11363965530356

Edited by CityDave

Or Dave can just repay the loaned money.

If Dave doesn't repay the money, expect another public offering hoping for the bears to fund King's spending spree. City investors will not be burned twice, especially with King's stated aims.

I don't think it will be that easy to shake of Mike Ashley and even if King wins control and Ashleys lackeys are shoved out the door as AG said Ashley is still entitled to bring in replacements so the club could still be pulled in two different directions. If King repays the loan it will make little difference to Ashley's continuing influence over the club.

Or Dave can just repay the loaned money.

IF Dave doesn't repay the money, expect another public offering hoping for the bears to fund King's spending spree. City investors will not be burned twice, especially with King's stated aims.

I don't think it will be that easy to shake of Mike Ashley and even if King wins control and Ashleys lackeys are shoved out the door as AG said Ashley is still entitled to bring in replacements so the club could still be pulled in two different directions. IF King repays the loan it will make little difference to Ashley's continuing influence over the club.

I suppose it is quite touching how the uber obsessives are fretting over our wellbeing.

Notice the one word that surfaces signifying that, while they wish this or that, they are simply guessing and hoping.

will you be wasting more of the family inheritance frittering away 5 figures in shares of a company, again, Youngsy?

What company do you suggest, Dave? If it's a company that operates a football club then i've already done that. Not necessarily Scottish based though. :P

Any clue to who bought up David Somers shares in Rangers?

There's an article here from BT Sport on Rangers fans demanding the removal of the rest of the board.

http://sport.bt.com/sport-football/news/rangers-fans-demand-further-exits-S11363965530356

Has he sold them? He doesn't have very many anyway.

I don't understand the concern over the "onerous" contracts with Ashley.

AFAIK, Rangers/Sevco get 50p for every £10 spent on Rangers merchandise. That actually sounds like quite a good deal, for zero risk and zero investment, particularly since SD are the the experts and market leaders and are likely to flog more kit than any of the alternatives.

And what are the alternatives? (1) A similar deal with AN Other Sport, who by definition aren't as good as SD, or (2) start a new Rangers retail operation from scratch, with no funding and no expertise.

The condition of the two directors were part of the loan agreement .... I doubt DK will repay the money.

Ashley will still have his onerous contracts but his influence over board room decisions will be greatly reduced if the loans are repaid ...

Isn't the SFA disciplinary hearing for Mike Ashley today?

From earlier on http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/andy-goram-tells-sfa-dave-5260226

The bottom part of the article has this -

"But it doesn't seem like there is much point of the EGM going ahead if there is only going to be two directors left. They should resign now and let King get on with it.

"Even if they do that I'm not sure that will be the last we see of Ashley's presence at the club though. I've heard that Ashley is still allowed to nominate two directors to the board so if Llambias and Leach go, two more will come in.

"I'm not sure how tight that deal is but I don't think is right."

There will have to be some kind of compromise between the two to work together if this is the case. If not we could see more shambles.

I mentioned these two votes for mike a couple of weeks ago.

I asked if the two guys are voted off the board....and mike still has the right to pick another two

board members under the terms of the loan.....could he not pick those same two guys and

Reinstate them asap....think tedi answered this question and said it couldn't be done...

Can't remember the reason tbh, you could go back through the pages and look for the reason he gave me

or just ask him and he will let you know.

Edited by the 67

Isn't the SFA disciplinary hearing for Mike Ashley today?

Yes it was today...meeting did not start to well after 2 pm according to the radio mate.