Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The report about llambias was full of "sources close to.... Said...." Which apart from being straight out of jacks big boom of spin, looks like the paper who ran with it was being careful with what they printed and never really believed it.

To be honest, I'd imagine the hotel bar incident either didn't happen at all, or has been wildly exaggerated.

I don't know whether or not it signals the boardroom desperation No8 identifies though. It's just how Irvine operates and it represents another petty wee battle in the war the board are engaged in.

Agree fully Mr Tennis. Probably some guy pushed him and he left.

It smells of spin to me, too. Sorry fellow diddies.

The guy was probably paid 20 quid to cause a scene.How else can one explain that he was sitting alone having a quiet drink and yet "sources close to..." witnessed the event? This was a setup!

Agree fully Mr Tennis. Probably some guy pushed him and he left.

It smells of spin to me, too. Sorry fellow diddies.

I dont think anyone believes his bullshit story its as just as believeable as the counter story of how the "police were baffled " trying to find a report on it.

Rangers first today boasted of its 10, 000 member

pye67150_400x400.png

Does seem a bit more organised than the previous groups, we shall see if this makes any impression.

A true Rangers group ran by real Rangers men.

What does that mean? :huh:

The numbers are starting to add up for Rangers First

IT is all about the numbers at Rangers.

Chris-Jack-wee.jpg

Christopher Jack Sports Journalist

Monday 16/02/2015

18539464.jpg

For Ricki Neill, they are finally stacking up.

For months, the figures haven't made pleasant reading as the share price plummeted, huge losses were posted and even greater loans were agreed to keep the lights on at Ibrox.

Yet the constant stream of bad news, combined with the hard work of dedicated supporters, has opened the floodgates for Rangers First.

Just a year after a meeting of concerned fans lead to them taking action in a bid to help their beleaguered club, RF are now the biggest fan ownership group in the United Kingdom.

They have almost 10,000 members, 1.4million shares and are likely to use their stake of 1.7% to vote against the under-fire board at the upcoming EGM. It is those numbers that Neill can rightly take pride in and heart from.

That shareholder showdown, at which Dave King, Paul Murray and John Gilligan hope to oust the Gers hierarchy and take a seat at the top table, could prove to be the end of another tumultuous chapter in Rangers' history.

But the Rangers First story will continue. As the money from current members rolls in, and more fans sign up at an impressively regular rate, the momentum behind the scheme continues to grow.

The Light Blue legions, disengaged from their club and furious at a board that has failed to communicate with them and put their club in a perilous position once again, have rallied to the cause in recent months.

They have been joined by stars of the past, with the likes of Jorg Albertz, Claudio Reyna and Nacho Novo all pledging their support.

And Neill is confident this will not be a call to arms and then step back from the front line, but a defining moment in how Rangers is run and the role fans have to play in its future.

"The fear for some fan groups is that when news is bad, people jump on and want to help their club but when you start winning trophies again, the first thing they cancel is their fan memberships," he told SportTimes.

"The difference with Rangers is that no other club has had to put up with what we have had to in the last few years. Our fans will be a lot more loyal.

"Rangers First just isn't for the EGM and then we will stop buying shares. This will be long past my time.

"We are not just here for the next couple of months. We want to constantly keep putting money in to Rangers.

"Everyone talks about the 200,000 in Manchester and the millions that watched it on TV. We need them to step up and join.

"I don't think a lot of fans understand fan ownership and how it can work. We were here to bring them on board."

From a meeting in a Glasgow pub to the 12th largest shareholder in RIFC plc, the rise and rise of Rangers First has been one of the success stories in this sorry Rangers saga.

Supporters have finally awoken to the idea of greater fan involvement, having their club in the hands of people who know it, understand it and care for it.

If King, Murray and Gilligan can overthrow the current regime, that would be another step in the right direction.

The shares held by RF and the Rangers Supporters Trust are likely to prove crucial when investors vote on King's EGM resolutions in London next month. The fans will play their part in shaping Rangers' future.

But there is still more that can be done. The number of supporters signed up to fan schemes remains a fraction of the season ticket paying public, regular match attendance or thousands who made their way to the Uefa Cup Final.

Social media has been at the heart of RF's recruitment drive, while a radio advertising campaign also saw numbers boosted and Neill is determined to enlighten as many fans as possible.

He said: "A lot of people mocked us and said we would never get to 500 members.

"All the money we get can only be used for shares. I come from an advertising background and explained what it would cost to get the message into the media and to those not online, because unless you were on Twitter or Facebook you would never have heard of Rangers First and our advertising campaign was really useful.

"Myself, my boy and a few members handed out leaflets at Ibrox one day and people were saying 'oh, I have never heard of you'.

"It was perfect timing because it was when the latest headlines were coming out of the club. Whenever Rangers get bad news, more people seem to join."

Having celebrated Rangers First's birthday on Valentine's Day, Neill will today jet around the world to mark his own landmark and meet friends to toast his 40th.

He will take the message of RF with him, and is set to meet members of the Oceania Rangers Supporters Association in Phuket.

There will also be a chance to take to the field alongside John Brown and Marco Negri in a friendly match that has been organised for fans.

Having made their mark in Scotland, the challenge now is to take the Rangers First masterplan to Bears around the world.

Neill said: "When ORSA heard I was going out there, they asked me to do a presentation for Rangers First.

"Since then, a lot of them said they want to proxy their shares to RF and a few want to join Club 1872 as well.

"Because of the way RF is set up, we can take members from anywhere in the world and we have members from around 100 countries now.

"It is a holiday for myself but while I am there I will do a presentation and a Q and A session.

"We are getting emails and tweets from people all around the world that want to play their part.

"They love the fact we keep them up to date and engage with our members so they really feel part of it."

Do Rangers First have the same members as Britain First?

Is this Rangers first before any other club or Rangers first before any other club called Rangers?.

I would have thought Rangers Direct would be a name that would have more of an intent about it than Rangers First. It would imply Direct action against any that would tarnish the good name of the new club since there has been much that has tarnished the company since its brand relaunch.

Sounds too much like Sports Direct.