Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The thing I really can't comprehend is the blind faith that the majority of Rangers fans seem to have in Dave King?!

Why?

Why aren't they throwing their support behind the 3 bears who seem to be pretty normal guys. who i believe aren't convicted criminals and run successful businesses.

Put it this way. If DhenBhoy said in the papers he is gonnae remove the current board and invest £100M returning Rangers to their rightful place at the top of Scottish football and competing in Europe, then the hordes would get behind him.

He can pay a club legend a few bucks to back him and watch as they idolise him.

I hear from Green you can get Watty Smith for a few grand.

Edited by Gaz FFC

I've seen some saltire and a few ulster flags, both British no?

I don't want to see the uf anywhere in Scotland but thats my own personal feeling.

Agree re the UJ - it's unwelcome and irrelvant and usually only displayed by people who harbour some kind of prejudice. British means nothing in a football context as we all have our own FAs. Celtic though are a Scottish club first and foremost. Brother Walfrid if i'm not mistaken was a missionary who sought to help poor folk in various places - Glasgow and London if not others. I'm pretty sure he didn't limit his charity to those of Irish descent. The political conditions at the time also meant that many Irish 'immigrants' lived side by side with Scottish Highlanders who had also suffered famine as well as the Clearances - many were also Catholic as the Reformation still hadn't/ hasn't reached many parts of the Highlands and Islands. Certainly, in Edinburgh's LIttle Ireland, Scottish Gaelic was apparently heard as much as Irish, in the Grassmarket and Cowgate. This is where Edinburgh's first Scottish Gaelic chapel stood as well.

I just wonder why many Celtic fans seem to concentrate on the Irish connection over their Scottish roots?

Edited by AnCrùbag

The thing I really can't comprehend is the blind faith that the majority of Rangers fans seem to have in Dave King?!

Why?

Anything with king or queen is good for that lot. It, and they, are that simple.

How come Killie and every other team can get rid of a manager straight away but sevco managers have this 1 year notice clause going on.

I don't know, but don't fucking knock it - it's the best news we've had for a while!

ETA: Certainly better than the news that Gary Locke's come in to replace him. I just hope he is temporary.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

Where would the Celtic fans be singing this song?

Is this where you claim that Celtic fans don't sing "North Men, South Men, Comrades all... Soon there'll be No Protestants at all" or indeed "Roamin in the Gloamin, with St Patrick's ****** Band"?

Both of which I have heard Celtic fans sing at Celtic matches.

This "defence" by the green bigot scum fans has been attempted before. It goes like this :-

"This doesn't happen"

"OK, it does happen but not at games"

"OK, it does happen at away games, but not at home games"

"It's a small minority"

"Anyway, whataboutarainjers"

Lest we forget, it's only a couple of seasons since Celtic fans disrupted a minute's silence for Remembeance Day at Westfield, by remaining outside the premises at kickoff time so they could sing "Sean South of Garryowen" whilst non-scum were maintaining a dignified silence.

Celtic fans are truly, the absolute bottom of the barrel of vermin. along with your blue bigot friends.

Throughout the glorious and hilarious shambles Rangers have become, the only single drawback is that green bigot scum have enjoyed it too. And have indeed tried to ingratiate themselves in a "hail fellow well met" manner with decent human beings (i.e. non Old Firm fans).

Never forget - Celtic fans are not welcome in civilised society. You are no better than Rangers fans and are roundly despised by the rest of Scottish football.

Agree re the UJ - it's unwelcome and irrelvant and usually only displayed by people who harbour some kind of prejudice. British means nothing in a football context as we all have our own FAs. Celtic though are a Scottish club first and foremost. Brother Walfrid if i'm not mistaken was a missionary who sought to help poor folk in various places - Glasgow and London if not others. I'm pretty sure he didn't limit his charity to those of Irish descent. The political conditions at the time also meant that many Irish 'immigrants' lived side by side with Scottish Highlanders who had also suffered famine as well as the Clearances - many were also Catholic as the Reformation still hadn't/ hasn't reached many parts of the Highlands and Islands. Certainly, in Edinburgh's LIttle Ireland, Scottish Gaelic was apparently heard as much as Irish, in the Grassmarket and Cowgate. This is where Edinburgh's first Scottish Gaelic chapel stood as well.

I just wonder why many Celtic fans seem to concentrate on the Irish connection over their Scottish roots?

I don't doubt there was a lot of poverty around in the 1880s, but it's stretching the imagination to connect it with the famine 40-odd years earlier, or the clearances decades before.

Lest we forget, it's only a couple of seasons since Celtic fans disrupted a minute's silence for Remembeance Day at Westfield, by remaining outside the premises at kickoff time so they could sing "Sean South of Garryowen" whilst non-scum were maintaining a dignified silence.

Celtic fans are truly, the absolute bottom of the barrel of vermin. along with your blue bigot friends.

Throughout the glorious and hilarious shambles Rangers have become, the only single drawback is that green bigot scum have enjoyed it too. And have indeed tried to ingratiate themselves in a "hail fellow well met" manner with decent human beings (i.e. non Old Firm fans).

Never forget - Celtic fans are not welcome in civilised society. You are no better than Rangers fans and are roundly despised by the rest of Scottish football.

I hate fence sitters. Just say what you mean FFS!!!! :P

The 'Celtic v Thistle is the big Glasgow derby now' patter is particularly nauseating to those of a red n yellow persuasion.

The 'Celtic v Thistle is the big Glasgow derby now' patter is particularly nauseating to those of a red n yellow persuasion.

Those of any persuasion, tbh, H. These two set themselves apart from the rest of Scottish football for years with their "play to our tune or we'll fúck off elsewhere" shite. Now one of them's dead we're supposed to greet the other with open arms? Fúck that.