Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

. I don't have the answers and tbh i am just sick fed up by the whole thing. I have been loud in my condemnation of our supporters in the past but there is a new generation that look backwards and believe that is their heritage and singing these songs of hate is their right. It was always going to be a long road but i believe what has happened in the last few years has made that road a helluva lot longer.

I realise I am watching from a distance but from my perspective, it actually seems worse than it was, say, 40 years ago.

It really isn't a side show for the vast majority of fans. Celtic fans will get hammered for what that group did but that was 150 out of 25,000. Do we apportion equal blame to the 24,850 who didn't attack the mini bus and didn't put up 'sectarian' banners? The guy attacked outside the pub was probably attacked by celtic fans but until we know who they are we don't know if they go to the games or are the ones we see every weekend walking about their Lanarkshire town centres wearing teams colours when 'their team' are playing 20 minutes up the road in a half empty stadium!

I am usually out working after these games in Renfrewshire and i see the trouble first hand and i know for a fact those causing the vast majority of the trouble are not genuine football supporters but are idiots who attach themselves to one side of the divide or the other and use this game as an excuse to get pished and attack each other.

As for the singing inside the ground. It is never going to offend me....ffs if that sort of thing bothered me i would need a new line of work..but it does frustrate the hell out of me. Both clubs are doing what they can to stamp it out but in all honesty i see the good work that has been done beginning to go back the way. We have this seige mentality at Ibrox that has the youngsters 'rebelling' against authority and thinking it's cool belting out TBBs and Super Rangers and on the other side we have their youngsters playing at politics for a country that most of them have never even seen. I don't have the answers and tbh i am just sick fed up by the whole thing. I have been loud in my condemnation of our supporters in the past but there is a new generation that look backwards and believe that is their heritage and singing these songs of hate is their right. It was always going to be a long road but i believe what has happened in the last few years has made that road a helluva lot longer.

This is why all right minded fans hoped the gates of Ibrox would be welded shut, after all the cheating and liquidation. Instead we have to continue to live with this shite. I hope everyone at the SFA/SPFL is delighted with the match at the weekend. Dicks.

Not to mention a lot of the so called decents have walked away. What we're left with is a confused and angry rump who's only course of action is lashing out with impotent anger and singing songs about hating kafflicks. WATP.

"Both clubs are doing what they can to stamp it out "

No they're not. But keep trotting that shite out if it salves your conscience over following such a vile institution.

Yeah this is the nonsense that has been getting peddled for years. It's like the 'tiny minority' that sing the sectarian songs; a minority I'll agree, but a substantial one not a tiny one.

Both clubs are only too happy to exploit their 'roots' and everything that goes with that to appease their respective fans.

"Both clubs are doing what they can to stamp it out "

No they're not. But keep trotting that shite out if it salves your conscience over following such a vile institution.

You don't need to take my word for it you can take UEFAs word for it. It always makes me laugh when people like yourself trot out the UEFA fines Rangers have received yet never once have i read a P&D on here mention the praise Rangers were given by UEFA in their fight against this and the workshops they have set up working with schools and the local council to try and stamp this behaviour out

There is also the 1000+ who are now banned

Only yesterday celtic released a player for making a sectarian comment

Not to mention a lot of the so called decents have walked away. What we're left with is a confused and angry rump who's only course of action is lashing out with impotent anger and singing songs about hating kafflicks. WATP.

Oh sorry i thought we were discussing both sets of supporters? :rolleyes:

You're right to a point. This is why i would never follow a new club created by the supporters as this club would attract the Vanguard Bear/Union Bears kinda supporter.

You're right to a point. This is why i would never follow a new club created by the supporters as this club would attract the Vanguard Bear/Union Bears kinda supporter.

I think the exact same would happen with the other lot if they suffered the same fate tbf. There'd be a lot less jolly craicsters and the not that well hidden racist/terrorist sympathisers would grow even louder. But unfortunately they haven't, yet.

You don't need to take my word for it you can take UEFAs word for it. It always makes me laugh when people like yourself trot out the UEFA fines Rangers have received yet never once have i read a P&D on here mention the praise Rangers were given by UEFA in their fight against this and the workshops they have set up working with schools and the local council to try and stamp this behaviour out

There is also the 1000+ who are now banned

Only yesterday celtic released a player for making a sectarian comment

As every game demonstrates, this is insufficient. 1000's banned? Ban 10's of thousands and come back to me.

As every game demonstrates, this is insufficient. 1000's banned? Ban 10's of thousands and come back to me.

The moral guardians eh. Were you at the game when one of your fans attacked Andy Cameron? Were you at the game when there was a minutes silence for Rangers and Scotland great George Young and your whole support sang 'we re only sheep shagging b*****ds' all the way through it?

As for banning fans. The Aberdeen fan that hit the old pensioner at pittodrie which left the pensioner needing stitches in a face wound was not even banned. We know this as he was lifted again for hitting a young lad at Ibrox underground when yet again your fans tried to go on the rampage. How many were banned? There was trouble at a United v Aberdeen game recently...how many did your own club ban? Come back to me when your own club has its house in order.

It really isn't a side show for the vast majority of fans. Celtic fans will get hammered for what that group did but that was 150 out of 25,000. Do we apportion equal blame to the 24,850 who didn't attack the mini bus and didn't put up 'sectarian' banners? The guy attacked outside the pub was probably attacked by celtic fans but until we know who they are we don't know if they go to the games or are the ones we see every weekend walking about their Lanarkshire town centres wearing teams colours when 'their team' are playing 20 minutes up the road in a half empty stadium!

I am usually out working after these games in Renfrewshire and i see the trouble first hand and i know for a fact those causing the vast majority of the trouble are not genuine football supporters but are idiots who attach themselves to one side of the divide or the other and use this game as an excuse to get pished and attack each other.

As for the singing inside the ground. It is never going to offend me....ffs if that sort of thing bothered me i would need a new line of work..but it does frustrate the hell out of me. Both clubs are doing what they can to stamp it out but in all honesty i see the good work that has been done beginning to go back the way. We have this seige mentality at Ibrox that has the youngsters 'rebelling' against authority and thinking it's cool belting out TBBs and Super Rangers and on the other side we have their youngsters playing at politics for a country that most of them have never even seen. I don't have the answers and tbh i am just sick fed up by the whole thing. I have been loud in my condemnation of our supporters in the past but there is a new generation that look backwards and believe that is their heritage and singing these songs of hate is their right. It was always going to be a long road but i believe what has happened in the last few years has made that road a helluva lot longer.

The sad thing is that both sets of gloryhunters actually believe that.

As for not having the answers? There are followers of Killie, Ayr, QOtS, Dumbarton, Albion Rovers, and many other clubs who seem to have found an answer. Basically, it boils down to not supporting, financially emotionally or otherwise, any institution which bases its business plan on encouraging division and separatism. No amount of silverware can remove the stench of bigotry from "traditional" songs and abuse.

Really, really, not rocket surgery.

You wouldn't support a Rangers franchise started by fans of the club, but you have happily given your money and support to a succession of conmen and criminals?

I'll never understand...

Thank f**k I was never chosen, What a mess.

Steady, WMM. He actuall said 1000+. Could be plus one. If we accepted that, somehow, they all had a ticket for Sunday, they were hell of a loud. Minority my arse.

If the rangers hadn't mobilised the Bigot Army with their calls of "enemies of the club", "rightful place", and Charlie's accusations of their fate being because of bigotry, the Tribute Act would never have paid for a time-share in Benidorm, let alone a medium sized chateau.

Played like fiddles, and hurting badly as they survey the wreckage of their beloved "institution".

Fucking lovely. Now let them die like their predecessors so we can watch the other lot slide further into the "mediocrity" which, apparently, is what the honest and non-discriminatory remainder of our game would be without the "Old Firm" :barf

What answer did they find?

That football is football. Scottish Football, in particular has (ETA: or should have) nothing whatsoever to do with centuries of Irish History or a campaign of terrorism carried out against the country in which these teams play.

For the hard of thinking - It's only a fucking game.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

Around the start of the Romanov era Hearts had a load of player's "on loan from Kaunas".

The situation was a bit different as moving to Scottish football was a step up as opposed to down and there aren't the same cross border complexities between us and Lithuania as there are across the Tweed but it wasn't entirely dissimilar either.

Once Romanov had actually concluded the takeover the practice petered out as the point of it was to allow the incoming boss to start strengthening his side immediately without waiting till the deal was fully done.

Ashley can't bring in players on regular terms as it technically isn't his club yet

If Romanov's takeover had fallen through then Miko, Cheney and Jankauskas would have been gone and similarly if someone else turns up with enough money to buy out Ashley's stake these new arrivals can be recalled.