Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Isin't this what the SFA rules on dual ownership are intended for. Where players could be used to transfer money from one business to another, I know these are loans but can you imagine if the league was closer and they had a direct influence in the outcome ? I would think all those who are pushing for a play off place and are being fiscally prudent must think how can you be struggling to pay a HMRC at the beginning of the month and sign players at the end of the month.

How many of these guys are gonna actually get a game? Can't imagine this going down well in the dressing room.

Personally i couldnt care less how it goes down in the dressing room. Those wage thieves had tbeir chances and have been found wanting...or should i say...been found not to give a f**k about anything other than their bank balances.

Isin't this what the SFA rules on dual ownership are intended for. Where players could be used to transfer money from one business to another, I know these are loans but can you imagine if the league was closer and they had a direct influence in the outcome ? I would think all those who are pushing for a play off place and are being fiscally prudent must think how can you be struggling to pay a HMRC at the beginning of the month and sign players at the end of the month.

It is crazy.

Loan arrangements usually involve some mutually suitable division of wages. We can only assume that in this case, given Rangers' poverty, Newcastle must still be footing most of it.

It's also the case that there are restrictions on bringing in anything like so many players on loan from domestic leagues. Again such restrictions exist for a reason and going 'international' in this way gets round it.

I'd love to know how Ashley can claim not to be exerting influence in this case.

It really does skew the notion of sporting competition, but then that's not a new thing for this lot.

They only have the players on loan, I don't imagine Rangers will be paying much if anything towards wages.

They have done nothing wrong. Nothing was stopping other teams from getting players on loan.

Other clubs are not in the position that Rangers are, to bring in a load of Newcastle players.

The rules on player registration were plainly there to be bent or broken, and were soon buckled with no serious consequences from the football authorities.

The rules on corporate governance are so fvcked that the authorities insist the same two clubs can co-exist as two separate entities - one of them can die and the other live, and yet still be the same club, without raising any eyebrows*.

So-called "signing bans", easily circumvented by designating signings as "trialists" and the rules on trading while insolvent are currently taking an eye-popping fisting, right up to the gall bladder.

So why anyone would imagine that the rules on dual ownership might prevent busloads of Newcastle squad members rumbling northwards, I have no idea. Very plainly, both OldCo and NewCo have done and can do whatever the hell they like without any serious complaint from the SPFL.

*A notable case here - Airdrieonians FC, and how come they can now call themselves that without difficulty, but couldn't until recently.

Edited by flyingrodent

Bloody hell some bit part players from newcastle who will probably cost Rangers a fortune appear to have the usual suspects frothing at the mouth again.

The SFA's hearings are coming up soon and Peter, Rod and Stuart will make sure that Rangers are severely punished for Ashleys dual interest.

Do you ever watch clubs like Dundee Utd and Aberdeen put together good teams while living within their means and just cry?

Aberdeen lived within their means you say, ye cannae beat a good bit of revisionism.....

Personally i couldnt care less how it goes down in the dressing room. Those wage thieves had tbeir chances and have been found wanting...or should i say...been found not to give a f**k about anything other than their bank balances.

I don't think that'll be the biggest issue......just like you saw with Lewis MacLeod....it'll be the way and where these players are incorporated into the team as well as the tactics they're asked to follow.

A couple of thoughts from Sunday's game, haven't been on since and given the match thread is now locked...

We were beaten by the better side, not a good side but a better side.

90 Mins and not one clear chance created (or a shot on target) tells its own story.

Certainly in the first half, C*ltic were first to the ball and the 2nd ball, closed our players down in possession much more quickly and definitely much more 'up for it'.

Gifted 2 goals but Common's finish was top drawer.

2nd half we huffed and puffed but at least seemed to have a bit more fight about us.

The most entertainment was given at half time with the one on one competition, sign em up Kenny!

After the finish came out pissed off with the result but at least didn't get the predicted hammering many expected, not much satisfaction from that though tbh.

The banner displayed in the C*ltic end 'At the Going Down of the ***', did it have the desired effect? yep probably in that it showed that there are no depths that some of their support are prepared to go to!

Scott Brown, high five after fouling Black? What a f*ckin p***k of a footballer!

£30 Parking fine when we got back to the Bus for parking in an unmarked area on Cathkinview Place, robbing GCC Bast*rds !!!

Great atmosphere in the Clockwork before the game,

Do I miss playing C*ltic? certainly not at the moment.

That's pretty much it.

Have any media outlets claimed these guys 'dreams have come true' pulling on the blue Jersey?

Must be the 1st Rangers signings that haven't if not.

Not sure Jon Daly claimed that when he signed.

Why? ... Ashley could simply being doing it to burn through the loan money to put Rangers as far into debt as possible before the EGM. If King is successful he could be looking at paying for part of NUFC's wage bill. What does it matter to Ashley ... either way those wages were coming out of his pocket/club ... Which balance they sheet they end up on doesn't really matter to him nor affect him.

I don't know who is paying these players. However, I suspect it's Newcastle and the end to the above paragraph explains why. Without damaging Rangers by costing them money, he's found a way to enhance their promotion prospects.

I think it's a possible sign of things to come. It's extremely cynical and is fundamentally unsporting, but I don't imagine it can be prevented.

St Mirren got 3 or 4, more than likely from links to the club through Tommy Craig.

I'm sure Stubbs could have got more players from Everton/Celtic if he tried.

Same goes for James Fowler for Killie players.

It's limited in these instances however, by the hosting club having to pay at least a chunk of the wages that the players have been earning at a bigger club. Due to Rangers' 'relationship' with Newcastle, I suspect that this isn't the case here.

It's limited in these instances however, by the hosting club having to pay at least a chunk of the wages that the players have been earning at a bigger club. Due to Rangers' 'relationship' with Newcastle, I suspect that this isn't the case here.

Oh you suspect. What you really mean is you have absolutely no idea how much these youngsters are on and have absolutely no idea who is paying them.

A couple of thoughts from Sunday's game, haven't been on since and given the match thread is now locked...

We were beaten by the better side, not a good side but a better side.

90 Mins and not one clear chance created (or a shot on target) tells its own story.

Certainly in the first half, C*ltic were first to the ball and the 2nd ball, closed our players down in possession much more quickly and definitely much more 'up for it'.

Gifted 2 goals but Common's finish was top drawer.

2nd half we huffed and puffed but at least seemed to have a bit more fight about us.

The most entertainment was given at half time with the one on one competition, sign em up Kenny!

After the finish came out pissed off with the result but at least didn't get the predicted hammering many expected, not much satisfaction from that though tbh.

The banner displayed in the C*ltic end 'At the Going Down of the ***', did it have the desired effect? yep probably in that it showed that there are no depths that some of their support are prepared to go to!

Scott Brown, high five after fouling Black? What a f*ckin p***k of a footballer!

£30 Parking fine when we got back to the Bus for parking in an unmarked area on Cathkinview Place, robbing GCC Bast*rds !!!

Great atmosphere in the Clockwork before the game,

Do I miss playing C*ltic? certainly not at the moment.

That's pretty much it.

Aw diddums, were you pissed off Celtic had better players than you? You don't like playing bigger teams than you? c**t! you've got a fucking cheek, how do you think the rest of us felt playing you lot when you had Gazza, Laudrup , Etc,for instance? Drink it in and remember now you are worse than us diddies, you're nothing more than cheating hasbeens who think they can still lord it up over everyone. Sorry, those days are long gone!