Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Surely Rangers are due to pay that too?

You'll have to excuse me here. You mean Rangers must be due to pay the SPL's costs for e.g. hiring Lord Nimmo Smith and so on?

I'm not sure that's how it works, although I wouldn't weep if it was. Old and New Rangers aren't on the hook for e.g. the millions it's cost the taxpayer to investigate your former owners' rampant financial jiggery-pokery, for example.

Did the SPL not claim (or at least try to) that Rangers were due to pay for Harper Macloed`s failure in misunderstanding the league bodies own rules? It looks like the low level paper gatherer was deficient in more than one way.

£20M is the approx. cost for that fiasco and yes you and me the tax payers will have to foot that particular bill, this figure has not come from HMRC of course, they have refused to cooperate with those trying to establish the cost of this failed exercise in respective punishments. Maybe they have taken a leaf out of that arsehole Murray`s book.

I don't remember anything about Harper McLeod, but I doubt it's important.

You might find this surprising, but the cops and the Crown don't often publish figures on how much they spend on unsuccessful investigations either, and there's no general clamour for them to do so. It's their job to investigate criminality where they have good reason to suspect that it's going on, just as it's HMRC's.

Well, I'm not exactly correct here - every now and then, the odd suspected criminal who's been prosecuted and the charges found unproven makes noises about the taxpayers' expense, but very few people take that seriously.

Tis true enough, he was desperate enough to sign anything.

Which suggests that, back in 2012, this 'separation of club and company' hogwash wasn't even a twinkle in anyone's eye.

If it had been, Chuckles wouldn't have had to clutch at straws and Rangers (company-in-liquidation-club-in-phoenix-mode) would have waltzed straight into the league.

Just out of interest has the SPL/SFLP or whatever it's called put in a claim to BDO for money from the creditors pot?

Some people elsewhere saying they have but i can't find anything offical...

That prompts another thought. Since TRIFC are being hounded by the authorities for debts incurred by Oldco, shouldn't TRIFC become creditors of Oldco (in liquidation) and see if they can get a few pence in the pound?

Strange behaviour from the SPFL and SFA boards here, we all know that at the time the fine was for oldco and not newco. This was made very clear and the matter was ended and it has to be asked why wait so long before demanding that this money be paid.

Some people may also say that either the SPFL is in financial trouble and needs this money badly (and don't care how they get it) or that this is malicious act from them with one purpose in mind (especially when the club is in chaos at the moment). Obviously these are at this moment not my views as i'm still pondering all of this.

Not really, Rangers appealed the Telfer money based on being a continuation, so by being a continuation they are liable for the debt

Not really, Rangers appealed the Telfer money based on being a continuation, so by being a continuation they are liable for the debt

Great. That means we are due all that transfer money that went to the oldco and all the prize money that the newco never received. We are going to be quids in

Then pay the millions owed by the oldco.

Yahtzee! Crackerjack! Sevco!

Congratulations you've just won the great new game for bears 2+, Sevco! It's easy and fun! All you need to do is start arguing that you're the actually same club, but through a twisted series of lies and self-delusions get caught arguing that you're totally,completely different we all shout Sevco! Sevco it's fun, not at all tedious and available everywhere*

*Club that thinks it's a company except when it has liabilities paradox and some dissembling required. Warning, any old shit written by a former player, manager, trainer or chairmen will be completely swallowed. Cup competitions may cause choking hazard.

Edited by williemillersmoustache

Nah not buying that one as the spfl was after that money before the telfer case.

Whit?

This was not my tale it is yours.

The 5 way agreement text makes it clear that it was nothing to do with the existing footballing debts, these were classed as things like transfer fees and match day revenue, the reason this FINE is payable is down to something else entirely, something that was completely hidden within this agreement and that nobody had blogged about.

Away and don't shite.

Just a shame that Law Lord didnt understand it.