Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Not sure I would describe it as bigoted rather than just an awful piece of mean spirited writing. The funny thing is most of the tropes could just as easily be used to describe the equally mindless terrorist sympathisers and racist apologists who support the other cheek.

Walter Smith, also duped apparently. Honest question, was he paid when he was Greens lickspittle, mouthpiece, chattel/hoor?

Some brass neck these Rangers 'legends'.

From the BBC website

Former Rangers manager Walter Smith says he will never return to Ibrox in an official capacity and regrets joining the troubled club's board.

Smith returned to Ibrox in November 2012 as a non-executive director under then-chief executive Charles Green and became chairman six months later.

"I still go to the games now and again, but I would not go back on to the board again :lol: ," the 66-year-old said.

"I learned it's an environment I'm not particularly comfortable in."

Smith also believes he should have stood down as chairman much sooner than he did in August 2013.

At the time, he accused Yorkshireman Green and former directors Brian Stockbridge and Bryan Smart of creating a "highly dysfunctional environment".

"Not particularily comfortable in", means being totally out of his depth and useless. There were many who pointed that out at the time on P&B and elsewhere. You didn't have to be brain surgeon to know he was only there as a patsy for Green.

His appointment was all about giving Green some credibility and keeping the great unwashed amongst the Rangers support on side. It worked. "At the time" when he accused Green etc of being rogues was said as he walked, but could have said the same at any time while he was still chairman. But cash in his pocket dictated his timing.

Smith no doubt was well rewarded for turning up. It is amazing how wise he can be after the event, when his uselessness is confirmed by himself, but of course he does not apologise to the Rangers fans on how he assisted Green in hoodwinking them.

Like so many other Rangers legends delighted to take the large amounts of money, but repeatedly show they are happy to treat the club and the fans with total contempt - as long as they are well paid for it.

Edited by thelegendthatis

Not sure I would describe it as bigoted rather than just an awful piece of mean spirited writing. The funny thing is most of the tropes could just as easily be used to describe the equally mindless terrorist sympathisers and racist apologists who support the other cheek.

What's a Israel got to do with this?

Agreed, it's a shite piece and only very marginally funny. Great excuse to label someone a bigot though and get up on ones high-horse about discrimination before donning your union jack onesie and heading off to sing about bathing in the other guys blood.

Not sure if you can link directly to the Sun unless you are a subscriber, however here is the article in full, previously posted (by a non Rangers fan) on this thread.

Aye, posted (font size and selective bolding intact) on the rangers v celtic, celtic v rangers forum. No link to the Sun, just a post on an Internet forum. And we know how selective that can be, don't we? Oh, and not even the whole post. you missed this bit...

You really must be lower than low for The Sun to claim you aren't a sound and proper journalist. What does that say about the Celtic fans who hang onto every single word uttered by Mac Giolla Bhain?

Lower than a snake's belly ... the lot of them. PMSL

So yeah, all the evidence points to this poster having absolutely no sympathies with your lot :lol: . And that phrase "the lot of them" - do you agree that it's reasonable to tar all celtic fans like this? Because you're bloody vehement that you and the likes of Big Grugg's mate have nothing at all to do with the "minority" in the rangers' support.

So, brilliant work there, Pelucía - Just followed Vicky's link and presented it as fact. Two minutes between the cellardweller posting and you leaping on his link - you expect us to believe that you read that first? Or did you get a PM heads-up before he went public?

Aye, posted (font size and selective bolding intact) on the rangers v celtic, celtic v rangers forum. No link to the Sun, just a post on an Internet forum. And we know how selective that can be, don't we? Oh, and not even the whole post. you missed this bit...

You really must be lower than low for The Sun to claim you aren't a sound and proper journalist. What does that say about the Celtic fans who hang onto every single word uttered by Mac Giolla Bhain?

Lower than a snake's belly ... the lot of them. PMSL

So yeah, all the evidence points to this poster having absolutely no sympathies with your lot :lol: . And that phrase "the lot of them" - do you agree that it's reasonable to tar all celtic fans like this? Because you're bloody vehement that you and the likes of Big Grugg's mate have nothing at all to do with the "minority" in the rangers' support.

So, brilliant work there, Pelucía - Just followed Vicky's link and presented it as fact. Two minutes between the cellardweller posting and you leaping on his link - you expect us to believe that you read that first? Or did you get a PM heads-up before he went public?

Not another day of Failure for Tedi?...must be time for a meltdown.

Some brass neck these Rangers 'legends'.

From the BBC website

Former Rangers manager Walter Smith says he will never return to Ibrox in an official capacity and regrets joining the troubled club's board.

Smith returned to Ibrox in November 2012 as a non-executive director under then-chief executive Charles Green and became chairman six months later.

"I still go to the games now and again, but I would not go back on to the board again :lol: ," the 66-year-old said.

"I learned it's an environment I'm not particularly comfortable in."

Smith also believes he should have stood down as chairman much sooner than he did in August 2013.

At the time, he accused Yorkshireman Green and former directors Brian Stockbridge and Bryan Smart of creating a "highly dysfunctional environment".

"Not particularily comfortable in", means being totally out of his depth and useless. There were many who pointed that out at the time on P&B and elsewhere. You didn't have to be brain surgeon to know he was only there as a patsy for Green.

His appointment was all about giving Green some credibility and keeping the great unwashed amongst the Rangers support on side. It worked. "At the time" when he accused Green etc of being rogues was said as he walked, but could have said the same at any time while he was still chairman. But cash in his pocket dictated his timing.

Smith no doubt was well rewarded for turning up. It is amazing how wise he can be after the event, when his uselessness is confirmed by himself, but of course he does not apologise to the Rangers fans on how he assisted Green in hoodwinking them.

Like so many other Rangers legends delighted to take the large amounts of money, but repeatedly show they are happy to treat the club and the fans with total contempt - as long as they are well paid for it.

And I am delighted that he did so, must be pretty upsetting to be used in such a facile way by a club legend.

Oh well, yet another one of the true-blue Therangers men who would stab his brother theRanger in the back, quick as flash for a few grubby notes and a company car. It's the theThe Rangers way.

Agreed, it's a shite piece and only very marginally funny. Great excuse to label someone a bigot though and get up on ones high-horse about discrimination before donning your union jack onesie and heading off to sing about bathing in the other guys blood.

Phil is an obsessed moron, but that piece was genuinely used by Rangers fans to brand him as sectarian and stop the Sun serialising his book, ,,unfortunately for these morons it gave it nation wide publicity and a number 1 best seller.

First time I've read that ,,very good,, and believe it or not ,that Blog was the "evidence" rangers fans provided the Sun with of Phils sectarian tarringingness!!

First time I've seen it as well, and it's fucking horrible. How anyone could deny it is offensive, and sectarian to boot, is beyond me.

I'm just glad I don't move in the circles where it's necessary to follow what he's saying - unklik,e some of the P&B sleuth, obviously.

Typical WKR type response.

The vast majority of real non OF fans hate both sides, there are a large number of non OF fans that have absolutely no time at all for bigoted phil.

Even if this guy by chance did have 'sympathies with your lot' then I cannot fathom what difference it makes, you asked for the entire article and a link....you got it, unhappy with this you come back on the attack, rather than just admit that I was correct.

As for the last sentence....you asked for a source and two people gave you the answer you asked for....that is it, no need for the paranoia.

I got a post purporting to be the article, with no claim that it was the entire piece. You couldn't even put the whole post up.

As for the last sentence - I'm sure it's just coincidence that the post you part-quoted is the exact same one which Vicky linked to. Now, I'm just off to give Napoleon and Snowball their pre-flight checks...

No you don't and have said so on this very thread

Yes I do, and no I haven't. Unless, of course, you'd have us believe that the Divide is between celtic and rangers? Yet again, you try to reduce a disdain for all discrimination and prejudice to simplistic terms. The fact that I have been verbally and physically abused because of my upbringing by people following the "sporting" representative of one side of the divide does not imply sympathy for the other side. Only in the world where you have to be one or the other could this be seen to be the case.

Maybe if you could send a questionaire round the afterlife and ask any victim of the troubles how much of a fúck they cared which school the bombmaker who shortened their life went to?

Rangers (or Celtic for that matter) fans calling the other side bigots always makes me roll my eyes.

See? ---------> :rolleyes:

A large chunk of the fan base of either club is riddled with fucking bigotry.

"You're a bigot"

"Naw, you're a bigot"

I've said it before and I'll say it again; it's like one shite calling another shite smelly.

Let the diddies call both sides bigots - take it on the chin - and move the f**k on.

Phil's a fucking moron and doesn't reflect me or my views. I'm sure lots of the berz feel the same about that McMurdo tool.

Now........ Are they deid yet? 8)

The link was there with it, if you have a sun account then use it if you feel that I had some other motive...or that I missed something then it should be easy enough to prove(1).

You never asked for the entire post...you asked for the entire article.

It absolutely is coincidence, but getting two replies to a post is not exactly a big coincidence.(2)

1. Well, you missed the other article which your opposite number posted from the Guardian, which gives a wee bit of context, as well as being an object lesson in how, the lower the demographic of your target audience, the quicker you can change your moral stance in order to maintain sales. Maybe you weren't aware of it - I wasn't, but it should at least raise questions about your fellow follow followers' actions.

2. Napoleon? Check. Snowball? Check. OK, chaps, you are cleared for take-off...

SSN Rangers lost appeal for fine for cheating...old club was liquidated then reformed.

...beautiful.

RNS Number : 1834C
Rangers Int. Football Club PLC
14 January 2015

14 January 2015

Rangers International Football Club plc

("Rangers" or the "Company")

Scottish Professional Football League Limited ("SPFL") Claim

Further to the announcement on 17 December 2014, Rangers Football Club Limited (the "Club") lost the appeal with the Judicial Panel of the Scottish FA on 13 January 2015 in respect of the EBT Commission fine of £250,000 levied on RFC 2012 PLC (previously The Rangers Football Club plc) (in liquidation). The Club will now take the matter to arbitration.

For further information please contact:

Rangers International Football Club plc

Tel: 0141 580 8647

David Somers

WH Ireland Limited

Tel: 020 7220 1666

Adrian Hadden / Paul Shackleton

Newgate Threadneedle

Tel: 020 7148 6143

Roddy Watt / Ed Treadwell

RNS Number : 1834C
Rangers Int. Football Club PLC
14 January 2015

Further to the announcement on 17 December 2014, Rangers Football Club Limited (the "Club") lost the appeal with the Judicial Panel of the Scottish FA on 13 January 2015 in respect of the EBT Commission fine of £250,000 levied on RFC 2012 PLC (previously The Rangers Football Club plc) (in liquidation). The Club will now take the matter to arbitration.

So, they get fined but refuse to pay and appeal. The appeal goes against them, so now they take it to arbitration. How many chances do they get?