Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

http://news.stv.tv/west-central/306444-number-of-companies-run-by-sir-david-murray-set-for-liquidation/

A number of companies run by Sir David Murray have signalled their intention to go in to liquidation

I know this is old ground but what's always interested me about the EBT thing is this:

HMRC’s argument revolved around the use of employee benefit trusts which were used by the companies, including the Rangers oldco, which they alleged were used as emoluments to employees. Murray successfully argued they were loans which remain recoverable.

But in Rangers case, or these firms, have they actually recovered them?

I know this is old ground but what's always interested me about the EBT thing is this:

HMRCs argument revolved around the use of employee benefit trusts which were used by the companies, including the Rangers oldco, which they alleged were used as emoluments to employees. Murray successfully argued they were loans which remain recoverable.

But in Rangers case, or these firms, have they actually recovered them?

Given that all 5 Murray companies (well 4 and 1 football club) that used EBTs are now in process of being liquidated or have just to start the process, surely the liquidators will look at reclaiming these 'loans'

What was that phrase again....ah yes...'tarred with a sickening sectarian brush'

Yes that was the phrase the Sun used to describe what Rangers fans had done to him after the jammed the switchboard in a desperate attempt to stop freedom of speech..

The Sun also said in the same article that......

"We believed Phil Mac Giolla Bhain to be a proper and sound journalist."

.....the only people tarred were the orcs...but they're to thick to understand that.

So Fat larry's band is Phil 3 names . Just need Leggo to return for balance.

Very rarely were that carpet biting, wild eyed head case and 'balance' ever acquainted.

Anyway, the FT article might be good news (of sorts) as you would know if you'd read it rather than making snide comments.

It's behind a paywall so here:

Journo is one "Paul Murphy" though.

ajOjfnO.jpg

Corporate skullduggery at its finest right there.

When football clubs with over inflated opinions of themselves, behave like high priced whores and get into to bed with these egotistical meglomaniacs the outcome is always going to be a nasty disease...at best.

Sing and chant all you like about titles and trophies...

...the knowledge of how they were financed is laid bare for all to see.

Meaning of "King of the Hill" :- " a children's game in which the object is to beat one's rivals to the top of a mound or other high place, and to keep possession of the place. one who is in command or successful ...

During the CVA ... Green will have control and final say as the largest unsecured creditor as to which "bid will be accepted" ... More offshore chaps? Which part of him having the role of HMRC did you not understand?

I already stated the whole debt could be mince and just rumour ,,, however if true he holds the power during a CVA according to the rules.

Oh I understand your thinking ref CVA vote but why would he be the largest unsecured creditor? Would be more likely he has some hold still over assets which would make him secured, if as you previously say he has everything sewn up. Could explain why Easdales are still there and why Ibrox can't be used itself to secure more funding perhaps. Why would he leave himself in the position of being bottom of the heap and not King of the payout Hill in terms of financial pay off to creditors if your rumour is true?

Obvious trolling. Couldn't possibly be anything to do with the fact they got relegated that they are making less money. Never mind the fact that if TRFC are somehow the answer to all of Scottish footballs financial issues (as we are constantly told), Hibs are actually in the seem league as them.

It's fair comment that a lack of a Proddy Franchise might mean fewer pennies going into the game but it's hard to evaluate how that might affect other teams, particularly the Diddies. Celtic fans will have their own takes on the end of the Spousal Battery Alliance as was.

None of us are true masters of self awareness, but a fan of the Rangers/the the Rangers trying to pass Hibs results off as the upshot of his own teams' recklessness is either serious chutzpah or completely blinkered.

Anyhoo ...

Ha Ha

He has been outed as a bigot on numerous occasions, bit like you ya moron.

Unusually, Tedi, I agree with you on the man's character and effect his output has on the perpetuation of the Sectarian divide in our country. It takes two to tango, though, and if the "sickeningly sectarian brush" quote you've been bandying about with abandon for so long did, indeed, have its roots as an insult from the fuckwits on the other side of the fence (rather than from an impartial and accountable source), then I'm afraid it carries about as much weight as your explanation of the old club's five stars.

For the record, I and many other people find both sides of this divide equally obsolete, distasteful and stupid.

Unusually, Tedi, I agree with you on the man's character and effect his output has on the perpetuation of the Sectarian divide in our country. It takes two to tango, though, and if the "sickeningly sectarian brush" quote you've been bandying about with abandon for so long did, indeed, have its roots as an insult from the fuckwits on the other side of the fence (rather than from an impartial and accountable source), then I'm afraid it carries about as much weight as your explanation of the old club's five stars.

For the record, I and many other people find both sides of this divide equally obsolete, distasteful and stupid.

Exactly , but these morons oft quote this in regards to Phil, but they are to thick to realise its Rangers fans the Sun are taking about, "He has been tarred with a sickening sectarian brush"BY RANGERS FANS ,,hence they continued in the same article that he was "A proper and sound journalist "

Now is Tedi that fukin stupid that he is claiming that The Sun branded him sickeningly sectarian and a proper and sound journalist at the same time?!!!

Exactly , but these morons oft quote this in regards to Phil, but they are to thick to realise its Rangers fans the Sun are taking about, "He has been tarred with a sickening sectarian brush"BY RANGERS FANS ,,hence they continued in the same article that he was "A proper and sound journalist "

Now is Tedi that fukin stupid that he is claiming that The Sun branded him sickeningly sectarian and a proper and sound journalist at the same time?!!!

Thanks for proving my point. This kind of point-scoring whataboutery belongs in your lots' own wee playpen - most of us can delight in the berrz' travails without having to reference their former business partners all the time.

Two sides of the same coin - with nothing in common but the coin.

:unsure:

So has no8 but you still go for a drink with him.says something about you.

The point is, CB, the existence of No8. doesn't make Phil InsertNameHere any better or worse a person, or vice versa. They're both trapped in a mindset where fear and loathing of the "other" colours their day-to-day existence.

Ha Ha

I still cringe when I see a Rangers fan describe anyone else as a bigot considering your old club only became so successful due to the widespread hated and distrust of the Irish and Catholics that existed when Celtic were created.

It still exists today for that matter.

Ha Ha

His incubator blog was particularly bigoted even for him and I believe that help for heroes got in touch with the suns English edition over some of his previous comments.

Nice, that is completely out of context.

Did you really think you would get away with that one?

We believed Phil Mac Giolla Bhain to be a proper and sound journalist. Channel 4 News chief correspondent Alex Thomson obviously agreed and wrote the foreword in the book.

He was wrong and so were we..”

Do us all a favour, Tedi. As you obviously have the source material close at hand (metaphorically at least), post it up here so we can make our own minds up. No editorial comment or spin, thanks - we're all adults and mostly fairly good with the written word. You and The King are doing nothing more than cherry-picking what suits your differing agendas, and it serves no real purpose.

Or, take it to your own wee playpen and let us get on with laughing at the gummi berrz, phoenix nights and other sundry shenanigans.