Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

A lot of excellent posts helping lay people like me have some understanding of what is going on and what the future is for the Govan based team.

Every year I can remember, as a 50 year old football fan, the team that plays at G51 2XD buys some of the best players from rival clubs (or at least they were good when they were with their original clubs). Would it be fair to estimate the true state of Govan team by what they do in the transfer window to replace McLeod?

From this thread P&B posters are quoting from Rangersmedia fans enthusiastically speculating about the usual warchest and spending their way to success (trying to anyway). Other posters are speculating about the imminent second Administration or even Liquidation. Will what Sevco do on the transfer front help us in anyway with what the current prospects are for said club?

I'd agree that there's a difficult circle in there to square, but any upcoming share issue that can be underwritten by the new guys, should have a good chance of success I'd have thought.

If this season can be limped through, perhaps with King investment, or even further Ashley loans, a propaganda mission like the one you suggest, might also enjoy some success.

Due to the play-offs, there remains a decent chance that Rangers will still get promoted this season and that might create better conditions for again shifting lots of STs.

Lots of variables are still at play. If I was a Rangers fan, King would scare (and shame) me as much as excite me, but the shift in Ashley's position does make things look different now.

There's certainly plenty of potential cash available to be raised from the supporters, with the right cajoling. Plus, given the unpopularity of the current board/executive, you'd have to imagine that e.g. Mr Custard could walk through the door and start blethering about "traditions", and the funds would flow in.

The long term situation - assuming that there is one, given the huge deficit - looks a bit rosier for them now. In the short term though, the team on the park look like they'd rather be anywhere other than playing for this club. The new manager will have to find a way to turn that around quickly, because the team looks like they're in a death spiral at the moment and nothing will ensure empty stadiums quite like regular defeats.

(No doubt they'll win 11-0 today or something, just because I said that. I have quite a history for making statements like Nostradumbass).

Can this tax dodging convicted criminal be involved with Rangers?..wasnt he on the board when they went into administration?

Did any other bear have a little smirk when reading kingys post?

Looks like starving the lowlifes of funds is starting to have the desired affect and the investors/hedge funders are doing one, leaving the lowlifes isolated on the board and uncle Mike having been neutered by Law well and Petrie.

Even if the bears win control of the club, this season is a right off, if all goes well hopefully next season will see a scouting network in place, proper coaching and a real manager - then back up to the top league.

Even with the fans back at Ibrox in our usual numbers thanks to those onerous contracts we may still need additional funding, there is always the problem of the board doing further damage before they are ousted.

All in all a ray of light in a bleak sky.

Edit for spacing on this stupid tablet.

Edited by bennett

Not 100% on this but is he not currently unable to become a director for an amount of time because of his previous involvement??. This was discussed back when he and the UoFs attempted to derail the season ticket sales, but I'm not going all the way back to look for it, takes too long.

Should be interesting to see how both King and Somers get on, didn't Somers summon King to showdown talks last March?. There was also members of the board who were removed because of their leanings towards doing a deal with David King rather than Mike Ashley, then there's that e-mail.....

David King's tax problems in South Africa have not gone away. http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dave-kings-dream-owning-rangers-4875145

He would have to apply and get permission to become a director, even if he was rejected he could always place someone in the boardroom on his behalf.

Looks like starving the lowlifes of funds is starting to have the desired affect and the investors/hedge funders are doing one, leaving the lowlifes isolated on the board and uncle Mike having been neutered by Law well and Petrie.

Even if the bears win control of the club, this season is a right off, if all goes well hopefully next season will see a scouting network in place, proper coaching and a real manager - then back up to the top league.

Even with the fans back at Ibrox in our usual numbers thanks to those onerous contracts we may still need additional funding, there is always the problem of the board doing further damage before they are ousted.

'Back up'. Tsk!

Standard BerrSpeak.

Every club would like additional funding, only one needs it to get to their "rightful place". A place they've never been.

A lot of excellent posts helping lay people like me have some understanding of what is going on and what the future is for the Govan based team.

Every year I can remember, as a 50 year old football fan, the team that plays at G51 2XD buys some of the best players from rival clubs (or at least they were good when they were with their original clubs). Would it be fair to estimate the true state of Govan team by what they do in the transfer window to replace McLeod?

From this thread P&B posters are quoting from Rangersmedia fans enthusiastically speculating about the usual warchest and spending their way to success (trying to anyway). Other posters are speculating about the imminent second Administration or even Liquidation. Will what Sevco do on the transfer front help us in anyway with what the current prospects are for said club?

Sorry if I asked a daft question, I take it that everyone thinks The Rangers are is such bad shape that they will definitely not buy anyone at all to replace McLeod and we can take from this that they really are fecked.

The first time they were liquidated they somehow managed to buy the second most expensive squad in Scottish football by some considerable margin - so sorry if I am a bit thick and or confused.

Anyone prepared to predict what they will do in the transfer window? An earlier poster did suggest they might get some journeymen types. Is that the consensus?

Do you not currently have the second best paid set of players in Scottish Football and was this not the case also the situation soon after liquidtion when players like Shiels, Black etc were bought and then last seasonZaliiukas, Bell, Boyd and Miller. What team apart from Celtic pays more for their playing staff?

Your just winding me up aren't you, you bad man?

I take it Bennett that you think Ranger will not get any new players in the Transfer window

Sorry if I asked a daft question, I take it that everyone thinks The Rangers are is such bad shape that they will definitely not buy anyone at all to replace McLeod and we can take from this that they really are fecked.

The first time they were liquidated they somehow managed to buy the second most expensive squad in Scottish football by some considerable margin - so sorry if I am a bit thick and or confused.

Anyone prepared to predict what they will do in the transfer window? An earlier poster did suggest they might get some journeymen types. Is that the consensus?

Given they've immediately ploughed the McLeod money into paying the wages and the lecky bill, I doubt there'll be much action for them in the transfer window, unless it's more sales.

OTOH, you can never tell what bizarre tactic is coming next at Ibrox but it's usually insane and suicidal, so I wouldn't be astonished if they went for an all-or-nothing, spend-spend-spend strategy in an attempt to fill the stadium and save their season.

Do you not currently have the second best paid set of players in Scottish Football and was this not the case also the situation soon after liquidtion when players like Shiels, Black etc were bought and then last seasonZaliiukas, Bell, Boyd and Miller. What team apart from Celtic pays more for their playing staff?

I take it Bennett that you think Ranger will not get any new players in the Transfer window

ha ha you've just asked Bennett a question. Get ready for loads of deflection and slavering by him

I believe you said "rangers managed to buy the second most expensive team in Scottish football"

The emphasis is on the word buy :-)

No we won't get any players in this window, will probably lose most of them.

Any spacing issues is the tablets fault and not mine.

Sevco fans rejoicing over one of the biggest convicted tax dodgers in history, buying some shares in their clumpany. Similar to Craigy boy, surely he should be banned from any involvement with any football club. Guy is a Grade 1 convicted criminal

Edited by Sting777

I believe you said "rangers managed to buy the second most expensive team in Scottish football" The emphasis is on the word buy :-)No we won't get any players in this window, will probably lose most of them.Any spacing issues is the tablets fault and not mine.

decided to greenie that as it's the first time you've actually answered some1 without your usual brand of deflection. Now you can go back to being normal