Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

On the Ashley issue - he has effective control right now, no?

He also has his hands on some of the most important income streams - and thus I would say he still has the club by the balls.

Maybe he'll just let go like the noble hedge fund tenders?

No Ashley has influence on the clubs affairs. Ashley has just about taken all the profitable revenue streams that are guaranteed to show a profit for him mostly and the club gets a pittance. And you are absolutely correct he has the club by the balls, nice. :)

One of his last great moves was giving back the naming rights for advertising boards at the stadium saving him millions in advertising. Smart guy. :lol:

Having read a good few pages of this, plus the guys blog regarding Cockwomble, the BBC stuff and a few other bits and pieces I want to know if I have got this right..

1. Tax dodger Davo has bought 16% odd of shares from a hedge fund who have sold them at a vast loss.

2. The 3 Bears ( Daddy, Mummy and Baby) have also bought a lump of shares from another institutional investor who again has sold up at a vast loss.

3. The 3 Bears and dodgy Davo claim to not be working together .This is important and has to be said because, should they be working together, then as they have upwards of 30% of the shares, they would then need to offer all existing shareholders the chance to sell their shares to dodgy Davo and his three Bears at a price quite a bit higher than they are priced at now. This of course is exactly what dodgy Davo vowed not to do, as he wants his cash to go directly to Sevco rather than the gold diggers who populate the corridors of power at Ibrokes.

Of course by buying shares yesterday he has paid money that won't be going to Sevco, but at least it won't be going to Sommers, the Easdales, Micky Gashly, Craig Shyte, Charles Green or any of the other utter shysters ( he hopes)

How we doing so far??

4 Given the dumping of shares by two large companies/hedge funds, do they know that the balloon is about to go up?

5. Cockwomble is either very stupid or trying to prepare the ground for Admin II. Either way, it would seem he has shat the bed and by spouting his mouth off to Piss McLaughlin has surely talked himself out of a job at last, given what he has said ( unless of course all our club chairmen agree but just haven't told anyone).

6. Micky Gashly is being pissed on and may well be pissed off. His dastardly plan is being derailed by the cunning Davo and his 3 bears. This may make him angry and he may fancy a financial or legal "Square Go"

7. Sommers, at least one Easdale and Llambias will soon be oot on their arses. Question will be though, how much of a golden goodbye will they be due??

8 Sevco are still skint and need real money very fast otherwise ( see #4)

9. On the park, Sevco are still rank rotten, have a "new manager" who is pretty much the same as the old one, and they have no chance of winning the league.

10. They still have to pay Fat Sally about £750,000 for doing slightly less than he has been doing for the last 3 seasons. This is tricky because ( see # 8 )

11. There is more than one current legal case taking place that could cost them even more money ( see# 8 )

12. They have just sold their prize ( and some say ONLY playing asset) for enough money to pay a whole months wages ( maybe)

13. The entire club is a clusterfuck.

14. I am laughing as I type this summary.

Have I missed anything?????

Edited to add. 15. An existing shareholder has " Grassed " Davo and the 3 bears up to the stock exchange but we don't know who yet..

Edited by The ghost of Jim Morton

Managed to miss the King development yesterday.

It certainly makes the situation interesting now.

Ostensibly, this looks like good news for Rangers fans. For the first time in a long while, people who want Rangers to be successful for reasons beyond them trousering fortunes, would appear to be gaining some control. I've got to say that some of the P&D bluster on here about reaching delightedly for the popcorn, is less than entirely convincing.

With King of course though, there are always questions and doubts. It also raises questions about what Ashley does from here. If this is good news for Rangers, it means that the SFA's blocking of Ashley has been very helpful and once more dents the silly argument that says the governing bodies, in the iron control of Lawell do everything to hinder Rangers.

The transactions this week have of course done nothing to directly address the pressing financial problems that afflict Rangers, but I suppose they are a step towards that being enabled.

Warchests still look a long way off, but a rosier picture might be emerging for Rangers. With King on board though, there are no certainties.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Having read a good few pages of this, plus the guys blog regarding Cockwomble, the BBC stuff and a few other bits and pieces I want to know if I have got this right..

1. Tax dodger Davo has bought 16% odd of shares from a hedge fund who have sold them at a vast loss.

2. The 3 Bears ( Daddy, Mummy and Baby) have also bought a lump of shares from another institutional investor who again has sold up at a vast loss.

3. The 3 Bears and dodgy Davo claim to not be working together .This is important and has to be said because, should they be working together, then as they have upwards of 30% of the shares, they would then need to offer all existing shareholders the chance to sell their shares to dodgy Davo and his three Bears at a price quite a bit higher than they are priced at now. This of course is exactly what dodgy Davo vowed not to do, as he wants his cash to go directly to Sevco rather than the gold diggers who populate the corridors of power at Ibrokes.

Of course by buying shares yesterday he has paid money that won't be going to Sevco, but at least it won't be going to Sommers, the Easdales, Micky Gashly, Craig Shyte, Charles Green or any of the other utter shysters ( he hopes)

How we doing so far??

4 Given the dumping of shares by two large companies/hedge funds, do they know that the balloon is about to go up?

5. Cockwomble is either very stupid or trying to prepare the ground for Admin II. Either way, it would seem he has shat the bed and by spouting his mouth off to Piss McLaughlin has surely talked himself out of a job at last, given what he has said ( unless of course all our club chairmen agree but just haven't told anyone).

6. Micky Gashly is being pissed on and may well be pissed off. His dastardly plan is being derailed by the cunning Davo and his 3 bears. This may make him angry and he may fancy a financial or legal "Square Go"

7. Sommers, at least one Easdale and Llambias will soon be oot on their arses. Question will be though, how much of a golden goodbye will they be due??

8 Sevco are still skint and need real money very fast otherwise ( see #4)

9. On the park, Sevco are still rank rotten, have a "new manager" who is pretty much the same as the old one, and they have no chance of winning the league.

10. They still have to pay Fat Sally about £750,000 for doing slightly less than he has been doing for the last 3 seasons. This is tricky because ( see # 8 )

11. There is more than one current legal case taking place that could cost them even more money ( see# 8 )

12. They have just sold their prize ( and some say ONLY playing asset) for enough money to pay a whole months wages ( maybe)

13. The entire club is a clusterfuck.

14. I am laughing as I type this summary.

Have I missed anything?????

Edited to add. 15. An existing shareholder has " Grassed " Davo and the 3 bears up to the stock exchange but we don't know who yet..

Hasn't there also been a complaint about Cockwomble's recent interview with a certain pliant BBC journalist?

If nothing else, these are interesting days for fans of the the Rangers.

I'm enjoying the speculation that the SPFL and/or SFA are merrily beavering away behind the scenes on new and creative wheezes to sustain the Proddy Franchise. It wouldn't surprise me. Commercially, you might recall, a TV contract that demands four Celtic/the the Rangers games is what it's all about. The SPFL can't seem to find sponsorship for its main activity without this once world famous festival of spousal battery.

What to do, then, if you're out of your depth and resemble a Benny Hill character in looks and language perception? What jolly ruses scribbled on paper and jammed in a drawer, King style, to await fruition?

What prompted Doncaster to bring up the old club/old club issue umprompted? Or was it rehearsed with the journalist as part of a kite-flying exercise?

Would the SPFL's clubs sit back and take gerrymandering of the rules? Would some ambitious administrator find nine, 11 or 15 club chairmen greedy enough to tear the league structures apart again in order to shoehorn the Proddy Franchise in and create an 'SPL 2' with all the sops to the lower league clubs of the last, disgraced iteration? 'If' the lower league clubs buy it.

Ostensibly, this looks like good news for Rangers fans. For the first time in a long while, people who want Rangers to be successful for reasons beyond them trousering fortunes, would appear to be gaining some control. I've got to say that some of the P&D bluster on here about reaching delightedly for the popcorn, is less than entirely convincing.

With King of course though, there are always questions and doubts. It also raises questions about what Ashley does from here. If this is good news for Rangers, it means that the SFA's blocking of Ashley has been very helpful and once more dents the silly argument that says the governing bodies, in the iron control of Lawell do everything to hinder Rangers.

The transactions this week have of course done nothing to directly address the pressing financial problems that afflict Rangers, but I suppose they are a step towards that being enabled.

Warchests still look a long way off, but a rosier picture might be emerging for Rangers. With King on board though, there are no certainties.

'Interesting' is one way of putting it.

The objective is the survival and development of the business. It's three years old thereabouts and should be running around like one. It's very rare that things are born geriatric, blinkered, stunted and reactionary but Scottish football managed that in the summer of 2012.

Will these guys cooperate or will they fight for the club like it's a piece of ass?

I think we've all seen enough of these shenanigans to know what a bit of light at the end of the tunnel usually means, but it's certainly better news for the NewCo than they've had in a long time.

The big question here is - can the club attract enough supporters to survive while also living within their means? The only way it can possibly balance the books is to get hugely more bums on seats while also getting rid of the big money players and bringing in cheap journeymen and Championship-level veterans.

In the short term, that's likely to mean waving farewell to promotion this year and convincing fans to pay to endure a lot of frustrating draws and painful defeats. We've seen just how much enthusiasm there is at Ibrox for watching a team that doesn't win week in, week out, and it's pretty limited.

I suspect that the only thing that's going to keep the club afloat is a huge propaganda push, like the one at the start of the Journey - convincing the supporters that attending games will get it right up What's Left Of Scottish Football. I anticipate that the board will soon hit new heights of orange-tapped WATP-ing, because the product on the park isn't going to get punters through the gates for as long as the match reports regularly feature the words "Rangers Nil".

That's assuming that this whole thing isn't a desperate last-ditch attempt to ensure that Rangers Men get a say in the imminent liquidation of the NewCo, of course.

Edited by flyingrodent

I think we've all seen enough of these shenanigans to know what a bit of light at the end of the tunnel usually means, but it's certainly better news for the NewCo than they've had in a long time.

The big question here is - can the club attract enough supporters to survive while also living within their means? The only way it can possibly balance the books is to get hugely more bums on seats while also getting rid of the big money players and bringing in cheap journeymen and Championship-level veterans.

I'd agree that there's a difficult circle in there to square, but any upcoming share issue that can be underwritten by the new guys, should have a good chance of success I'd have thought.

If this season can be limped through, perhaps with King investment, or even further Ashley loans, a propaganda mission like the one you suggest, might also enjoy some success.

Due to the play-offs, there remains a decent chance that Rangers will still get promoted this season and that might create better conditions for again shifting lots of STs.

Lots of variables are still at play. If I was a Rangers fan, King would scare (and shame) me as much as excite me, but the shift in Ashley's position does make things look different now.

Edited by Monkey Tennis