Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

It is all about WRK for you and tedi.

He will be laughing that you 2 clowns have your signature dedicated to him, keep biting boys.

Oh, the merriment these two cause never ends. The old "no' wan ae us..." card played as default. Because I'm always nice about your lot, aren't I? :rolleyes:

Why would that stop him buying shares?

It won't. He can't become a director so what is point of buying shares as he won't have any power other than voting rights.

Interestingly though, if a person or group acquires 30% of voting rights in a company they must make a cash offer to all other shareholders at the highest price paid in previous 12 months. Have they split this purchase from purchase of Laxey shares to avoid making the statutory offer? King and 3 Bears might be working together but not sure if this gives them enough power to do anything. Anyone help?

Keeping it under the 30% but still effectively an alliance with much more than 30%

I think there is a clause that once any individual shareholder owns 30% + then they have to offer to buy the shares off the other shareholders at a higher price.

It also means they can veto any decision.

If Ashley and Easdale want to fight then things can effectively go into stalemate but Ashley has effectively lost the control he enjoyed last week.

That could also be damaging for Rangers

It won't. He can't become a director so what is point of buying shares as he won't have any power other than voting rights.

Interestingly though, if a person or group acquires 30% of voting rights in a company they must make a cash offer to all other shareholders at the highest price paid in previous 12 months. Have they split this purchase from purchase of Laxey shares to avoid making the statutory offer? King and 3 Bears might be working together but not sure if this gives them enough power to do anything. Anyone help?

There are rules against groups of individuals acting together - either formally or informally - so-called "concert parties". They could be required to make a statutory offer to all other shareholders.

Fully aware of this but at least King and co have stopped just talking a good game.

If a deal can be struck which protects Ashley`s retail arm then he may just play ball, all eyes are on him now.

Absolutely, it was laughable that so many of the self proclaimed saviors tried to wrest control without putting skin in the game.

Now however, as they say in Bad Boys "shyt just got real". :)

Popcorn at the ready, let battle commence! :)

Yours

aDONis

There are rules against groups of individuals acting together - either formally or informally - so-called "concert parties". They could be required to make a statutory offer to all other shareholders.

Thanks EdinburghBlue. Anyone know if this block of shares was part of the Easdale proxy block or do they still hold sway?

Absolute shambles of a club, just prolonging the life for a short while.

It won't prolong anything, the club/company/clumpany is still in the same place it was - needing £8M to avoid going bust. King buying shares hasn't added any money to the coffers.

Not sure if King cares about the director part, I expect to see Paul Murray fulfilling that role on his behalf and there is no rule that I am aware of which blocks that.

The block they own between them is 35% possibly close to 40% if you include a few other possible allies, it gives them the power they need to stop things, any talk of things like sale and leaseback is gone.

There is also the subject of the investment offers, both of which I believe are still on the table.

Murray was part of the board in 2011 so he should be ruled out until 2016 at the earliest. He cannot be involved in a similarly named company for 5 years.

The thing sevco fans should ask is why are all these shares being made available now. If the 3 bears and dodgy Dave wanted to help the club then they should wait till the new share issue. After the current board pass on the chance to buy them. Oh and sevco are still due Ashley £3 million plus still need £8 million to survive the rest of the season. Can't wait to to find out how much they'll have for new signings

Sevco fans are getting exciting the convicted tax fraudster has bought shares in the company.

Priceless

With King buying his way into the Club (to an extent) will the fans be heading back to Ibrox en mass?

The SoS were only yesterday ramping up their 'Not a Penny More' campaign.

Murray was part of the board in 2011 so he should be ruled out until 2016 at the earliest. He cannot be involved in a similarly named company for 5 years.

What about the club board?

Interesting perspective, DhenBhoy. I think Cockwomble's just a lump of wood, really.

However, you may have a point. Will the SPFL get itself into more funny shapes in order to save the Proddy Franchise? Will it be a franchise type set-up that allows shysters to do as they damn well please in the league with their 'absolute discretion'? Will clubs vote for that?

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. The old SFL allowed the franchising of Meadowbank Thistle to West Lothian under a completely dodgy character and the Rangers shenanigans aren't too different (although their shysters have actually been convicted in some cases). Others will probably know way better than I do, but IIRC the English system pretty much outlawed franchising after the MK Dons fiasco whereas in Scotland it is still allowed? May well be wrong on that though...