Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

That it may well be,but to be preached to by a fan of a club who emulated it's ugly big sister and spending more than it's means trying to make up ground on Celtic and thus finding itself skint and dropping right out of the division just a tad......well?....Laughable!

Who has regressed the furthest Einstien?...Sheesh!

<<<

Not biting.

Honestly I'd find it really intriguing if at the start of each season there were 4 or 5 clubs who realistically had a chance to win the title AWESOME !.

Also like I said it'd be better if the other clubs got more finances without getting into debt.

Totally agree.

This is exactly why I highlighted it. Was today's share purchase in addition to the £6.5M or part of it? Makes a big difference. I really don't know.

Well they haven't released in the media that it is extra investment, what is clear that they wanted more influence and have bought a bulk load of shares today and realistically it must be part of their initial £6.5 million.

What it does is secure £2.66 million quids worth of shares before the next share issue and may only have just shy of £4 million to invest further. This seems more likely to be the case because they didn't ever say they had more funding towards buying more shares if necessary.

Who'd of thought we'd end 2014 with Sevco in a worse state than 2013?

One manager on gardening leave and another 'manager' without a clue. Yet another boardroom rift in the offing. Onerous contracts in place and mounting up. 15 points off the top of the table in the Championship with a decent chance of not even getting out of the division.

Glorious.

Another Valentine's Day administration? Could it really be that perfect all over again?

Looking forward to the gift that keeps on giving keeping on giving in 2015.

Happy New Sevco to all.

Well they haven't released in the media that it is extra investment, what is clear that they wanted more influence and have bought a bulk load of shares today and realistically it must be part of their initial £6.5 million.

So £6.5M AND today's share purchase or £6.5M INCLUDING today's share purchase?

Neither of us knows.

I don't disagree with you regarding wanting the Diddy Clubs attendances increase as opposed to Celtics dropping but realistically none of us are going to match 40-60,000 every other week.

I do think what we are seeing is our leagues (including Celtic) having to take a step backwards in order to move forwards.......much of which will depend upon whether the powers that be want to protect competition or reinstate a certain duopoly.

Yer sadly right SJC, decades upon decades of two well over fed clubs sucking up everything in sight. It is unusually absurd for a country the size of ours to have two clubs with attendances over 40,000K, 25,000K would appear a more reasonable figure but the bigotfest was fed and fed until one of them eventually burst from getting too greedy.

If the associations had any balls to make change for the better like enforcing an attendance cap around 25K it might help/force bridge the finance gap and increase it until certain clubs can show they have more than 25K punters wanting to go to games. I feel that Hearts, Hibs and even Aberdeen could theoretically get more than 30K going to their games if the game was made more fair even at the cost of Celtic or the new club being hobbled until there was competition for the title.

Keep posting Tim. You constantly make we Bears appear to be the brain boxes of the thread.

You do Benny a great dishonour Kinky, no one will ever come close to being a human walking and living without a single working brain cell, ffs he can't even click on a link without making a cnut of it. :lol:

Yer sadly right SJC, decades upon decades of two well over fed clubs sucking up everything in sight. It is unusually absurd for a country the size of ours to have two clubs with attendances over 40,000K, 25,000K would appear a more reasonable figure but the bigotfest was fed and fed until one of them eventually burst from getting too greedy.

If the associations had any balls to make change for the better like enforcing an attendance cap around 25K it might help/force bridge the finance gap and increase it until certain clubs can show they have more than 25K punters wanting to go to games. I feel that Hearts, Hibs and even Aberdeen could theoretically get more than 30K going to their games if the game was made more fair even at the cost of Celtic or the new club being hobbled until there was competition for the title.

I agree. What we've see in Scotland is just an extension of what is now happening in the UCL and in turn every other league in Europe.

Traditional big Clubs from smaller Nations (Celtic, Rangers, Benfica, Ajax et al) finding harder and harder to compete (in some cases qualify) and thanks to the "financial fair play rules" the status quo are less likely to be challenged.

Club football needs to be careful otherwise everyone will end up supporting Real/Barca/Man Utd in 20-40years time.

So what about gate-sharing? Subtract running costs and split the remainder - it takes two clubs to play a match, after all. That way celtic and rangers fans can continue to have their wee crowd wanks, but the money gets shared more equitably.

In actual fact, a league without a guaranteed Glaswegian winner might not be too attractive to the Sisters' fans so, with them having relatively massive grounds to maintain, they might well end up retaining the majority of their home gates.

<<<

No Answer?

I know my Club regressed......we nearly went bust!

Thankful Mrs Budge & our fans (myself included) stepped up to the mark and saved the Club and we are well on our way back.

As for trying to label us with the "Proddy little brother" tag.......I'm not buying it as we've shown recently by banning for life from the stadium a fcukwit for sectarian abuse at the recent Celtic game...which shows it won't be tolerated by Hearts.

It is close season when Wimbledon is on :lol:

In Celtic's case the attendances are going back to what they have historically been, although ST sales are still around the 40,000.

If that means Celtic need to rely on bringing young players through and buying young cheap players from abroad, I can live with that as long as the football is attractive.

I agree......but will the element of your fanbase accept that?

Club football needs to be careful otherwise everyone will end up supporting Real/Barca/Man Utd in 20-40years time.

This has been happening for quite a while. I took a flight from Gatwick to Stavanger a couple of Sundays ago and there were loads (maybe 10 or 12?) kids wearing Arsenal/Chelsea/Man U tops who'd been taken to England for football games.

I agree. What we've see in Scotland is just an extension of what is now happening in the UCL and in turn every other league in Europe.

Traditional big Clubs from smaller Nations (Celtic, Rangers, Benfica, Ajax et al) finding harder and harder to compete (in some cases qualify) and thanks to the "financial fair play rules" the status quo are less likely to be challenged.

Champions League is rigged and I can see a break away European League with the big clubs leaving their home leagues to compete in it. Their home countries will suffer and go backwards as all the money is sucked into one place !, the big Euroleague by invite only.

You know next season if both Edinburgh clubs make it back to the Premiership I think the Premiership will be in for a large jump in attendances not just because they are two of the biggest clubs in Scotland but because of the feel good factor. The Edinburgh derbys might even be sell outs, then there's matches with a rejuvenated Aberdeen club which a large home and travelling support.

Yip should be a cracker next season with a sponsor hopefully if the suits at the associations do their job and sell it and not demean it.

and becoming non attending football fans, supporting their club from the pub or armchair.

Exactly. As disappointing as it is seeing bus loads of fans going to Celtic & Rangers games but at least they actually attend games! The ones that buy a replica top and slag of the supporters of local Clubs are just parasites imo.

I know my Club regressed......we nearly went bust!

Thankful Mrs Budge & our fans (myself included) stepped up to the mark and saved the Club and we are well on our way back.

As for trying to label us with the "Proddy little brother" tag.......I'm not buying it as we've shown recently by banning for life from the stadium a fcukwit for sectarian abuse at the recent Celtic game...which shows it won't be tolerated by Hearts.

Who mentioned religion/Proddy? Sorry to disappoint but that ain't my style. Never has been.

I likened your team to Rangers for their similarities to their Glasgow counterparts. From Romanov's "moonbeams" to your managements rough house tactics, right down to your fans venom and intimidation tactics.

As for Regressing? I think we both know the answer as to who has regressed the furthest between our teams eh?

So what about gate-sharing? Subtract running costs and split the remainder - it takes two clubs to play a match, after all. That way celtic and rangers fans can continue to have their wee crowd wanks, but the money gets shared more equitably.

In actual fact, a league without a guaranteed Glaswegian winner might not be too attractive to the Sisters' fans so, with them having relatively massive grounds to maintain, they might well end up retaining the majority of their home gates.

:lol: How many Killie fans you reckon if Killie were cruising the Premiership would show up each week ?, honest question so try not to get nasty ffs. :P

I'm intrigued how big the glory hunting faction are should Killie be top dog.

Stadium cap might help ffs, it at least puts a ceiling on how much the club gets and how much the other clubs can lure back. Allow the full stadium during cups for extra cash that gets split.

Champions League is rigged and I can see a break away European League with the big clubs leaving their home leagues to compete in it. Their home countries will suffer and go backwards as all the money is sucked into one place !, the big Euroleague by invite only.

Do you really think even the big Clubs fans want that though? Imagine Utd fans without their game against Liverpool for example......football is build on local rivalries (as shown in the Celtic/Rangers case).

Who's going to stomach travelling across the continent 18times a season for away games?

Then of course, how long before they want to reduce the size of the league on the basis of "best v best" or "people only want to watch Real v Barca" etc